Auteur Sujet: Close combat / Breaking through  (Lu 4704 fois)

Hors ligne james l henry

• Caporal
Close combat / Breaking through
« le: 06 octobre 2003, 07:24:56 am »
I played LGAA many times (and enjoyed it).

A question: Maybe something to do with the "plan" (more like a lack of one) that I developed, but I never saw masses of troops closing with one another in melee in an attempt to break through. Quite often the formations would remain at a distance (even though i was ordering them - via the CinC- to move forward. Did anyone have a different experience and will it be dfferent in version 2.0 and the Grognard and Histwar games?

I have to say JMM, that i appreciated the fact that few units routed for too long (unlike in some other games on the market). I noted that units would retire due to lack of ammunition. Will they be able to resupply and re-enter the battle now?

Finally off topic -- When I "se connecter" i shoose connect each time i come to the site but each time i come to the site, i still have to "se connecter". Any tips?

Thanks
The answer to 1984 is 1776

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
    • http://www.histwar.com
Re: Close combat / Breaking through
« Réponse #1 le: 06 octobre 2003, 09:38:10 am »
Citation de: "james l henry"
I played LGAA many times (and enjoyed it).

I am glad to read that :D

A question: Maybe something to do with the "plan" (more like a lack of one) that I developed, but I never saw masses of troops closing with one another in melee in an attempt to break through. Quite often the formations would remain at a distance (even though i was ordering them - via the CinC- to move forward. Did anyone have a different experience and will it be dfferent in version 2.0 and the Grognard and Histwar games?

There are 2 or 3 defaults on the version 1.x.. and in the melee the regiments behaviour is the most annoying. So, the new engine uses many rules very different.. If you agree, we talk about that when V2.00 is released.

I have to say JMM, that i appreciated the fact that few units routed for too long (unlike in some other games on the market).

routed for too long: In the new engine, the effect morale is very important.. For example, a Regiment of Line is able to fight when the losses are lower than 18%. At this level, the AI switches the unit to weak.. and the unit -after a rout- is rallying itself but  doesn't move after. Maybe, it's possible the gamers (or the Strategical AI) can switch the status weak off  (Is it clear 8O sometimes I think you can't understand my sentences :P )

I noted that units would retire due to lack of ammunition. Will they be able to resupply and re-enter the battle now?

This part isn't very historical behaviour because the ammunitions were carry from the rear. If the lack of ammunition is annoying, you can switch the 'limited ammuniiton' off.

Finally off topic -- When I "se connecter" i shoose connect each time i come to the site but each time i come to the site, i still have to "se connecter". Any tips?

You can choose the english langage for the Forum...
Go to your profil.. So, all texts are translated and you'll see the message to save your PW...

JMM

Hors ligne james l henry

• Caporal
« Réponse #2 le: 07 octobre 2003, 09:39:08 am »
Thanks JMM

re: not understanding all your sentences

I was once told that I spoke French "comme une vache Espagnole" which (as I didnt understand) was translated as "a Spanish Fascist" by a well-intentioned Dutchman. :)

So if I wrote my querstions in French neither you nor I would understand them :)

Anyway about logging on:

My profile was already set to English language and still every time I open up the Forums I have to log on. I always choose the remember my password etc for each visit (in French), yet it never does. (added a few minutes later) - The relogging on thing happens when I have logged offf the internet and then come back the next day. When I came back to the page just now I was still logged on.
The answer to 1984 is 1776

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
    • http://www.histwar.com
« Réponse #3 le: 07 octobre 2003, 10:05:39 am »
Citation de: "james l henry"
Thanks JMM

re: not understanding all your sentences.

:lol:  :oops:  I am sure Duc of Earl can help us. He knows Les Grognards well.. So, let point on these sentences.

I don't know the equivalent sentence, but I know I write english like an write cow on 1808...

The relogging on thing happens when I have logged offf the internet and then come back the next day. When I came back to the page just now I was still logged on

Only on this Forum? Maybe your IE parameters...