Auteur Sujet: PB carte ATI...  (Lu 20558 fois)

Hors ligne kiva

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Brigade
  • Sans peur et sans reproche
Re : PB carte ATI...
« Réponse #45 le: 11 septembre 2010, 09:08:22 am »
Hier-soir durant notre entrainement, j'ai constaté que le "bug ATI" disparaissait quelques fois (pas dans tout les cas) en cliquant plusieurs fois sur le bouton droit de ma souris ; quelques fois il disparaissait alors et d'autres fois il persistait quand même...

PolishPlain, PolishValley, PolishWood, PolishRiver  :arrow: "bug ATI" constaté chez moi.

Hors ligne Franciscus

• Colonel
« Réponse #46 le: 14 novembre 2010, 02:06:40 am »
I think I found an important clue about the reason of this ATI bug  :smile::

In my system it seems to be related to the presence on the 3d map of the big (French only ? - not sure) flags over occupied villages or towns.
Tonight I had this bug in a Friedland test battle:  one of my inf units, although her corps had deploy orders to a line far ahead, had decided to station in the village to the south of the center of the Friedland map, and indeed, there was a giant French flag over that village. Further testing showed that indeed it is those flags that aparently cause the bugs - I manually ordered this regiment out of the village - no flag, no graphic bug in any part of the map. I then ordered it to renter the village - flag over the village, again the graphic bug, and so on.

So:

THE ATI 3D MAP GRAPHIC BUG IS PROBABLY CAUSED BY THE TEXTURES OF THE BIG FLAGS OVER OCCUPIED TOWNS/VILLAGES !

if we can somehow get rid of those flags, make them smaller, or change their texture size, I think that's a bug that's going to be squished !!

Best regards

(reported on redmine)

(EDIT: Just tested this idea on Haslach, and bingo: French flag over Haslach = graphic bug. No French flag over Haslach = NO BUG !  I think - not 100% sure yet - that it is indeed the FRENCH flags, and not other nations, that cause this problem)
« Modifié: 14 novembre 2010, 02:21:32 am par Franciscus »

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
    • http://www.histwar.com
« Réponse #47 le: 14 novembre 2010, 09:45:09 am »
I think you are right... I'll try to fix that ASAP but it makes sense.

JMM

Hors ligne Franciscus

• Colonel
« Réponse #48 le: 14 novembre 2010, 13:17:31 pm »
@JMM:

Are the flag file hard-coded or could you point me to it ? Maybe I could test by swapping it for another smaller flag or deleting it to check if the graphic bugs in my system go away ??

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
« Réponse #49 le: 14 novembre 2010, 13:27:12 pm »
Good idea...  :idea:
Maybe just rename the folder Graphics/T_Flags to another name (Graphics/X_Flags)
Possible the HW:LG doesn't display the flags

JMM

Hors ligne Franciscus

• Colonel
Re : Re : PB carte ATI...
« Réponse #50 le: 14 novembre 2010, 17:15:08 pm »
Good idea...  :idea:
Maybe just rename the folder Graphics/T_Flags to another name (Graphics/X_Flags)
Possible the HW:LG doesn't display the flags

JMM

Non... Changing the name of the folder T_Flags to X_Flags, stops HWLG from loading altogether...

Is there a specific .dds file that I could change/delete to try ?

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
« Réponse #51 le: 14 novembre 2010, 17:25:17 pm »
ok..
Flag 00.dds, 01.dds are the French flags... could you rename 100.dds,101.dds

JMM

Hors ligne Franciscus

• Colonel
« Réponse #52 le: 14 novembre 2010, 18:15:55 pm »
No, the french flags are replaced by the flags with the main game menu texture background (?), and the same behavior persists - ie, big flag over town = graphic bug.

I think that the problem is not the flag file per se but the size of the flag that floats over the towns/villages (that is much bigger than the regimental flags - and that is not coded in the .dds files, right ?

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
« Réponse #53 le: 14 novembre 2010, 18:25:40 pm »
No.. I don't think it's the size...
Is the problem with the Austrian flag too (or other country)
If I remember, the problem was the French flag because there is a special process in order to write a message like "Napoleon ..."
Possible the problem is the same for the flag on the village...
That said, I think you are right : the problem is around the Flag on the town/village...

JMM

Hors ligne Franciscus

• Colonel
« Réponse #54 le: 14 novembre 2010, 18:42:39 pm »
No.. I don't think it's the size...
Is the problem with the Austrian flag too (or other country)
If I remember, the problem was the French flag because there is a special process in order to write a message like "Napoleon ..."
Possible the problem is the same for the flag on the village...
That said, I think you are right : the problem is around the Flag on the town/village...

JMM

You are right. I replaced 00.dds and 01.dds by 10.dds and 11.dds (russian flags) but the problem persisted. And indeed, although the flags were russian, they had writen the French text - "Napoleon, Empereur, etc".

So, the problem is indeed that text - anyway to change/delete that ?

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
« Réponse #55 le: 14 novembre 2010, 18:50:05 pm »
It's not possible to disable this process :oops:
To be sure, the best is to define an army without any French unit.
I'll build a new patch for this issue during the next week if the problem is around the flag itself because I have an idea where is the bug; otherwise, I'll be back ASAP on this graphical problem.

JMM

Hors ligne Franciscus

• Colonel
« Réponse #56 le: 14 novembre 2010, 18:51:24 pm »
Thanks a lot, JMM. You are great.  :smile:

Your level of care, attention and dedication is unsurpassed in the gaming industry.

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
« Réponse #57 le: 14 novembre 2010, 19:30:04 pm »
Your level of care, attention and dedication is unsurpassed in the gaming industry.

I second that, JMM's perseverence with the Artillery problem was extroadinary :idea:

Hors ligne Franciscus

• Colonel
« Réponse #58 le: 14 novembre 2010, 23:04:38 pm »
It's not possible to disable this process :oops:
To be sure, the best is to define an army without any French unit.
(...)

We nailed it, JMM !

I did a test oob just with only Bavarian units in Haslach. Deployed them in defense around Haslach. A big Bavarian flag floating over the town...and no graphic bug !!

So, definitely, the ATI graphics bug is caused by the text on the huge French flags floating over occupied towns !

Maybe you have other solution in mind, but if I may, I would sugest an option of "normal" flags vs "low-texture" (without texts), on the setup screen. I would very much prefer to play with French flags without texts than with this nasty graphic bug.

Best regards and thanks for your attention.

Hors ligne Franciscus

• Colonel
« Réponse #59 le: 21 novembre 2010, 10:16:02 am »
2f RC1 solved this bug !
Thanks, JMM