Auteur Sujet: What changed with the last 2d-Version?  (Lu 8799 fois)

Hors ligne Marquês de Alorna

• Chef de Bataillon
Re : Re : What changed with the last 2d-Version?
« Réponse #15 le: 17 septembre 2010, 20:29:28 pm »
100% agree, maybe they should stop at something like 3/4 maximum range, rather than point blank range !!!!!.

Still, I don't know if this is enough. If a corps is ordered to get away from the enemy (considering that it is still unengaged), why should the Artillery advance to "Attack unit". The expected behavior - in my opinion - is that the Artillery should follow the corps, maybe stopping periodically to fire some shots. In summary, it should never get ridiculously far from the corps "center of mass".

Maybe in the future this could be tweaked in the Doctrine Editor parameters, e.g.:

- Maximum distance that the foot artillery is allowed to move away from the corps' center of mass.
- Minimum distance that the foot artillery is allowed to approach enemy infantry with inf/cav support.
- Minimum distance that the foot artillery is allowed to approach enemy infantry without inf/cav support.
- Minimum distance that the foot artillery is allowed to approach enemy cavalry with inf/cav support.
- Minimum distance that the foot artillery is allowed to approach enemy cavalry without inf/cav support.
- Minimum distance that the foot artillery is allowed to approach enemy artillery with inf/cav support.
- Minimum distance that the foot artillery is allowed to approach enemy artillery without inf/cav support.

- Maximum distance that the horse artillery is allowed to move away from the corps' center of mass.
- Minimum distance that the horse artillery is allowed to approach enemy infantry with inf/cav support.
- Minimum distance that the horse artillery is allowed to approach enemy infantry without inf/cav support.
- Minimum distance that the horse artillery is allowed to approach enemy cavalry with inf/cav support.
- Minimum distance that the horse artillery is allowed to approach enemy cavalry without inf/cav support.
- Minimum distance that the horse artillery is allowed to approach enemy artillery with inf/cav support.
- Minimum distance that the horse artillery is allowed to approach enemy artillery without inf/cav support.

The artillery regiments should then move to positions where the doctrine is respected whenever possible.

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
Re : What changed with the last 2d-Version?
« Réponse #16 le: 17 septembre 2010, 21:31:37 pm »
Great idea, I have always thought more use could be made of the doctrine editor, and that is a good example of how.

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
Re : What changed with the last 2d-Version?
« Réponse #17 le: 18 septembre 2010, 00:15:48 am »
Here we are, a claasic example from a real MP game, the French battery "attacks" into four deployed Russian batteries of 48 guns !........I hope it's not too long before this kind of behaviour can be fixed.

Needless to say they were destroyed before they could open fire !.

Hors ligne Marquês de Alorna

• Chef de Bataillon
Re : Re : Re : What changed with the last 2d-Version?
« Réponse #18 le: 18 septembre 2010, 02:01:02 am »
- Maximum distance that the foot artillery is allowed to move away from the corps' center of mass.
In fact this is not easy... The definition of "center of mass" must be carefully studied. It cannot be the true center of mass, otherwise it could prevent placing the artillery on the wings of a corps. This must be rather the center of mass calculated on the line that follows the direction (average) of the enemy relative to the corps... mmm... I'm starting to understand JMM's difficulties.
Anyway, the other parameters I proposed should be easier to implement.