Auteur Sujet: should i buy this game ?  (Lu 25849 fois)

Hors ligne garudamon11

• Sergent
Re : Re : should i buy this game ?
« Réponse #15 le: 31 mai 2010, 19:30:41 pm »
if it s your birthday tomorrow, as i m working on the "pininsular mod" I will give you a short a video with very nice "english sounds"
speaking of mods , where can i find hosted modifications ?

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
Re : should i buy this game ?
« Réponse #16 le: 31 mai 2010, 20:02:22 pm »
Official Mods, click "Depot" in the Menu bar at the top left of page.

Unofficial http://guggs.de/hwlg/

Hors ligne Marquês de Alorna

• Chef de Bataillon
« Réponse #17 le: 01 juin 2010, 00:21:16 am »
Dear Garudamon

hey everyone , my birthday is tomorrow and i thought of buying this game cause it looks like an armchair general's dream game  :D
and if i decided to buy it , is there a way to download the game ? i dont want the CD to be delivered here cause its too costly

I dream with a horse&musket  simulator like this since I was 11 at least. I've bought the Napoleon case and I don't regret it. Although that are still some issues to be solved (and the team is very actively working on it as far as I can see - in fact they are developing this game also as enthusiastic wargamers and not only to sell a product) the tactical outcomes make sense and the 3D animations make you really feel you are there. As time passes this game will surely improve a lot.

You say that you are an 18th century enthusiastic. In fact I also love the 18th century. Within the transition to the Napoleonic period, I'd like to be able to simulate the wars of the French Revolution and the War of the Oranges (1801). I'm sure that one of this days we will be able to simulate to simulate the latter at least.

Regards,
António

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
« Réponse #18 le: 01 juin 2010, 00:28:49 am »
One of the beauties of HLG is that if the demand exsists and you are willing to pay for it, I am sure a future "Expansion Pack" could be 18th Century Battles.

Hors ligne garudamon11

• Sergent
« Réponse #19 le: 01 juin 2010, 09:09:23 am »
its a yes , im buying the game !  :D

and about the 18th century warfare, cant we do it with the modding tools ?

Hors ligne EylauHurricane

• Capitaine
  • Rgt. Italien de Osimo -SINE CAPITE GENTIUM CIVITAS
« Réponse #20 le: 01 juin 2010, 10:29:43 am »
Happy birthday :), and it will be happier with Histwar! Be sure!
If you are British, I'm working (with Bibouba, Glaude 55 et Théodoricus) at the Peninsular Mod: you will can play soon with the British too! ;)
"LES OFFICIERS NE SONT RIEN QUAND ILS N' ONT PAS DE POUVOIR" (Napoléon,  "Guerre et Paix" de Lev Tolstoy)

Hors ligne garudamon11

• Sergent
« Réponse #21 le: 01 juin 2010, 11:24:31 am »
thank you
im not british, im arabic

Hors ligne AnkLrd

• Major
« Réponse #22 le: 01 juin 2010, 11:43:46 am »
Great to c one more officer from that timezone of the world.

Btw, Clubs you can enjoy some Histwar pbem games

GaW Generals at War: http://napbc.freeforums.org/lg-generals-at-war-gaw-forum-f97.html

TGHQ The Generals HQ: http://www.thegeneralshq.org/phpBBForum/index.php

NWC Napoleonic Wargame Club: http://www.wargame.ch/wc/nwc/Napann1.htm

iNWC International Napoleonic Wargaming Club:   http://www.battleground-club.de/

Hors ligne garudamon11

• Sergent
« Réponse #23 le: 01 juin 2010, 12:02:56 pm »
are these like clans ? because i prefer to stay "clanless"   :p

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Réponse #24 le: 01 juin 2010, 15:02:56 pm »
You may already know this, but Clubs and "Clans" are almost the same, the important difference is any "Clan" member can also be a member of any club, but not a member of more than one Clan.

Those listed below are clubs (I think ?), except that GaW is a part of the NBC Clan where anyone is welcome to take part, regardless of if they are a full NBC (Clan) member or not.  Normally anyone can join a Clan forum even if they do not wish to be a fully signed up member.

I speak for the NBC "clan".  The whole idea of that is to fit in with a group of like minded people who take part in MP Napoleonic games, all of who display the NBC "tag" while taking part, a MP hosted NBC game will always welcome anyone else to join in, but (of course) first priorty on places will go to other NBC members.

If your interested in PBEM and/or MP it would be best to belong to some kind of organisation, if not it may be hard to find games.  If your a solo player only then Clubs and Clans are not so important.  

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
« Réponse #25 le: 01 juin 2010, 15:21:34 pm »
and about the 18th century warfare, cant we do it with the modding tools ?

Well yes you can, but this only changes uniforms, unit names, oob's and maps. Which is great and I am thankful to all those working on these mods, I will be using them myself. However as discussed in earlier topics, "True" mods will come in the form of "Expansion Packs" because for the Mod to be truly realistic, AI needs to be adapted for the tactics of that period or those particular armies.  eg. "Reverse Slope" for the Brits.

Hors ligne garudamon11

• Sergent
Re : Re : should i buy this game ?
« Réponse #26 le: 01 juin 2010, 15:26:43 pm »
You may already know this, but Clubs and "Clans" are almost the same, the important difference is any "Clan" member can also be a member of any club, but not a member of more than one Clan.

Those listed below are clubs (I think ?), except that GaW is a part of the NBC Clan where anyone is welcome to take part, regardless of if they are a full NBC (Clan) member or not.  Normally anyone can join a Clan forum even if they do not wish to be a fully signed up member.

I speak for the NBC "clan".  The whole idea of that is to fit in with a group of like minded people who take part in MP Napoleonic games, all of who display the NBC "tag" while taking part, a MP hosted NBC game will always welcome anyone else to join in, but (of course) first priorty on places will go to other NBC members.

If your interested in PBEM and/or MP it would be best to belong to some kind of organisation, if not it may be hard to find games.  If your a solo player only then Clubs and Clans are not so important.  

i guess i will join one but not now

Well yes you can, but this only changes uniforms, unit names, oob's and maps. Which is great and I am thankful to all those working on these mods, I will be using them myself. However as discussed in earlier topics, "True" mods will come in the form of "Expansion Packs" because for the Mod to be truly realistic, AI needs to be adapted for the tactics of that period or those particular armies.  eg. "Reverse Slope" for the Brits.

lol i played many games that have nearly no AI so i dont really mind that  :D

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
« Réponse #27 le: 01 juin 2010, 15:38:16 pm »
Welcome, the only advice I can give, is that HLG is a complex simulator that will never cease to surprise you, never gets boring and with practice (LOTS of practice) you really can become an "Armchair General" :smile: :smile:

Hors ligne garudamon11

• Sergent
« Réponse #28 le: 01 juin 2010, 16:03:42 pm »
i feel sorry for the guys that will be on my team in my first 10 games  :D :smile:

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Réponse #29 le: 01 juin 2010, 17:48:08 pm »
Ha, I'd not worry about that.......a lot will depend on who the first 10 games are AGAINST......you might win them all.