http://www.histwar.org/mods/file.php?id=84

Please, open the file patch02d to see the modifications

Enjoy...
JMM

Hors ligne Marquês de Alorna

• Chef de Bataillon
Re : Patch 02d
« Réponse #1 le: 23 octobre 2010, 00:44:02 am »
Hey! The arrows and lines are now beautiful! It looks like a completely different game!!!

Hors ligne Cavalier

• Capitaine
« Réponse #2 le: 24 octobre 2010, 01:09:52 am »
I played a very quick game yesterday and Ai for artillery (and maybe cavalry) appears to be much improved. Looks like a very good patch.

Hors ligne Franciscus

• Colonel
Re : Re : Patch 02d
« Réponse #3 le: 24 octobre 2010, 01:33:16 am »
I played a very quick game yesterday and Ai for artillery (and maybe cavalry) appears to be much improved. Looks like a very good patch.

Some improvements, yes, but strange arty positioning and behavior sadly persist. Attached a pic of a battle in "Montebello vs Russian AI: what is that russian arty doing there, limbered and unsupported ???

(PS: reported in Redmine)

Hors ligne ges

• Adjudant
« Réponse #4 le: 24 octobre 2010, 02:40:27 am »
Just gets better and better.  Thanks JM.

Hors ligne Franciscus

• Colonel
Re : Re : Re : Patch 02d
« Réponse #5 le: 28 octobre 2010, 00:16:59 am »
Some improvements, yes, but strange arty positioning and behavior sadly persist.
(...)

I must say that I continue to see annoying and bizarre arty behavior with 2d. In another "Montebello" battle, a Russian arty came calmly into my lines and deployed on top of one of my arty units. They then proceed to happily shoot their cannons, with their backs turned to my French gunners - who also did not seem to care.  I understand that probably this is just a glitch of the 3d engine, but really, this absurd things kill the game for me.

See pic.

Reported on redmine

Regards
« Modifié: 28 octobre 2010, 00:20:08 am par Franciscus »

Hors ligne Franciscus

• Colonel
Re : Re : Re : Re : Patch 02d
« Réponse #6 le: 28 octobre 2010, 13:30:42 pm »
I must say that I continue to see annoying and bizarre arty behavior with 2d. In another "Montebello" battle, a Russian arty came calmly into my lines and deployed on top of one of my arty units. They then proceed to happily shoot their cannons, with their backs turned to my French gunners - who also did not seem to care.  I understand that probably this is just a glitch of the 3d engine, but really, this absurd things kill the game for me.

See pic.

Reported on redmine

Regards

Played a bit further, and although I had several inf units on LOS of the russian arty and nearby cav units, they did not attack the russian arty. I finally ordered a light inf unit to attack, which it did. The russian arty did not withdraw, and was destroyed - this, of course, on the backs of the imperturbable French gunners  :mrgreen:.
The  initial sav file was sent through redmine. If needed the continuing sav would be sent.

So, being sistematic what happened is not a 3d "glitch" (in the 2d map it was the same)
 is basically a total lack of reactive action of the IA (Freench and Allied) regarding this russian arty unit:
1. This russian arty unit advanced unsupported right to my lines.
2. Not one of my units - arty, inf, cav - reacted, and no one attacked them.
3. The russian arty deployed right on top of one of my arty units that did not react, and also was not attacked.
4. The russian arty proceeded to bombard one of my inf units entrenched in a town, Not one of my units - nearby inf and cav - reacted on it's own.
5. I micromanaged and attacked the russian arty - that did not withdraw and did not called for support.

This, IMHO, is a sign of a major IA bug.

Regards
« Modifié: 28 octobre 2010, 13:49:11 pm par Franciscus »

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Réponse #7 le: 28 octobre 2010, 15:05:33 pm »
a Russian arty came calmly into my lines and deployed on top of one of my arty units
I have seen the exact same thing happen, I reported it to JMM, with all the files several days ago.......it is annoying to be sure, but a little bug that will no doubt be fixed soon.