Auteur Sujet: Pessimum genus inimicorum laudantes  (Lu 2824 fois)

Hors ligne Simon

• Adjudant
Pessimum genus inimicorum laudantes
« le: 18 août 2010, 22:27:34 pm »
It would take a long time to individually pick apart the faulty logic of many of the responses to my earlier posts. Frankly, I've got better things to do. Just one example though. Someone made the point that commanders would have limited information on why certain unit was not doing something to which it had been commanded. The obvious logical flaw in this is that it presumes that the game mechanics are perfect. My original point was that feedback was necessary within the game in order to ascertain whether a particular action was due to historically correct actions on the part of the AI, or a bug to some extent. As I say, many of the comments are demonstrably poorly considered.

I have posted many individual queries, with examples from live games but a preponderance of these have remained unresolved, unexplained and even lacking a response.

I've tried playing the game at Corps level. Units deployed reasonably enough to give some hope. Unfortunately, as soon as enemy units were encountered the game simply fell apart by any measure of what should have occurred. Sorry, but it's true. It's been a consistent experience throughout I'm afraid.

So, for now I am done posting and trying to play. I will await the next few patches.

On the surface, the game is impressive and indicative of considerable effort and skill on the part of JMM. It will be excellent when it is finished.

Hors ligne Count von Csollich

• Officier HistWar
  • Colonel
si tacuisses philosophus mansisses!
« Réponse #1 le: 19 août 2010, 00:08:26 am »
"Quousque tandem abutere, Simon, patientia nostra?" (oh...and believe me: "consul videt!!!")

1) many people have tried to answer to your posts - obviously not to your satisfaction...that can have several reasons

2) there are many people out there who apparently enjoy the game in its current state, all knowing that it is a work in progress - but frankly...and I am not the only one thinking that by now it's a game that can entertain a historically interested person for many hours! - MP games are being played as we speak....and Clans and clubs have started to organize tournaments - which is always a good sign! - noone ever said that the game was either perfect or without its flaws - the enthusiasm was great after the latest patch as the improvements have been numerous!

3) I personally think that the best way of improving ones understanding of the game is by playing it - so I think you're approach is perfect!
- if there are any further questions, which simply cannot be answered with either close study of the manual or with analyzing a certain situation....there is always the way of MP battle with voice communication - many people use that by now to either coordinate people or to train new players, who are not yet entirely familiar with the complexity of Histwar: Les Grognards!

I think here this famous quotation- by which I try to live every day - is most appropriate and fits very well - an idea which has proven very effective in Rome and in a way also helped me achieve a MA in military history with a PhD in progress from Autumn onwards:

"PARCERE SUBIECTIS et DEBELLARE SUPERBOS", Vergil (I am sure you know: one of the fundamental basis of Roman thinking!)

CvC
« Modifié: 19 août 2010, 00:20:16 am par Count von Csollich »
"parcere subiectis et debellare superbos", Vergil

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
Re : Pessimum genus inimicorum laudantes
« Réponse #2 le: 19 août 2010, 00:24:03 am »
MP games are being played as we speak....
We just finished a 2.5 hour real time, 8 hour battle time game, in a 2v1 format with one player Commanding France and two taking about 50% each Russia.....all I can say is this is the best pc game I have seen in over 30 years.  It still has some little faults, but even as it now stands it can (and will do) give many hours of entertainment.

On the surface, the game is impressive and indicative of considerable effort and skill on the part of JMM
Sounds like your starting to see the potential of LG, it is hard to see that after only a few games.