Auteur Sujet: How to create a scenario?  (Lu 7813 fois)

Hors ligne LegerDesOnheils

• Sergent
How to create a scenario?
« le: 20 janvier 2011, 19:22:08 pm »
Dear all,

Taking the risk of being called utterly dense for not finding the info myself (believe me, I have searched extensively) I ask you scenario makers:' how do you create a scenario from scratch?'

I have made a map, I have OOBs but I cannot find any clue as how to put them together into a new scenario in which the two factions start from a fixed position that map.

Could someone please help me to the information, I would be very grateful.

Pat

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
    • http://www.histwar.com
Re : How to create a scenario?
« Réponse #1 le: 20 janvier 2011, 19:59:24 pm »
Dear all,
Taking the risk of being called utterly dense for not finding the info myself (believe me, I have searched extensively)

Not here  8) ;)

I ask you scenario makers:' how do you create a scenario from scratch?'
I have made a map, I have OOBs but I cannot find any clue as how to put them together into a new scenario in which the two factions start from a fixed position that map.
Could someone please help me to the information, I would be very grateful.
Pat

Take a look at the folder scenarii...
There are 2 another folder.. For example, choose the English one.
Open one of file.. for example Austerlitz:
Second line : choose the season : (copy one of 4 texts :  Summer, Autumn ...)
Third line : chose the weather (copy from Snow, Foggy,...)
5th,6th,7th line
Write the names (map,order of battle side A, side B). These ones must exit in the folder Map / Army
ScenariA/B
You are free to add a text for the 2 sides.
Attention : [] must be used to encapsulate the text itself... no more 1500 characters.

Very easy; Waiting a short tool to build scenario, but not the highest priority.

Clear?
JMM

• Sergent
« Réponse #2 le: 20 janvier 2011, 20:26:43 pm »
Dear sir,

many thanks for your response. From opening several scenario files I kind of figured I could do it like that but I hoped there was a way of creating a scenario in which you could place the individual units on the map to start the scenario from fixed positions (either historically accurate or fictional ones). Even better if one could additionally give them initial orders.

I will wait for the proper tool and in the meantime follow your recommendations for building my scenarios without fixed positions.

cheers,
Pat

Hors ligne zu Pferd

• Colonel
    • [IMG]http://i59.tinypic.com/20f5jja.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i59.tinypic.com/20f5jja.jpg[/IMG]
« Réponse #3 le: 03 février 2011, 10:58:18 am »
Hello Legere,

from the jist of your e-mail (if I'm not mistaken) you can do that already.

1 draw a map
2 write historical/semi-historical OOB
   while you write this you'll see that you already can manipulate  arrival or reinforcements
   by days, hours, minutes.
3 once you write the scenario (as JMM pointed out) get into the map.
   there is a way to manipulate the code so as to allow placement of units anywhere on the map
   (as well as river....test this one : the AI may not respond as you would like)
4 Find a playing buddy and have a go with determined set of orders for both sides or just casual.
   (BEST     :lol:)

Last point is : the AI cannot play 'historically'  it is simply a very sophisticated program that
calculates probabilities of success ...I'm stretching this a bit

Hope this helps...and forgive me if I left anything out

CHEERS
`` Non ridere, non lugere, neque detestari, sed inteligere``
Spinoza

• Sergent
« Réponse #4 le: 03 février 2011, 20:43:12 pm »
Dear zu Pferd,

Thank you very much for the information, much appreciated.

Could you tell me in which file I can alter the code for placement of the units, is this related to the OOB (I haven`t made my own yet)?

Cheers,
Pat