Auteur Sujet: Firing Range slider  (Lu 3003 fois)

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
Firing Range slider
« le: 07 mai 2010, 00:26:02 am »
Now I've been gaming intensly since HLG's release and I've read and reread the Manual thoroughly, or at least I thought I had. Ges one of my pbem buddies pointed out to me the "Firing Range Slider" in F7.  I had never noticed it before and I have never read about it in the Manual or here in the Forum. So I am an idiot I know. :? :? :?

Could one of the development team please comment on it's uses, pros and cons,  functions etc..

[JMM edit] I  deleted the last sentence because it's not very important!
« Modifié: 07 mai 2010, 00:37:58 am par JMM »

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
    • http://www.histwar.com
Re : Firing Range slider
« Réponse #1 le: 07 mai 2010, 00:43:05 am »
It's a distance between 2 infantry units before opening the fire..
In fact, the system tries to choose  the average value (calculation with the 2 distances) in order to place the units! Sometimes, it's not possible!

JMM

Hors ligne Hook

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateurs
  • Général de Brigade
« Réponse #2 le: 07 mai 2010, 01:09:41 am »
I saw the firing range slider in the first demo.  I thought about it a while, then ignored it.

The problem is, if you open fire at a shorter range than the enemy, it's likely that you'll never open fire because you rout first.  If you open fire at longer range, your shots aren't effective enough to start the "rout timer" on the target unit (bottom of the unit info box, red numbers when it's active). 

While I didn't actually test it myself, CvC did, and found this to be the case in the game as well as in theory.

I suspect it will be more important when we get some rifle armed troops who can inflict damage at a longer range.  It doesn't seem to do much for musket armed troops.

Hook

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
« Réponse #3 le: 07 mai 2010, 01:22:50 am »
Thankyou both, I'll leave it alone for now. When we get rifles I'll look at it again

Hors ligne Hook

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateurs
  • Général de Brigade
« Réponse #4 le: 07 mai 2010, 01:26:05 am »
There's no reason not to explore it.  There may be a few instances where it could be useful that we aren't aware of or haven't found. 

Hook

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
« Réponse #5 le: 07 mai 2010, 01:31:37 am »
Will do but I'll do it in SOLO, not going to risk losing a pbem because I screwup ;) ;) ;)