Auteur Sujet: Troops routing  (Lu 11151 fois)

Hors ligne Marquês de Alorna

• Chef de Bataillon
Re : Re : Troops routing
« Réponse #15 le: 13 mai 2010, 16:37:51 pm »
Hook, I have a suggestion.  Leave the name as it is.
In a future patch, change the RED cross in the F2 unit Icon to ORANGE for units Retiring, Reforming, Pulling back etc...and use the RED for units routing off the field.
Well, from the commander's point of view (who is observing the unit from a distance with his telescope) would he be able to realize the difference, unless the troops are able to reform again already outside of the enemy's firing range?

Regards,
António

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
Re : Troops routing
« Réponse #16 le: 13 mai 2010, 16:50:16 pm »
Marques, we don't yet have a telescope mode in F3 or F2 and very few will fight "View locked to CinC" until we do. There is a telescope mode in F4 but not many people like the F4 mode.
« Modifié: 13 mai 2010, 17:58:20 pm par ajlewisbrookes »

Hors ligne Franciscus

• Colonel
« Réponse #17 le: 13 mai 2010, 17:37:06 pm »
In a future patch, change the RED cross in the F2 unit Icon to ORANGE for units Retiring, Reforming, Pulling back etc...and use the RED for units routing off the field.

Sounds good. +1 !  :mrgreen:

• Chef de Bataillon
« Réponse #18 le: 13 mai 2010, 21:33:49 pm »
Marques, we don't yet have a telescope mode in F3 or F2 and very few will fight "View locked to CinC" until we do. There is a telescope mode in F4 but not many people like the F4 mode.
Dear ajlewisbrookes

I did not refer to a telescope mode. In HW-LG, you are the commander, so maybe (maybe) you should not be able to realize the difference.
... Unless, the game depicts a unit as "routing" even when the intent is to simulate an orderly retreat. From the postings I've read, this is not the case, since sometimes, depending on troop quality, units are able to perform an orderly retreat in the same situation.

Regards,
António

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
« Réponse #19 le: 13 mai 2010, 21:44:58 pm »
When we start fighting MP, which we hope will be soon, in many of the battles I will be fighting as a Corps Commander not CinC. Consequently I will be very close to my units and would like to see there status by the color of the X. Anyhow this is just a wish list and is probably more suited in the "Evolution" Forum.

Hors ligne Hook

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateurs
  • Général de Brigade
« Réponse #20 le: 14 mai 2010, 00:27:13 am »

Why?

Currently units leaving the field already have their own color, which is perfectly fine.  Some variations on red icons are already used for units out of control and fleeing which is what is described by "rout" in the game.

Watching from the CinC or corps commander view, it's fairly obvious what each unit is doing without looking at the map.  Watching the map it's obvious what each unit is doing from it's color and symbol. 

The only problem was that the word "rout" was used in some cases where you wouldn't normally think of it being a rout.  The map colors are not the problem and never were.

Hook

Hors ligne Hook

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateurs
  • Général de Brigade
« Réponse #21 le: 14 mai 2010, 01:11:48 am »
What a good idea, simple and effective, no need for any words, just a different colour for a "temporary" rout, regardless of what caused it.....gets my vote.

They're ALL temporary unless the unit is leaving the field, and that already produces a different colored icon.

Hook

• Chef de Bataillon
« Réponse #22 le: 14 mai 2010, 02:01:52 am »
When we start fighting MP, which we hope will be soon, in many of the battles I will be fighting as a Corps Commander not CinC. Consequently I will be very close to my units and would like to see there status by the color of the X. Anyhow this is just a wish list and is probably more suited in the "Evolution" Forum.
Ok, I'm convinced. I support your idea 100%.

Regards,
António

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
« Réponse #23 le: 14 mai 2010, 02:30:33 am »
Hook, I'm not trying to create extra work and it really isn't that important to me but the grayed out look of the unit leaving the field doesn't really catch the eye.  Maybe just change the gray to something a little more eye catching but in the pecking oder of things it's not a big issue for me

Hors ligne timelord

• Caporal
Re : Re : Re : Troops routing
« Réponse #24 le: 14 mai 2010, 04:00:11 am »
Darren, are you sure that your LOP was not taken by the enemy (even if only 1 or 2 units)? That could explain that your troops were routing all the time. It already happened to me (in fact there is another thread where this issue was debated).

Regards,
António

HI
No enemy unit where any where now my LOP,as the rest of my army was right behind the infantry that ran away.
The enemy brigade was right out in front of thier own army ,with no other units within 800 meters.
The enemy unit that routed my troops just sat thier like a rock,i had to send in a new Birgade just to get them to move back.
All the best
Darren