Auteur Sujet: Wavre - a question about the AI  (Lu 3463 fois)

Hors ligne Uxbridge

• Chef de Bataillon
Wavre - a question about the AI
« le: 23 janvier 2011, 13:15:45 pm »
I have been playing the Wavre 8:30 scenario as the French. I find that the Prussians stay absolutely still. They do not march to any point nor make any defensive movements but remain formed in a long column across the diagonal of the map. I order my corps to take the bridges and then, as the reinforcements arrive during the morning,  to move to capture the Prussian's northern supply point and still the Prussians  remain in place. Only when I attack do they react and even then most of them stay where they are.

What are the Prussians supposed to do?
Has anyone seen my leg?

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
    • http://www.histwar.com
Re : Wavre - a question about the AI
« Réponse #1 le: 23 janvier 2011, 13:50:18 pm »
About the Great Tactical AI...

Two things:
a) for each new battle, AI builds a new tactical plan (TP); generally speaking, the TP are very different at each time but that is depending on the kind of maps... Wavre is a bit complex because there is a river in the middle of the map and AI doesn't like the rivers  :oops:
Consequence : could you try to relaunch the battle; it is possible the Tactical Plan could be better.
b) after finishing the new GUI, I'll work a lot of this AI; I think the next version will be improved a lot. In the present one, the reactivity is very low; it is able to take the advantage when it begins to win, otherwise it isn't very efficient.

Clear?
JMM

Hors ligne Jacquinot

• Colonel
  • Victory or death!
« Réponse #2 le: 23 janvier 2011, 13:51:42 pm »
I have been playing the Wavre 8:30 scenario as the French. I find that the Prussians stay absolutely still. They do not march to any point nor make any defensive movements but remain formed in a long column across the diagonal of the map. I order my corps to take the bridges and then, as the reinforcements arrive during the morning,  to move to capture the Prussian's northern supply point and still the Prussians  remain in place. Only when I attack do they react and even then most of them stay where they are.

What are the Prussians supposed to do?

I think its happen because if you want to make historical scenari you should broke AI limits: deployment only in own zone, disposition points of reinforcements in own zone, limit of number of woods, absence river in midle of map, etc. Now its real problem for historical battles.
Glinka F.N. The memoirs of  Borodino battle. - "...screams of commanders and howls of despair on ten different languages was drowned by cannonade and drumbeat..."

Hors ligne Uxbridge

• Chef de Bataillon
« Réponse #3 le: 23 janvier 2011, 14:55:43 pm »
Thanks JMM and I hope you can take Jacquinot's comments into the next version of the AI
Has anyone seen my leg?

Hors ligne Jacquinot

• Colonel
  • Victory or death!
« Réponse #4 le: 23 janvier 2011, 15:38:34 pm »
Im realy dont understnd why JMM create AI with this limits, i think this limits like time bomb for all game :D
But anyway Histwar best wargame about Napoleonic wars, and this AI much better than Totalwar AI and many others.
Personally id like AI in "Take command 2nd Manassas" and Histwar of course.
Glinka F.N. The memoirs of  Borodino battle. - "...screams of commanders and howls of despair on ten different languages was drowned by cannonade and drumbeat..."