Auteur Sujet: Two questions on ORDERS.  (Lu 4361 fois)

Hors ligne HarryInk

• Grognard de la Vieille Garde
  • Major
Two questions on ORDERS.
« le: 24 janvier 2011, 00:38:19 am »
1.  I have a PBEM with a commander attacking from my left flank.  I gave him a first objective, then extended it in a second order some turns later.  Now in F8 the red arrow clearly indicates his 2nd objective, but when I scroll over him it says 'No Orders'.  What does this mean?  (perhaps that he has achieved #1 but not activated #2 yet?).

2.   I tested the order system recently by ordering a corps to deploy from A to B.  After it's advance started, I ordered it to C, at right angles to B.  After the delay, the corps changed direction from A-B toward C.   So, am I right to believe that the first order will change to the second?  That the corps does not have to march all the way to B before starting to advance on C?   If I wanted it to go A-B-C then I would have to estimate the time delay to allow it to get to B, THEN activate the B-C order?
"But I vil not divulge any furzer informazion!"

Hors ligne HarryInk

• Major
Re : Two questions on ORDERS.
« Réponse #1 le: 29 janvier 2011, 03:24:29 am »
In answer to my questions,...

1.  it is now several turns later and I note that my chap is now obeying his newer order.  So I take it that one his first order is either IN PROCESS or ACHIEVED he counts as having NO ORDERS, yes?  And that the new order will take effect after the appropriate delay.  Any 'old hands' have an opinion on this?

-----------

En réponse à mes questions,... 

1. il est maintenant plusieurs trou plus tard et je remarque que mon chap est maintenant obéissant à son ordre plus récent.  Si je comprends bien qu'un son premier ordre est en processus ou obtenus Il compte comme ayant "No Orders", oui ?  Et que le nouvel ordre prendra effet après le délai approprié.

Y a-t-il des grognards avec une opinion ?

Hors ligne thilio

• Général de Brigade
« Réponse #2 le: 29 janvier 2011, 09:58:40 am »
No clear opinion on this topic.
Because sometimes I find strange behavior with my orders and don't know exactly why. It depends probably on a lot of thing like FoW, options for orders transmission, a threat that makes the corps commander stop or cancel my order...

Hors ligne thilio

• Général de Brigade
« Réponse #3 le: 29 janvier 2011, 10:02:42 am »
Previous response was for 1)

2.    So, am I right to believe that the first order will change to the second?  That the corps does not have to march all the way to B before starting to advance on C?   If I wanted it to go A-B-C then I would have to estimate the time delay to allow it to get to B, THEN activate the B-C order?

Yes, I believe you are right

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
« Réponse #4 le: 29 janvier 2011, 13:29:32 pm »
1.  I have a PBEM with a commander attacking from my left flank.  I gave him a first objective, then extended it in a second order some turns later.  Now in F8 the red arrow clearly indicates his 2nd objective, but when I scroll over him it says 'No Orders'.  What does this mean?  (perhaps that he has achieved #1 but not activated #2 yet?).

That means he hasn't received and begun to act on 2nd Order.

2.   I tested the order system recently by ordering a corps to deploy from A to B.  After it's advance started, I ordered it to C, at right angles to B.  After the delay, the corps changed direction from A-B toward C.   So, am I right to believe that the first order will change to the second?  That the corps does not have to march all the way to B before starting to advance on C?   If I wanted it to go A-B-C then I would have to estimate the time delay to allow it to get to B, THEN activate the B-C order?

If your second order was given "Immediate" then it will counter the first order when received.  If you have selected "Delay 10 minutes" for instance, then the 1st order will be completed and the 2nd order acted upon 10 minutes after the completion of the 1st order
« Modifié: 29 janvier 2011, 13:31:40 pm par ajlewisbrookes »

Hors ligne HarryInk

• Major
« Réponse #5 le: 30 janvier 2011, 13:57:03 pm »
I thank you, AJ. :)

Hors ligne Marquês de Alorna

• Chef de Bataillon
Re : Re : Two questions on ORDERS.
« Réponse #6 le: 30 janvier 2011, 20:10:46 pm »
1.  it is now several turns later and I note that my chap is now obeying his newer order.  So I take it that one his first order is either IN PROCESS or ACHIEVED he counts as having NO ORDERS, yes?  And that the new order will take effect after the appropriate delay.  Any 'old hands' have an opinion on this?

Yes, some time ago I have reported this as a bug to JMM. In fact the "no orders" status message is not intuitive. I think that "order still not acknowledged" or something of the sort would be more intuitive. In fact, I've already suggested that there should be an order history for each corps and detached regiment. Maybe in the new GUI...  :roll: