Auteur Sujet: New Install  (Lu 2280 fois)

Hors ligne helm123

• Caporal
New Install
« le: 13 août 2012, 04:46:22 am »
Just installed the game for the first time and something is very wrong. 

After I installed the game I went ahead and started a solo game with Wagram as the scenario.  I can see down in the bottom right the version is 2.3c0.  After the initial screen comes up of the battle field it looks like this.

So I thought maybe this is corrected in an update.  So in a duplicate game install I applied the 3c RC3.  The version then showed up as 2.3c3 and the screen was the same.

Created another duplicate game install and applied the 3.b full patch.  Really a downgrade of the game since the version said 2.3b0.  But the screen looked fine without the problems.

Thanks

Intel i7  970
12GB
GeForce GTX 470  (285.62)
Win7 64bit

« Modifié: 13 août 2012, 04:50:45 am par helm123 »

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
    • http://www.histwar.com
Re : New Install
« Réponse #1 le: 17 août 2012, 16:39:35 pm »
There are some new technics appplied on the version 03c...
It seems this kind of problem is only on your system. Could you verify your Device Driver for your NVidia board...
Just a question : do you get this problem with the old GUI too ? And for other battles ?

JMM

Hors ligne helm123

• Caporal
Re : New Install
« Réponse #2 le: 19 août 2012, 06:19:14 am »
JMM,

Thanks for replying to this.  I totally agree that it’s something with this PC.  Not sure what it could be but I’m almost thinking a reinstall of Windows is in order.  Only part that has Me baffled is that all the other games on here run fine graphics wise…Scourge of War Gettysburg, Total War, Elder Scrolls and Neverwinter Nights.   I installed Histwar on My laptop and all is as expected except slow, which is just a laptop limitation.

What I find rather odd is that the first two tutorial scenarios the game is fine in either GUI except for the villages have black pavement after the 03c RC3 patch.  The third tutorial and all the other scenarios the graphics go crazy and when your able to move the camera where the troops should be there not a single man.  This happens under the Classic and Histwar GUI except sometimes when the battle starts using the classic GUI your able to see things clear until you move the mouse.   Some of the scenarios present you with an error screen after selecting join the battle field.

I’ll try to do a fraps capture of the game starting to better explain this.

My PC’s specs
Win 7 64bit
Intel i7 970
12Gb
Nvidia Geforce GTX 470 1Gb (driver version 301.42)
« Modifié: 30 août 2012, 23:23:47 pm par helm123 »