Auteur Sujet: Victory levels (Tac. & Str.) - CEH  (Lu 3484 fois)

Hors ligne AnkLrd

• Major
Victory levels (Tac. & Str.) - CEH
« le: 30 juillet 2010, 15:58:00 pm »
I had a MP battle yesterday.

Analysis table was:

So i assume we use this chart to decide about the level of victory ?

and as Strategic value is 1.52 (1.50<x<2.0) and free LOP it was a significant victory as stated above but why it is not a marginal Tactical victory but a draw though Tac value is 1.25 (1.2<y<1.5) and free LOP ?

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
Re : Victory levels (Tac. & Str.) - CEH
« Réponse #1 le: 30 juillet 2010, 17:25:44 pm »
Your information on the LOPs is in-correct, on my machine it was shown that all four LOPs were held by me. 

It is a known bug that only the game host can see the LOPs changes at the moment, I'm 99.9% sure JMM has said this will be fixed in patch 2c.

Hors ligne AnkLrd

• Major
« Réponse #2 le: 30 juillet 2010, 17:30:45 pm »
In fact what i ask exactly is not the LOP bug mate, i want to understand if we look at Tac-St values and decide about the victory level looking at the chart above or we check the final CEH ratio ?
Tac value for B is 1.25 enough for a Tac Vic. but final ratio is 111740/97620=1.14 not enough for the win ..?

ps thats why i did not put your name there and write LOPs there as 2-2 as Tac win and St winner did not change.

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Réponse #3 le: 30 juillet 2010, 17:54:34 pm »
i want to understand if we look at Tac-St values and decide about the victory level looking at the chart above or we check the final CEH ratio ?
I don't worry about this, I go with what it says, but in this case maybe 1.25 has been rounded down to 1.2, so making it a draw ????????????.

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
« Réponse #4 le: 30 juillet 2010, 20:55:54 pm »
Guys, the red "battle End" screen gives the degree of victory and shoild be the standard, or am I misssing something here?

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Réponse #5 le: 30 juillet 2010, 22:04:22 pm »
the red "battle End" screen gives the degree of victory and shoild be the standard
Yes, it is, I agree.

Hors ligne gazfun

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateur
  • Colonel
  • Avartar
    • The Generals HQ
« Réponse #6 le: 31 juillet 2010, 07:07:52 am »
Im inclined to consider the differing Strategic Victory  levels  more of value as it takes in consideration the the entire performance of both sides over the entire length of the battle regardless of the Forces ratio between them, or one side may have far less troops than the other.  Where as Tactical can change more quickly based upon a last minute action by one side or the other.

These 2 victory level in my view would be more appropiate in a Campaign.  Rather than in a one off battle.
So therefore for a one off battle maybe the 2 levels Strategic and Tactical should taken into consideration.
A true draw of a result would be:
If One side obtained a Strategic Victory of Substantial, and the opposition got a Tactical Substantial Victory then it would be a true draw in my book.
Any change greater than or equal to a result between Tactical or Strategic, would be on a ratio basis and compared to a end of game result for a one off battle.  Would be more fair.
This is just a thought I had :idea:
Write your own History!

Online most times @Skype "The Generals HQ or gazfun. Friday 1900hrs +10 GMT join us if you can!
http://www.thegeneralshq.org
http://www.histwar.org/forum/index.php/board,118.0.html
Histwar Les Grognards beta tester