Auteur Sujet: Satellite Maps  (Lu 22312 fois)

Hors ligne Alfiere

• Général de Brigade
Re : Satellite Maps
« Réponse #15 le: 03 janvier 2011, 19:43:24 pm »
I do not know this (bug)
Good to know.
But i think that nothing change for to make the same satellite map.
If for 1 degree are used 1200 rows and for 5 degree are used 6000 rows , we have to work only with a bigger file.
There is a problem when the map is between 2 tiles , we have to merge 2 files how explained by Brucepos, but is limiting case.(the code for scilab must change)
Another way is to fill the mask with degree of lat and long that include the map ,to avoid this little problem.
(i have not tried) also in this case the rows are different and something in spreadsheet must be changed.
Danube camp - 3rd Coaltion camp

Hors ligne Alfiere

• Général de Brigade
Re : Re : Satellite Maps
« Réponse #16 le: 03 janvier 2011, 22:54:33 pm »

But i think that nothing change for to make the same satellite map.
If for 1 degree are used 1200 rows and for 5 degree are used 6000 rows , we have to work only with a bigger file.

I rethink this , now i have some doubt.
My doubt is , is better to have a tile for 1 degree or a tile for 5 degree for to build a better satellite map?
Now i think a tile for 1 degree,but i am not sure.

« Modifié: 04 janvier 2011, 07:20:12 am par Alfiere »

Hors ligne Alfiere

• Général de Brigade
« Réponse #17 le: 04 janvier 2011, 09:39:12 am »
I read

The original 5 degree tiles are also sub-tiled for those users requiring easier to manage grids for smaller areas.
The risolution is of 3 arcsec about 90 meters.
Then there is not difference and the risolution is the same, seems to me.

Hors ligne Alfiere

• Général de Brigade
« Réponse #18 le: 04 septembre 2016, 12:12:20 pm »
I do not know because do not work and need another mathematical matrix for 6x4.5 km map.
Maybe speaking with Nix when he created 6 km waterloo map,but i do not remenber.
The map it is good , if there was a little mistake the result it would be a crap map...

Anyway now delete my previous  posts if the files will not be compatible, to avoid confusion.

Hello Theo
« Modifié: 04 septembre 2016, 17:05:12 pm par Alfiere »

Hors ligne Alfiere

• Général de Brigade
« Réponse #19 le: 05 septembre 2016, 11:54:39 am »
Hello Theo

Found the sources.
Here

http://www.histwar.org/forum/index.php/topic,5947.msg77284.html#msg77284

The map it is right because i take a look on google earth of height at Kofering and on Histwar map it is 12 meter.
The difference between kofering place and lowest point real height is 349-338=11 meter.
Then all is right.
With brucepos method all heights are remapped with al least a 0 meter point on histwar map.(all heights are relative heights)
Removing code of remapping with scilap we can to have real heights also in histwar map , but it is better to have a 0 meter point (i agree with brucepos method)

« Modifié: 05 septembre 2016, 12:36:30 pm par Alfiere »

Hors ligne Théodoricus

• Major
« Réponse #20 le: 05 septembre 2016, 17:24:40 pm »
Hello Theo

Found the sources.
Here

http://www.histwar.org/forum/index.php/topic,5947.msg77284.html#msg77284

The map it is right because i take a look on google earth of height at Kofering and on Histwar map it is 12 meter.
The difference between kofering place and lowest point real height is 349-338=11 meter.
Then all is right.
With brucepos method all heights are remapped with al least a 0 meter point on histwar map.(all heights are relative heights)
Removing code of remapping with scilap we can to have real heights also in histwar map , but it is better to have a 0 meter point (i agree with brucepos method)

Hello Alfiere,

That's great to know that your calculations are correct to obtain the right heights for a 6x4,5 km map in the Map Editor.
Thank you for the link.

Since yesterday, I thought you could not delete your previous post and let your calculations for a map of 6x4.5 km but specifying that it is for Napoleon:Les Grognards. Because maybe it could have been useful for those who continue to play with Napoleon:Les Grognards.

Théo

Hors ligne Alfiere

• Général de Brigade
« Réponse #21 le: 05 septembre 2016, 17:49:12 pm »
Hello Théo

Yes ,very interesting Nix topic.

It is better that i've deleted the procedure for the map calculations for two main reasons.
1)Need a little experience with scilab before use it.(scilab it is very powerful)
2)Romain promise a procedure to make map,it is better wait Romain .

hoping soon ,so you can do other fantastic scenarios for Histwar. ;)
« Modifié: 13 septembre 2016, 08:53:45 am par Alfiere »

Hors ligne Théodoricus

• Major
« Réponse #22 le: 05 septembre 2016, 22:55:07 pm »
Hello Théo
hoping soon ,so you can do other fantastic scenarios for Histwar. ;)

I think you can do the same.  ;)