Auteur Sujet: Patch 02e RC1  (Lu 9040 fois)

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
    • http://www.histwar.com
Patch 02e RC1
« le: 05 novembre 2010, 00:07:52 am »
Hello,

Patch02e RC1
Patch to apply to HistWar Version 02d
http://www.histwar.org/mods/file.php?id=86

Adjustment of guns position
Multi-days Battle : bug "Ammunition" fixed
Orders to units in PBEM mode
Surrender order to finish a battle (Menu CinC)

Enjoy...
JMM

PS : Prudence : The tests of this new patch are not very numerous...
RC: Release Candidate (version with potential to be a final product...)

Hors ligne Franciscus

• Colonel
Re : Patch 02e RC1
« Réponse #1 le: 05 novembre 2010, 09:57:15 am »
Thank you  :smile:

Will test it in the next few days

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
« Réponse #2 le: 05 novembre 2010, 11:39:01 am »
Thanks JMM, it will get a thorough MP test this weekend when NBC fight TGHQ in an Interclan battle

Hors ligne oho

• Chef de Bataillon
« Réponse #3 le: 05 novembre 2010, 12:54:03 pm »
What kind of adjustments of gun positions?
Only in 3D or also in 2D-engine?

Hors ligne Franciscus

• Colonel
« Réponse #4 le: 05 novembre 2010, 20:17:34 pm »
Well, the deployment of arty can still give some surprises - see pic.
A variation of the stuck arty in deployment phase, probably (reported in redmine). Here is what I did:
Patch 02e RC1; New Montebello battle, as French. Give Mortier corps a defend in line order, right on the border of the deployment area. Next, ctrl-Rclick on Mortier and repeatedly dragged him to the middle of my side of the map and back to the border of the deployment area, several times. The arty units move by themselves away from my camp - right to the noses of the russians - and I can not move them back to my camp, of course.  

I swear I did not make this in Photoshop  :mrgreen:

(Edit: it also happens without any order to the corps. And the arty is really facing the enemy, it is no graphic glitch. if I start the battle, they proceed to unlimber, etc. Sav file sent to redmine)
« Modifié: 06 novembre 2010, 01:38:18 am par Franciscus »

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
    • http://www.histwar.com
Re : Re : Patch 02e RC1
« Réponse #5 le: 05 novembre 2010, 22:36:40 pm »
What kind of adjustments of gun positions?
Only in 3D or also in 2D-engine?

Internal engine (2D) and 3D engine also.
I worked on several files xxx.sav sent from 3 players.. and for these files, the adjustments were fine.
That said, it is always possible you find some bad behaviours.
In this case, I have to add a new layer in the program to check the artillery positions because now  I am no sure I can find the other problems of artillery

JMM

Hors ligne Cavalier

• Capitaine
« Réponse #6 le: 05 novembre 2010, 22:42:50 pm »
All good changes, thanks for the hard work JMM.

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Réponse #7 le: 05 novembre 2010, 23:47:03 pm »
Give Mortier corps a defend in line order, right on the border of the deployment area.
Ok, that is a very normal deployment to make, that should not be a problem.

Next, ctrl-Rclick on Mortier and repeatedly dragged him to the middle of my map and back to the border of the deployment area, several times.
I don't understand, I never knew you could move anything outside the deployment zones, and even if you can, why do it ?.

Did it work correctly with a deployment order, and not moving the CC outside the DZ ?.

Hors ligne Franciscus

• Colonel
« Réponse #8 le: 06 novembre 2010, 01:37:09 am »
I don't understand, I never knew you could move anything outside the deployment zones, and even if you can, why do it ?.

Did it work correctly with a deployment order, and not moving the CC outside the DZ ?.

Maybe I did not explain correctly:
- I do not want to move outside of my deployment zone, on the contrary. I want that my arty units do not go on their own OUTSIDE the DZ, and get stuck beyond my reach and my command.
- I did not move the CC outside the DZ, that's impossible. It happens dragging the "corps" (ctrl-Rclick the CC) to the DZ border and back again to the middle of my DZ (and back again) - the arty units go outside the DZ and then  progressively to the enemy side of the map.

Hors ligne Iron Warrior

• Adjudant
« Réponse #9 le: 06 novembre 2010, 03:11:27 am »
In all the SP battles I tried with the patch, the CinC will move at first, but then keeps moving around in a circle. Wondering if anyone else has this problem?

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Réponse #10 le: 06 novembre 2010, 17:11:47 pm »
It happens dragging the "corps" (ctrl-Rclick the CC) to the DZ border and back again to the middle of my DZ (and back again)

Thanks, I understand now.

An idea of how to get around this is to use the deploy order during the deployment phase, so the are ready to move, then as soon as the game starts give the defend on line order - that will help.

All I do suring deployment is put the Corps roughly where I need them, the games last 6,8,10 hours, there is plenty of time for orders after the game start, even with delayed orders. 

Hors ligne Franciscus

• Colonel
« Réponse #11 le: 08 novembre 2010, 21:05:35 pm »
I have complained a bit (or a lt... ;)) about the current oddities of arty deployment, etc. in the game, but I must also say that the whole "feel" of the game is definitely improving, as others have also said. And even the arty can give me some happy smiles.

My latest "test" Montebello battle, I ordered the arty corps (Mortier) to form a defensive line. Just watch the beautiful grand battery the the AI deployed  :D. Without any micromanagement at all !
Tears almost went to my eyes as my beautiful guns proceeded to shot to pieces the Russian center  :mrgreen:

Regards

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Réponse #12 le: 08 novembre 2010, 22:57:34 pm »
I've seen the same thing, much of the time arty deployment is great, really good, the defensive position Corps are taking up are excellent.......where it seems to go wrong is when it trys to deploy when under fire OR when trying to "attack unit".........I'd like to see the "attack unit" order the AI gives artillery batterys taken out of the game altogether, the arty should not be "attacking" anything, it should be moving into position, un-limbering and firing, not "attacking".

Hors ligne Franciscus

• Colonel
« Réponse #13 le: 08 novembre 2010, 23:45:20 pm »
I've seen the same thing, much of the time arty deployment is great, really good, the defensive position Corps are taking up are excellent.......where it seems to go wrong is when it trys to deploy when under fire OR when trying to "attack unit".........I'd like to see the "attack unit" order the AI gives artillery batterys taken out of the game altogether, the arty should not be "attacking" anything, it should be moving into position, un-limbering and firing, not "attacking".

I agree with you, the most annoying thing is seeing arty units "charging" the enemy (sometimes as reported right to their noses), and not only horse arty.

Regards