Auteur Sujet: Getting LG installed right  (Lu 3869 fois)

Hors ligne HarryInk

• Grognard de la Vieille Garde
  • Major
Getting LG installed right
« le: 08 mai 2010, 14:56:43 pm »
Hi there,

A mate tried installing LG and it's not running for him.  He gets a 'keymissing (id key) - 10' error message.

We figure that means that his hasn't managed to install his game key properly.

I went 'round tonight to offer my limited computer skills. 

We tried uninstalling LG, thinking we would start from scratch again.  Interestingly the game was still there AFTER the uninstall, which was confusing.  And the install application we had expected to use seems to have disappeared in the uninstall process!

He installed the game in a 'temp' folder on his C: drive (where he has other games such as combat mission that work okay).  I wondered if this might be an issue as LG installed it's own histwar folder directly onto C: when I put the game on my laptop.  Could that be an issue?

Anyway, our current solution is for him to redownload the game tomorrow.  Try a reinstall without directing histwar/LG away from its default settings, and then figure out the key issue.

How does that sound as a program?  Is there an obvious process with the key that we're failing to see?

Sorry to be so thick.  I realise I'm in the "I just fly 'em, I don't know how or why they fly" class. ;)
"But I vil not divulge any furzer informazion!"

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
Re : Getting LG installed right
« Réponse #1 le: 08 mai 2010, 15:03:14 pm »
Well Harry, if you will listen to this "Filth Brit" :p :p :p I think it has to go in the default destination folder, I seem to remember a post about it. 
When pbem/MP gets sorted, we need to do a Brit versus Aussie (prison ship fodder) battle :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

All in fun Harry

Hors ligne HarryInk

• Major
« Réponse #2 le: 08 mai 2010, 15:14:46 pm »
Prison Ship Fodder?  

Sons of somnambulant victims of the inbred aristocracy!  Post-imperial minions of Etonian born-to-rule chinless overbites.  For the honor of my 0nce-chained and unchained ancestors who had the good sense to think that half-way around the world was almost far enough away from the haw-haw genepool, we'll have you on!! :D  Great idea!

Of course, after posting this I did a little research and found - golly gosh! - an installation forum.  Lord! JMM & Perrine think of everything. ;)   I read this post http://www.histwar.org/forum/index.php/topic,3814.0.html which promises great things fer me mate.  

However, it would be good to know if my mate should let the installer put histwar just exactly where it wants to go or if it's cool for him to park it where he wants it?

Cheers
« Modifié: 08 mai 2010, 15:40:56 pm par HarryInk »

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
« Réponse #3 le: 08 mai 2010, 17:28:01 pm »
Harry, don't you guys have genetic lobotomies :D :D :D

Seriously, we better  be carefull, the moderators won't understand our humor :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Hors ligne HarryInk

• Major
« Réponse #4 le: 09 mai 2010, 09:46:03 am »
Yes, I wondered if they'd take it more personally than you. :)  Ah, gotta have a little risk in life.  Just trying to juice up the challenge, old son. ;)

I reckon we should have an LG World Cup once it's PBEMing properly!  I've been watching a few of the forums to see where would be a good place to run such a thing.  Been harbouring some ideas for tourneys.  Having read 'Crisis in the Snows' a while back, I reckon a tourney with Mohrugen(?), Golymin, Pultusk and Eylau played in mirrored battles would be fun.  By playing battles mirrored you can have uneven forces, even though there's not a lot of FOW about the OoBs.

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
« Réponse #5 le: 09 mai 2010, 15:24:56 pm »
I know our guys at nbc will work something out with your guys.  pbem is great if you play em quick, I'm really looking forward to MP but we may have some time problems there. We'll work something out mate.

Hors ligne HarryInk

• Major
« Réponse #6 le: 10 mai 2010, 15:40:41 pm »
Am I right to believe that PBEMs still don't work (properly)?

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
« Réponse #7 le: 10 mai 2010, 15:58:06 pm »
You'r right Harry. At nbc we are still fighting them to keep in practice for the big day

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Réponse #8 le: 10 mai 2010, 16:02:38 pm »
Am I right to believe that PBEMs still don't work (properly)?
The PBEM "system" works correctly, but for some reason the orders do not work correctly, many Corps get totaly bogged down and won't move unless you order each seperate Regiment.  There is also a "end game" bug as well, but apart from that the PBEM "system" is fine.

Hors ligne HarryInk

• Major
« Réponse #9 le: 11 mai 2010, 12:19:12 pm »
Er hem... apart from that... *giggle*