Auteur Sujet: Deploy editor  (Lu 5955 fois)

Hors ligne Alfiere

• Général de Brigade
Deploy editor
« le: 12 mai 2010, 18:54:42 pm »
Why do not think in future at a deploy editor for join maps and OOB to save start historical position for corps without constraints,time arrival of reinforcements etc for  play only PBEM a MP, not in SOLO mode for problems with IA?
« Modifié: 12 mai 2010, 19:25:09 pm par Alfiere »
Danube camp - 3rd Coaltion camp

Hors ligne EricJ

• Officier d'HistWar
  • Capitaine
Re : Deploy editor
« Réponse #1 le: 12 mai 2010, 20:52:28 pm »
Hello,
I don't understand why a "deploy editor" would be necessary : now you can save start historical position for each side (eylauhurricane's method is useful in order to avoid the constraints, I used it several times) and the time arrival of reinforcements is defined in the OOB. Is there problem with these options in pebm mode (I'm only playing in solo mode)?

Hors ligne Alfiere

• Général de Brigade
Re : Re : Deploy editor
« Réponse #2 le: 12 mai 2010, 21:39:36 pm »
Hello,
I don't understand why a "deploy editor" would be necessary : now you can save start historical position for each side (eylauhurricane's method is useful in order to avoid the constraints, I used it several times) and the time arrival of reinforcements is defined in the OOB. Is there problem with these options in pebm mode (I'm only playing in solo mode)?

I do not know this method to avoid constraints, made deploy out area deploy?
Yes the time is defined in OOB , but from where? from LOP same army(constrain).
For me would be more rational make a little program (deploy editor for to define a battle) that join map and OOB to define all , also where arrival reinforcement maybe also to rear or to flank of enemy for historical reality different from the LOP.
The game is complete , now it is versatile (map and OOB to mix freely) , but for me maps and OOB should be closely linked and save together in a file(how option if used).It is only my opinion.
« Modifié: 12 mai 2010, 22:08:16 pm par Alfiere »

Hors ligne Marquês de Alorna

• Chef de Bataillon
Re : Re : Re : Deploy editor
« Réponse #3 le: 12 mai 2010, 22:08:10 pm »
I do not know this method to avoid constraints, made deploy out area deploy?
Yes the time is defined in OOB , but from where? from LOP same army(constrain).
For me would be more rational make a little program (deploy editor) that join map and OOB to define all , also where arrival reinforcement maybe also to rear or to flank of enemy for historical reality different from the LOP.
The game is complete , now it is versatile (map and OOB to mix freely) , but for me maps and OOB should be closely linked and save together in a file(how option if used).It is only my opinion.

I think that a joint deploy editor would not be really necessary. However, I agree that one should be able to deploy the troops without restrictions (or alternatively, the deploy areas should be customizable) and the reinforcements entry points should should not be necessarily the same at the LOP.

Regards,
António

Hors ligne EricJ

• Officier d'HistWar
  • Capitaine
« Réponse #4 le: 12 mai 2010, 22:13:37 pm »
Ok, I understand what do you mean.
About the arrival of reinforcements, JMM said that we will be able to define it in a next version.
About the method to avoid the constraints of area deploy, EylauHurrricane explained it in an other discussion :     
"Re : Re : Une idée pour la batailles "historiques" (http://www.histwar.org/forum/index.php/topic,4460.45.html)
It's in french, is it ok for you ? otherwise, I can translate !

En effet, la forcer un peu est possible. Avec l' éditeur des cartes:
1)Etablir la disposition cardinale d'une coté (example: Nord), entrer et sauver la carte
2)Ouvrir la bataille: placer les unités (en notre cas, au Nord) et sauver le déploiement initial
3)Réouvrir l'éditeur des cartes, et changer la direction du meme coté (maintenant, example, Sud-Ouest), en adjustant celle de l'adversaire; entrer et sauver la carte.
4)Réouvrir la bataille: vous retrouverez les unitées au Nord ancore au Nord, et placez les autres unités au Sud-Ouest; sauver encore le déploiement initial.
Et de suite, pour autres adjustements...

De cette facon, on peut forcer la "no man's land" pour les deux cotés; si vous joué mon Marengo (revision) en commandant les deux cotée ensemble, vous verrez les Autrichiens et les Francais très proches près de Marengo et la Barbotta, avec une "no man's land" très reduite!!
Si mon idée de pouvoir avoir l'option de donner à l'IA le déroulement de la bataille pour une coté sera possible, de cette facon nous pourrons avoir des forces très proches (je pense que sera possible recréer beaucoup de batailles). Je voudrai faire la preuve (donnez-moi le temps)  ;) avec la carte de Waterloo , en placant les Anglais (pour le moment, en leur substitution les Danois avec leurs habits rouges  :mrgreen:) dans Hougoumont et les Francais de Jerome Bonaparte très proches à eux! Salut et vive l'Empereur!!! ;)

Hors ligne Alfiere

• Général de Brigade
« Réponse #5 le: 12 mai 2010, 22:23:36 pm »
Hello
Very intersting,i do not know this.I test soon.
Good news for me also that JMM said.
I am almost satisfied.
Thank you very much.

• Chef de Bataillon
« Réponse #6 le: 13 mai 2010, 02:33:36 am »
Ok, I understand what do you mean.
About the arrival of reinforcements, JMM said that we will be able to define it in a next version.
About the method to avoid the constraints of area deploy, EylauHurrricane explained it in an other discussion :     
"Re : Re : Une idée pour la batailles "historiques" (http://www.histwar.org/forum/index.php/topic,4460.45.html)
It's in french, is it ok for you ? otherwise, I can translate !
Oui, je comprends le texte en Français. Merci!

À bientôt,
António

Hors ligne Alfiere

• Général de Brigade
« Réponse #7 le: 13 mai 2010, 08:44:56 am »
Backtrack
Example with no constraints deploy area.
You want play Wagram with reinforcements arrival 4 hors after start battle  from north west , weather fine with corps placed how historical battle , save file with deploy editor and play with friend.

You want play historical situation Wagram at 13.00 save file deploy editor with no provided reinforcements without create another OOB,placed corps how historical battle at that time with weather rain and play with friend.

Etc.

Sorry there are other problems because l'OOB is no longer the same for losses then recreate anyway.Too complicated ,forget it.
« Modifié: 13 mai 2010, 09:08:57 am par Alfiere »

Hors ligne EricJ

• Officier d'HistWar
  • Capitaine
« Réponse #8 le: 13 mai 2010, 10:26:55 am »
I think that you can already do that, without a deploy editor, except for the reinforcements, which will (soon  :?:) be possible :
- You create the map of Wagram.
- You create the OOB of Wagram for the morning (with the reinforcement 4 hours after).
- You create a second OOB of Wagram for 13.00 (which takes into account losses, and the reinforcement already there).

It is possible to save two different deployments on the same map, so you can create two scenari and save, for each one, the deployment of units of each OOB.

Hors ligne Alfiere

• Général de Brigade
« Réponse #9 le: 13 mai 2010, 12:29:49 pm »
Yes,yes.
Now is scenari that link together Maps and OOB with help of OOB for time of reinforcement and map from where (now LOP) and weather.
Once removed the constraint of deployment is possible each configuration.
Sorry for unnecessary post.

• Chef de Bataillon
« Réponse #10 le: 13 mai 2010, 13:32:59 pm »
De cette facon, on peut forcer la "no man's land" pour les deux cotés; si vous joué mon Marengo (revision) en commandant les deux cotée ensemble, vous verrez les Autrichiens et les Francais très proches près de Marengo et la Barbotta, avec une "no man's land" très reduite!!
Still, this technique is only to reduce the "no man's land". Some complex historical scenarios may require you to deploy some forces behind the enemy lines, or one of the armies to control a larger fraction of the map, etc. So, the possibility to customize the deployment zones (or simply to eliminate them) would be a very useful feature.

Regards,
António

Hors ligne EricJ

• Officier d'HistWar
  • Capitaine
« Réponse #11 le: 13 mai 2010, 19:12:30 pm »
Still, this technique is only to reduce the "no man's land". Some complex historical scenarios may require you to deploy some forces behind the enemy lines, or one of the armies to control a larger fraction of the map, etc. So, the possibility to customize the deployment zones (or simply to eliminate them) would be a very useful feature.

I am totally agree with you : we can avoid the constraints with eylauhurricane's method, but the possibility to customize the deployment zones would be better and practical.

• Chef de Bataillon
« Réponse #12 le: 13 mai 2010, 21:40:38 pm »
I am totally agree with you : we can avoid the constraints with eylauhurricane's method, but the possibility to customize the deployment zones would be better and practical.
To eliminate the deployment zones could in fact be a run-time option, just before starting the game, instead of associating it with the map.
Or do you think this would have other implications?

Regards,
António