Auteur Sujet: what's your impression of patch 2d?  (Lu 4937 fois)

Hors ligne oho

• Chef de Bataillon
what's your impression of patch 2d?
« le: 02 septembre 2010, 15:59:31 pm »
didn't play too much now - aside from some minor grafical issues, how's 2d with regards to AI esp. artilery behaviour?

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
Re : what's your impression of patch 2d?
« Réponse #1 le: 02 septembre 2010, 16:10:06 pm »
how's 2d with regards to AI esp. artilery behaviour?

I don't think that has been changed yet.

This does seem to be the most "annoying" thing for many people, but if you take care, and use 15/60 or 20/60 speed it is sometimes possible to take direct action to help stop the worst behaviour of Horse artillery going off too far ahead - unlimber cannons !. 

It is (of course) the same problem for everyone in MP games so I don't see it as a major snag right now, just something to be sorted out in due course. 

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Réponse #2 le: 02 septembre 2010, 16:19:33 pm »
I forgot to say......the game now appears to be in the best state so far, for me anyway, looking better and better all the time.

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
    • http://www.histwar.com
« Réponse #3 le: 02 septembre 2010, 16:30:05 pm »
didn't play too much now - aside from some minor grafical issues, how's 2d with regards to AI esp. artilery behaviour?

It's on a to p of my list
a) cannons continuing to fire whereas the unit is out (very annoying bug, but no sure it happens a lot)
b) generally speaking, I have to improve the AI for ART (sometimes, bad deployment, ...)

That said, there is 2 major adjustments in 02d
a) increasing the distance for analyzing the threat on an ART unit,
b) the area in front of ART unit is inaccessible for the Friendly unit (a big bug in the code.. I wrote = instead of ==, so the zone was accessible)

JMM

Hors ligne Petrus58

• Capitaine
« Réponse #4 le: 02 septembre 2010, 16:46:46 pm »
This may hae existed before 2d, but I only noticed this for the first time with 2d:  an entire file in an infantry battalion facing backwards, as well as the odd officer. Affected most, if not all of the battalions I looked at. Not a big deal, but thought I would mention it.

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
« Réponse #5 le: 02 septembre 2010, 16:50:41 pm »
THX... possible it's new issue because I worked on the position/orientation of 3D models.
However, I think the 3D view is better than the previous ones... but possible some bad orientation.
No sure it's easy to reproduce with the file .sav.. so I have to find this problem during my tests.

JMM

Hors ligne oho

• Chef de Bataillon
Re : what's your impression of patch 2d?
« Réponse #6 le: 02 septembre 2010, 17:46:06 pm »
thanks. The artillery attacked and overrun by Infantry was one of my major problems. I didn't see facing probs until now.
Yesterday shortly played MP on XFire for the first time and was very easy to join.  Only the camera turned over (facing down) sometimes on a high speed move in 3 D.
When will you fix the positioning issues of Arti - is more in days, weeks or months? I think when this is fixed, we have a very very good game.

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
« Réponse #7 le: 02 septembre 2010, 17:49:24 pm »
week(s)... probably a first adjustment for the final version 02d

JMM

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
« Réponse #8 le: 02 septembre 2010, 18:07:01 pm »
Report:  Full MP fought with new patch against Bibouba, ALL IS PERFECT.
Battle screens show Tac and Strat, no error 1a, C in C moved throughout battle. The best I have seen HLG run.
Congratulations JMM   

Hors ligne Hook

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateurs
  • Général de Brigade
« Réponse #9 le: 03 septembre 2010, 02:59:03 am »
a) cannons continuing to fire whereas the unit is out (very annoying bug, but no sure it happens a lot)

As far as I know, I've only seen this for artillery that was in defensive line.  When not in defensive line, artillery that is out of ammunition will stop firing... until someone gets within canister range and they still have canister ammo. :)

Hook

Hors ligne Franciscus

• Colonel
Re : Re : what's your impression of patch 2d?
« Réponse #10 le: 03 septembre 2010, 12:36:11 pm »
As far as I know, I've only seen this for artillery that was in defensive line.  When not in defensive line, artillery that is out of ammunition will stop firing... until someone gets within canister range and they still have canister ammo. :)

Hook

I think that JMM is referring units that are "out of map" - but firing - and not out of ammo... ;)