Auteur Sujet: Battlefield Smoke  (Lu 3743 fois)

Hors ligne james l henry

• Caporal
Battlefield Smoke
« le: 04 octobre 2003, 18:52:02 pm »
Will the sometimes severe lack of vision on the battlefield caused by musket and cannon fire be shown in the games? (Ie restricted vision for the commanders - or perhaps is this an option?)
The answer to 1984 is 1776

Hors ligne Duc_dEarl

• Grand Maître
  • Colonel
  • Artillerie..... l'Argument Final des Rois!
Battlefield smokes...
« Réponse #1 le: 04 octobre 2003, 19:01:26 pm »
Bonjour JLH,

Yes, there will be some battlefield smokes from the muskets and canons... and very good looking smokes too.. but, I do not think that the muskets and canons will create the big cloud of 'smoke-fog' on the battlefield as you expect..

Do not despair.. there will be real 'weather-fog' that makes the visibility bad.. but not so much the 'smoke-fog'...  of course, I do not make the game engine... so, I defer to JMM as the final authority on 'smoke-fog'.. hahahahahahahahahahaha

Cordialement, Duc d'Earl
Artillerie..... l'Argument Final des Rois!

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
    • http://www.histwar.com
Battlefield Smoke
« Réponse #2 le: 04 octobre 2003, 20:09:04 pm »
Bonjour Messieurs,

Good Question. severe lack of vision, lack of vision, or nothing.
I never have seen the smoke of cannon... but I have seen a lot of Charleville 1777 shoot many times.. It's right.. the smoke can
modify the infantrymen sight.. but I am no sure it's true for the CinC (Commander in Chief) Maybe, it's possible the distance of sight is reduced  sometimes.. but severe :?:

In HistWar, the Disatnce of Sight is modified by:
    a) the hour and the date...
    b) meteorology
    d) the objects (town, village, forest..)
    d) all units (friend and other side)

For the next version (LGAA 2.00 and HW 1.00),  there isn't option about this feature.. but why not for the future.

JMM