Auteur Sujet: Retreating  (Lu 3383 fois)

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
Retreating
« le: 22 mai 2010, 22:21:45 pm »
I know that this has been covered before but I just had occassion to retreat 3 Corps over 3 seperate bridges and I remembered advice someone had posted some time ago. So I thought it was worth sharing again with the addition of Screens. I used Tutorial 3 to illustrate the method.
I have found that the best way to retreat in any type of good order, is to give an Order to "Deploy (not Defend) in Checkerboard" to a line in you rear and change the Order to "Defend" when you arrive at the line. With this type of in depth unit protection the Corps will usually disengage from Combat. Some units in heavy Combat may be left behind but that's realistic and shields your main force withdrawal. Beware retreating an engaged Corp is a risky thing and may turn into a Rout.
There is also a Screen of the PBEM battle Retreat over the Bridges.

Hors ligne thilio

• Général de Brigade
Re : Retreating
« Réponse #1 le: 22 mai 2010, 22:26:59 pm »
Thanks ajlewisbrookes for this illustrated and usefull advice  ;)

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
« Réponse #2 le: 22 mai 2010, 23:52:14 pm »
I f I am of any help then  it is a pleasure 8)

Hors ligne Markwooda

• Lieutenant
« Réponse #3 le: 23 mai 2010, 17:11:37 pm »
Thanks for the adivice there is several times when I've tried to disengage, which has always ended in complete frustration so I'm going to give your mehod ago :lol:

thanks again AJ

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Réponse #4 le: 23 mai 2010, 18:17:02 pm »
Russia force France to retreat to safety...........but were unable to take advantage of the situation.

Thanks for the advice AJ.