Auteur Sujet: APR -After Patch Report  (Lu 6151 fois)

Hors ligne JCM101

• Capitaine
APR -After Patch Report
« le: 03 août 2010, 19:29:41 pm »
2c or not 2c that is the question....

Had opportunity to install the latest patch & get stuck into the 'first fighting' tutorial, I like this one as it's quick & gives me chance to review the changes without the plethora of activity in the grand batailles LG is capable of.

Have to say this is (becoming) the game I believed was JMMs vision & which I've been waiting for. 
The way the orders are being handled feels much more responsive & appropriate.
Feedback from the new unit icons makes things easier to manage & grasp.
Everything is feeling generally slicker & polished.

The efforts of my heavily out-numbered foe were determined & 'inspired', especially considering this is AI in a tutorial.
A quick replay of the scenario showed a new response by the AI promising a lot of re-playability in the solo campaigns.
So far any bugs I had previously personally experienced are gone.  I only have to ask why checking 'bump mapping' gives me a switch between full screen & windowed mode...?   Curious but not a problem.

There is now no question in my mind as to the need of any Napoleonic buff to own this game.   8)

Bravo JMM!

Special thanks must go to MadRussian for the excellent uniforms makeover!

Hmmm...I think it's time to get the Peninsula campaign going!

Another day at the office.   :lol:

Hors ligne Hook

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateurs
  • Général de Brigade
Re : APR -After Patch Report
« Réponse #1 le: 03 août 2010, 23:09:52 pm »
I only have to ask why checking 'bump mapping' gives me a switch between full screen & windowed mode...?   Curious but not a problem.

It's still using the captions from your old options file.  Open the launcher, click on Setup, note what options you have set, click on Default, then reset any options you wish, such as your screen resolution.  Setting everything to High looks very nice in the game and probably won't impact performance.  This should replace bump mapping with Full Screen, or will next time you run the launcher.

The game is getting really impressive, isn't it?

Hook

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Réponse #2 le: 03 août 2010, 23:37:35 pm »
There is now no question in my mind as to the need of any Napoleonic buff to own this game.
Agreed here, it is very hard to believe there are many Napoleonic gamers out there who have not purchased this fine work yet.

Many thanks to JMM for getting so many fix's done in the last few patchs.  

In hindsight, we all wanted LG as soon as possible after waiting for so many years for it, but the first release has now been made to look very poor, compared to the excellence of the game as it stands now, and it can only get even more impressive.  

The last few MP games (with 2c) have been fantastic, with the whole look and feel being so much improved - if you have not bought it yet, there is no need to wait any longer,

Hors ligne oho

• Chef de Bataillon
« Réponse #3 le: 04 août 2010, 07:54:14 am »
I have to agree: this  :p2.0c is really a breakthrough for this game!!! Thanks a lot. Best things are the Grand Tactical AI changes and the infos of the status of comanders. Now I know what they are doing and can guess why. :p

Hors ligne JCM101

• Capitaine
Re : Re : APR -After Patch Report
« Réponse #4 le: 04 août 2010, 13:56:23 pm »
It's still using the captions from your old options file.  Open the launcher, click on Setup, note what options you have set, click on Default, then reset any options you wish, such as your screen resolution.  Setting everything to High looks very nice in the game and probably won't impact performance.  This should replace bump mapping with Full Screen, or will next time you run the launcher.

The game is getting really impressive, isn't it?

Hook

Reading that I thought intially you were saying I could edit the dialog itself. 
This was a clean install, followed by 1b & then 2c before running it.  In setup I made all my choices & set the res to the desktop (1680x1050) but when the game ran it went to windowed mode @ around 1592x986  IIRC (just a weird res).  initdiag shows game set to fullscreen & correct res but until I checked 'Bump-mapping' it would not enter full screen mode.
I had neglected to check it as the madrussian mod says you don't need it.  Checked it to see if it would make a difference & it did but fullscreen switch wasn't what I expected.  :p

I have everything maxed & am now using nHancer to run 16x Ansio, 8x AA & 4x4 supersampling etc etc so it looks really good.

LG is certainly  no beaujolais nouveau, it benefits from maturation time in the cask....   :lol:
& I think it can only get better ... ;)

Hors ligne Hook

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateurs
  • Général de Brigade
« Réponse #5 le: 04 août 2010, 14:40:10 pm »
Reading that I thought intially you were saying I could edit the dialog itself. 

Actually, that's how I did it myself originally. :)

The problem is, the initial initDiag file still says Bump Mapping, and when you click on Default, it copies the file from another folder which has the correct Full Screen text.  We just need to change the initial file.

Hook

Hors ligne JCM101

• Capitaine
Re : Re : APR -After Patch Report
« Réponse #6 le: 04 août 2010, 18:55:26 pm »
Actually, that's how I did it myself originally. :)

The problem is, the initial initDiag file still says Bump Mapping, and when you click on Default, it copies the file from another folder which has the correct Full Screen text.  We just need to change the initial file.

Hook

Ah, I see that the file in langage\1 has 'full screen' instead of 'bump mapping', & sure enough altering that text in the used langage\initdiag now shows the correct text in setup...  If only all debugging was so easy   ;)
« Modifié: 04 août 2010, 18:57:24 pm par JCM101 »

Hors ligne MCBlewett

• Caporal
« Réponse #7 le: 06 août 2010, 04:27:10 am »
Hi all.  Sorry if this is addressed elsewhere, but I've not found it.  I installed the new patch, and when I attempted to run the simulation I received the following message:

This application has failed to start because d3dx9_42.dll was not found.  Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

Anyone else encounter this?  Do I need to scrub the program and start all over?

Sage advice accepted....

MCB

Hors ligne Théodoricus

• Major
« Réponse #8 le: 06 août 2010, 08:46:07 am »
Hi all.  Sorry if this is addressed elsewhere, but I've not found it.  I installed the new patch, and when I attempted to run the simulation I received the following message:

This application has failed to start because d3dx9_42.dll was not found.  Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

Anyone else encounter this?  Do I need to scrub the program and start all over?

Sage advice accepted....

MCB

Take a look at this topic to resolve your problem.
http://www.histwar.org/forum/index.php/topic,5079.0.html

You have to update DirectX 9c version if you get this kind of message : D3DX9_42.dll missing .
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=2da43d38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3

Regards,

Théo
« Modifié: 06 août 2010, 18:50:37 pm par Théodoricus »

Hors ligne MCBlewett

• Caporal
« Réponse #9 le: 06 août 2010, 15:01:44 pm »
Perfect!  Thank you.

Hors ligne Théodoricus

• Major
« Réponse #10 le: 06 août 2010, 18:56:48 pm »
Perfect!  Thank you.
I hope you have resolved your problem.
It's not always easy to search and find the right topic among thousand ones.

Théo