Auteur Sujet: MadRussian Terrain Mod  (Lu 16083 fois)

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
Re : MadRussian Terrain Mod
« Réponse #15 le: 02 décembre 2010, 15:05:44 pm »
The below post translated with on-line translater :
I much appreciate your game and is constantly changing. The problem is to update that is why I question the "mod" that are being proposed. Can be downloaded without disrupting the implementation version and have an "official" for whom the creator of the game gives its blessing character.
Kind regards

I agree 100%.

If this is of a good enough standard to be used, please include it as "official" in a future patch, with full permissions from the modder to do so - of course.

I'm interested in this mod if it produces a better 3d view, but I'm also very happy with the standard HW version. 

Hors ligne Franciscus

• Colonel
« Réponse #16 le: 03 décembre 2010, 00:03:01 am »
It's really extremely easy using JSGME (http://www.histwar.org/forum/index.php/topic,5244.0.html). You can install this and other mods, and activate/deactivate any of them with just a click. What I do is de-activate them temporarily prior to applying any official patch,(all the original files are restored) and then deploy them again.

Really, it's easy.

( To me it seems a lot more easy than all the talks of you MP guys about opening ports/disabling firewalls/etc  :mrgreen:)

Regards

Hors ligne Grog

• Lieutenant
« Réponse #17 le: 04 décembre 2010, 07:38:14 am »
Franciscus

Thanks for the excellent instructions in the link you posted.

I agree, its not too difficult to install BUT when I installed it (JSGME), the MODS folder did NOT show immediately when unzipped. This was the case for both my Vista and W7.

I had to run the jsgme.exe, then press OK on the next screen to 'release' the MODS and JSGME.ini file. These files go in the HistWar directory as you said, along with the other two files (JSGME app and JoneSoft)

Thankfully, MadRussian has made it easy and both his mods (terrain v2 and3Dunitsv2) can be unzipped directly into the MODS folder as they are.

I'm not too comp literate, so if I have done something wrong here or misled, then please correct me.

Hors ligne Franciscus

• Colonel
Re : Re : MadRussian Terrain Mod
« Réponse #18 le: 04 décembre 2010, 10:49:35 am »
Franciscus

Thanks for the excellent instructions in the link you posted.

I agree, its not too difficult to install BUT when I installed it (JSGME), the MODS folder did NOT show immediately when unzipped. This was the case for both my Vista and W7.

I had to run the jsgme.exe, then press OK on the next screen to 'release' the MODS and JSGME.ini file. These files go in the HistWar directory as you said, along with the other two files (JSGME app and JoneSoft)

Thankfully, MadRussian has made it easy and both his mods (terrain v2 and3Dunitsv2) can be unzipped directly into the MODS folder as they are.

I'm not too comp literate, so if I have done something wrong here or misled, then please correct me.

No, you have done it OK, I probably omitted some steps - you have to run the file jsgme_setup.exe, choose where to install it, and then the first time you run it, it asks you if you want to create the MODS folder (pic - you should say OK), and that's it.

I will update my instructions accordingly

Regards

(PS: Our french friend Kiva has made a much more extensive tutorial, but in French: http://www.histwar.org/forum/index.php/topic,5387.0.html.
It's picture-heavy, so it may also help  ;))
« Modifié: 04 décembre 2010, 11:05:24 am par Franciscus »

Hors ligne Grog

• Lieutenant
« Réponse #19 le: 04 décembre 2010, 18:08:53 pm »
Thanks Franciscus

Its good to know I've done it right :D.

I have to admit, not seeing the MODS folder first off was a bit of a stumbling block.

When I get time I will do another walk-through but with this stage in it, just in case anyone else got stuck there.

Perhaps, also a comparison video showing the terrain and uniform Mods against the original in 3D.

I'm not saying which is best, I'm not even decided myself at this stage but I'm sure many would like to check it out and decide for themselves.

My early thoughts are that I would like it somewhere in-between the Mods and original (for both uniforms and terrain)

Grog

Hors ligne JCM101

• Capitaine
« Réponse #20 le: 05 décembre 2010, 10:48:49 am »
Great texture upgrade (as usual!)
Thanks to madrussian.   ;)

Hors ligne Grog

• Lieutenant
« Réponse #21 le: 05 décembre 2010, 23:51:58 pm »
Walkthrough on NBC forum for installing MadRussian's Mods using JSGME;

http://napbc.freeforums.org/post16092.html#p16092

Hope it helps.

Thanks

Grog

Hors ligne gazfun

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateur
  • Colonel
  • Avartar
    • The Generals HQ
Re : Re : MadRussian Terrain Mod
« Réponse #22 le: 06 décembre 2010, 00:58:39 am »
The below post translated with on-line translater :
I agree 100%.

If this is of a good enough standard to be used, please include it as "official" in a future patch, with full permissions from the modder to do so - of course.

I'm interested in this mod if it produces a better 3d view, but I'm also very happy with the standard HW version. 
Im inclined to agree with Gunner on this, although I like putting in software that is officially got the ok.
I am using MadRussian uniform Mod, but  ultimately you have to take resposibilty if you have done something to your game to ,  so that you may have to reinstall it.
The mod installer is good, but the bottom line is, is that you have to take full reponsibility, should something go wrong.
Thats why Im always in favour of official patches when they come out, with the improvements. Maybe there might be something better coming around the corner soon, anyway thats always on my mind.
At the same token MadRussian has done and excelleant job of this.

Write your own History!

Online most times @Skype "The Generals HQ or gazfun. Friday 1900hrs +10 GMT join us if you can!
http://www.thegeneralshq.org
http://www.histwar.org/forum/index.php/board,118.0.html
Histwar Les Grognards beta tester

Hors ligne bibouba

• Officier d'HistWar : Grognard de la Vieille Garde
  • Général de Brigade
  • Henri Gratien Comte BERTRAND
« Réponse #23 le: 06 décembre 2010, 13:11:34 pm »
I Like very much the trees and field but I ve proble with the ground. Think in my own opinion prefere the previous one with the flowers.

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
« Réponse #24 le: 06 décembre 2010, 13:15:52 pm »
Walkthrough on NBC forum for installing MadRussian's Mods using JSGME;

Great walkthrough Grog, and superb work by the "Demented Russian" Like Gunner and Gazfun, I would like to see this offered as an optional "Official" patch.

Hors ligne Petrus58

• Capitaine
« Réponse #25 le: 06 décembre 2010, 14:14:54 pm »
I agree that in theory this would be a good idea; MadRussian's mods do, imo, significantly improve the visual aspect of the game (though as Gunner24 rightly says,  the vanilla graphics are more than acceptable).  However, if the issue is presenting to the wider public the best visual presentation of the game (and getting new recruits), then this is surely possible as things stand. 'We' can post screen shots/videos using MR's mods, and if JMM and MR agree, they can also be posted here.

Off the top of my head, I cannot think of too many developers/publishers who have 3rd party  mods incorporated into their games as official patches/addons. I'm certainly not an expert on this, but I imagine that even if JMM and MR agreed to this, JMM would have to test the sofware going out in his (companies) name. I don't for one minute doubt that there would be no problems, but legally this may be a requirement? If this was the case then the time spent may not be worth the gains: just a thought.

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Réponse #26 le: 06 décembre 2010, 15:36:25 pm »
I'm sure there are "technical" problems most of us are not aware of with bringing a "mod" into a commercial game, but if not, then add it in - so long as it is considered good enough.

I'm happy enough to wait for whatever JMM brings in the future for now.  For me the way HW looks has never been a priorty, it looks fine to me, game play will always be a long way ahead of the pretty looking graphics contained in any game.