Auteur Sujet: More Sprits request...1:4?  (Lu 4088 fois)

Hors ligne dandyking

• Soldat
More Sprits request...1:4?
« le: 03 novembre 2010, 19:39:15 pm »
Please forgive me if this has been discussed but is there anyway to change the ratio of men represented by a sprite? I would love to have 1:4 or 1:5 ratios.
Thanks All.

Hors ligne Hook

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateurs
  • Général de Brigade
Re : More Sprits request...1:4?
« Réponse #1 le: 04 novembre 2010, 00:10:10 am »
It's been discussed a few times.  I wouldn't mind seeing 1:1 myself.  The problem with having more figures per man is that the sprites would have to be smaller in order to fit in the same area of ground.  The "footprint" that a unit occupies is properly to scale historically. 

There is also a problem with how many figures can be displayed and animated.  Even just doubling the number of figures would affect frame rates, and some computers wouldn't be able to handle it.  The game was designed to run on the lower end computers that wargamers have typically owned.

Hook

Hors ligne dandyking

• Soldat
Re : Re : More Sprits request...1:4?
« Réponse #2 le: 04 novembre 2010, 14:22:24 pm »
thanks for your response Hook.  I completely agree 1:1 would be amazing. do you know how difficult it would be to change the sprite ratio? Would a novice modder (with a computer that can handle  the additional sprites) be able to do it?

Hors ligne Hook

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateurs
  • Général de Brigade
Re : More Sprits request...1:4?
« Réponse #3 le: 05 novembre 2010, 00:37:08 am »
If they were sprites, it might be possible.  I did it for Sid Meier's Gettysburg.  But they're 3D models, and most of the changes you'd need to make are locked away in the EXE file.  Sorry.

Hook