Auteur Sujet: AI regimental  (Lu 10402 fois)

Hors ligne Alfiere

• Général de Brigade
AI regimental
« le: 23 janvier 2011, 14:42:49 pm »
I have a great curiosity about AI regimental.
Probabily could write a book for how work.
But broadly what do, which step controls?

I have not understood why the guns are always limber and stationary without orders,is not better unlimber if stationary?
« Modifié: 23 janvier 2011, 16:24:40 pm par Alfiere »
Danube camp - 3rd Coaltion camp

Hors ligne Jacquinot

• Colonel
  • Victory or death!
Re : AI regimental
« Réponse #1 le: 23 janvier 2011, 15:56:18 pm »
I have a great curiosity about AI regimental.
Probabily could write a book for how work.
But broadly what do, which step controls?

I have not understood why the guns are always limber and stationary without orders,is not better unlimber if stationary?

Yes, i think guns must be unlimber when regiment be in line formation and limber when regiment be in attack or march column, but i think its not big problem to push "detach guns" buttom. But one quation - WHERE IS THE "ATTACH GUNS" BUTTOM!!!??? :p
Glinka F.N. The memoirs of  Borodino battle. - "...screams of commanders and howls of despair on ten different languages was drowned by cannonade and drumbeat..."

Hors ligne Alfiere

• Général de Brigade
« Réponse #2 le: 30 janvier 2011, 11:13:41 am »
I hope that in the future the doctrine will be a great opportunity to interact with AI regimental.
But other at primary and secondary objectives for guns,formations and permissions for normal and detaches units will be possible customize other behavior ?
examples :
scouts behavior.(return after spotting or not)
placements units in defensive line or offensive line. (guns and inf at center, cavalry on wing, or other options)
unlimber guns if without orders or not
detach units that became attach units after x times
end so on

Hors ligne Jacquinot

• Colonel
  • Victory or death!
Re : Re : AI regimental
« Réponse #3 le: 30 janvier 2011, 11:27:14 am »
I hope that in the future the doctrine will be a great opportunity to interact with AI regimental.
But other at primary and secondary objectives for guns,formations and permissions for normal and detaches units will be possible customize other behavior ?
examples :
scouts behavior.(return after spotting or not)
placements units in defensive line or offensive line. (guns and inf at center, cavalry on wing, or other options)
unlimber guns if without orders or not
detach units that became attach units after x times
end so on

I think we cant on 100% simulate Napoleonic wars with AI, it was time of human resourcefulness and
inventiveness, AI cant compete with generals of this time.
Glinka F.N. The memoirs of  Borodino battle. - "...screams of commanders and howls of despair on ten different languages was drowned by cannonade and drumbeat..."

Hors ligne Alfiere

• Général de Brigade
« Réponse #4 le: 30 janvier 2011, 11:36:35 am »
Yes , is true , but is always possible give orders with micromanagement.
Only for standardize own preferred behavior in the battle.(for that will be possible)
« Modifié: 30 janvier 2011, 12:36:05 pm par Alfiere »

Hors ligne Jacquinot

• Colonel
  • Victory or death!
« Réponse #5 le: 30 janvier 2011, 12:56:59 pm »
Yes , is true , but is always possible give orders with micromanagement.
Only for standardize own preferred behavior in the battle.(for that will be possible)

I think we need three things: 1) Division commanders, 2) "Attach guns" buttom, 3) "Charge" buttom.

Hors ligne HarryInk

• Grognard de la Vieille Garde
  • Major
« Réponse #6 le: 30 janvier 2011, 13:55:53 pm »
Respectfully, I disagree Jacquinot.  It is one of the charms of LG that I do not order units to charge  - though I do order attacks.  That is the job of a colonel and I play a general.  UNLESS I take command of that unit, seizing its standard and leading it into combat, and then I should lose all greater control of my army because I have demoted myself.

However, I look forward to division commanders. :)
"But I vil not divulge any furzer informazion!"

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
« Réponse #7 le: 30 janvier 2011, 14:55:58 pm »
Respectfully, I disagree Jacquinot.  It is one of the charms of LG that I do not order units to charge  - though I do order attacks.  That is the job of a colonel and I play a general.  UNLESS I take command of that unit, seizing its standard and leading it into combat, and then I should lose all greater control of my army because I have demoted myself.

I'm with Harry here, I want to keep micromanagement to a minimum

Hors ligne Marquês de Alorna

• Chef de Bataillon
« Réponse #8 le: 30 janvier 2011, 20:12:42 pm »

I'm with Harry here, I want to keep micromanagement to a minimum

Mee too!

Hors ligne Jacquinot

• Colonel
  • Victory or death!
« Réponse #9 le: 31 janvier 2011, 18:25:28 pm »
Respectfully, I disagree Jacquinot.  It is one of the charms of LG that I do not order units to charge  - though I do order attacks.  That is the job of a colonel and I play a general.  UNLESS I take command of that unit, seizing its standard and leading it into combat, and then I should lose all greater control of my army because I have demoted myself.

I think we need charge buttom for more bayonet attacks.
I want play colonel or Brigade general and say to my soldiers -  "Give them cold steel boys" - L.Armistead.
« Modifié: 31 janvier 2011, 18:33:48 pm par Jacquinot »

Hors ligne lodi57

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Général de Brigade
Re : Re : Re : AI regimental
« Réponse #10 le: 01 février 2011, 10:46:46 am »
I think we need charge buttom for more bayonet attacks.
I want play colonel or Brigade general and say to my soldiers -  "Give them cold steel boys" - L.Armistead.

As in reality, fighting calculation is based on moral. If your regiments do not charged, it is  surely because they do not have enough moral to do it. Consequently, a "charged" button will be usefull because even if you give hundred times the order to charge, the regiment will execute the order only if its moral allows this action. And it still exists an "attack" button that made infantery or cavalry to attack.
“Jamais d’aultres armes nous prendront, que celles que nous élisons ; et nous disons pour réconfort, nous voulons la liberté ou la mort !”

Hors ligne Jacquinot

• Colonel
  • Victory or death!
Re : Re : Re : Re : AI regimental
« Réponse #11 le: 01 février 2011, 17:24:59 pm »
As in reality, fighting calculation is based on moral. If your regiments do not charged, it is  surely because they do not have enough moral to do it. Consequently, a "charged" button will be usefull because even if you give hundred times the order to charge, the regiment will execute the order only if its moral allows this action. And it still exists an "attack" button that made infantery or cavalry to attack.

And what is moral? If you fight in Borodino battle for your motherland near walls of Moscow, tell me what is your moral level? How LG can calculate my moral level when im fight for motherland?

Hors ligne lodi57

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Général de Brigade
Re : Re : Re : Re : Re : AI regimental
« Réponse #12 le: 02 février 2011, 13:00:33 pm »
And what is moral? If you fight in Borodino battle for your motherland near walls of Moscow, tell me what is your moral level? How LG can calculate my moral level when im fight for motherland?

With a so high moral level I wonder why Russian lost Borodino battle  :roll:.

More seriously, if you want to know about moral and psychology in combat, read this book :

http://www.amazon.fr/Battle-Studies-Charles-Jacques-Ardant/dp/115359112X/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1296648161&sr=8-3
“Jamais d’aultres armes nous prendront, que celles que nous élisons ; et nous disons pour réconfort, nous voulons la liberté ou la mort !”

Hors ligne Jacquinot

• Colonel
  • Victory or death!
Re : Re : Re : Re : Re : Re : AI regimental
« Réponse #13 le: 02 février 2011, 14:20:49 pm »
With a so high moral level I wonder why Russian lost Borodino battle  :roll:.

More seriously, if you want to know about moral and psychology in combat, read this book :

http://www.amazon.fr/Battle-Studies-Charles-Jacques-Ardant/dp/115359112X/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1296648161&sr=8-3

Russian lost Borodino battle???!!! Are you jocking???!!! 8000 soldiers of Prince Bagration with 52 canons stand against 45000 soldiers of Davout, Ney, Murat with 200 canons at 6.00 to 10.oo am on fleches under horror canonade! At 18.00 Russian army stand also like in begining of battle. 40000-45000 french soldiers was wounden and dead, 8 french generals was dead and 41 wounded. Do you think its French victory?

Hors ligne lodi57

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Général de Brigade
Re : Re : Re : Re : Re : Re : Re : AI regimental
« Réponse #14 le: 02 février 2011, 20:09:18 pm »
Russian lost Borodino battle???!!! Are you jocking???!!! 8000 soldiers of Prince Bagration with 52 canons stand against 45000 soldiers of Davout, Ney, Murat with 200 canons at 6.00 to 10.oo am on fleches under horror canonade! At 18.00 Russian army stand also like in begining of battle. 40000-45000 french soldiers was wounden and dead, 8 french generals was dead and 41 wounded. Do you think its French victory?

It was really not the question. Focusing on a detail to avoid the real debat is so easy. So read Ardant du Picq book and then come back and have a serious argued discussion about moral.
There are hundreds examples in war history where very high moral level regiments were defeated or fled.