Auteur Sujet: Can't connect in MP- Error 1C  (Lu 4452 fois)

Hors ligne Iron Warrior

• Adjudant
Can't connect in MP- Error 1C
« le: 18 novembre 2010, 11:33:08 am »
Tried mp for the first time with Cavalier, but each of us kept getting the 1C error. Have opened ports and added FW exceptions... not sure what else to try. Cavalier says he is able to play with others so it must be something on my end.

Any advice or tips?

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
    • http://www.histwar.com
Re : Can't connect in MP- Error 1C
« Réponse #1 le: 18 novembre 2010, 11:58:40 am »
Tried mp for the first time with Cavalier, but each of us kept getting the 1C error. Have opened ports and added FW exceptions... not sure what else to try. Cavalier says he is able to play with others so it must be something on my end.

Any advice or tips?

Generally speaking, Connection Attempt Fail (1C) is the code when the Host doesn't answer to your request.
Why : probably because the port 21205 isn't opened...
Another cause : the IP address is wrong and your request to connection doesn't hit the host.
It is always a problem to really identify the cause.. but very often, it's a firewall of host which locks the request.

A third tool like Tunngle or Hamachi allows to bypass the problem of firewall.
Several Grognards use these tools here.

JMM

Hors ligne Iron Warrior

• Adjudant
« Réponse #2 le: 18 novembre 2010, 12:19:13 pm »
Strange, I did open the ports and added the exception. Maybe I didn't do this right?

We both tried hosting, and I gave both my external and internal IP to try. We also tried rebooting.

I might give Hamachi or Tunngle a try, thanks JMM.

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Réponse #3 le: 18 novembre 2010, 13:53:57 pm »
it's a firewall of host which locks the request.
I have found that after EVERY different patch I have to re-allow the HW program though my fire wall, in fact I have to delete it from the allowed programs, then allow it again as if for the first time, otherwise the joiner can not connect to me.  I assume this is because the program has changed, and the fire wall needs confirmation you do want to allow it.

Hors ligne Cavalier

• Capitaine
« Réponse #4 le: 19 novembre 2010, 08:02:14 am »
Yeah, this was frustrating but at least we got a PBEM game going. This is the first time I have had a problem starting a MP game in months. Will test to make sure I can still play with someone else at the first opportunity.

Hors ligne Iron Warrior

• Adjudant
Re : Re : Can't connect in MP- Error 1C
« Réponse #5 le: 19 novembre 2010, 08:40:29 am »
Yeah, this was frustrating but at least we got a PBEM game going. This is the first time I have had a problem starting a MP game in months. Will test to make sure I can still play with someone else at the first opportunity.

Thanks for the pbem, I've been starved for opponents to play. I hope I can get MP to work eventually, after all:

Ability is nothing without opportunity.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

:smile:

Hors ligne Iron Warrior

• Adjudant
« Réponse #6 le: 20 novembre 2010, 06:24:44 am »
Well good news, it wasn't on my end after all. Cavalier and I were able to connect today during a test so it looks like everything is fine after all.  :D