Auteur Sujet: Cropped screen & Gliding units  (Lu 3143 fois)

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
Cropped screen & Gliding units
« le: 05 mai 2010, 14:06:55 pm »
Installed HLG on my new Laptop. my F2 screen is cropped at each side with a red border which I never had on my PC. Also the loading screen from Histwar.exe is White, it does load though. And I have gliding units!!! Any Ideas? :( :( :(

1366 X 768 screen res
AMD Athlon M320 Dual Core @2.2ghz each
3g DDR2 RAM
ATI Mobility Radeon HD4200 (DiorectX 10.01 Shader 4.0)
Windows7 64bit
« Modifié: 05 mai 2010, 14:39:09 pm par ajlewisbrookes »

Hors ligne Franciscus

• Colonel
Re : Cropped screen & Gliding units
« Réponse #1 le: 05 mai 2010, 20:15:27 pm »
The red border is normal. I think it depends on the resolution and size of your screen. Probably you had previously a 4:3 screen. I play at 1920x1080 and have had always this red border. If you notice, other pics posted by other folks also have it. As to the white screen, I also have it for a fraction of a second, and then it loads. It even loads ok from the histwar menu. Much better than pre-patch b, when it froze. As to the gliding units, no clue, but I guess it has to do with memory (video and Ram) and maybe some leak in the code.

PS: You should also chech for the latest drivers for your graphic card in Asus site. A final word: Some games do not like graphics cards with shared memory, as is the case of your laptop. Maybe HWLG also has this problem ??

Regards

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
« Réponse #2 le: 05 mai 2010, 20:26:08 pm »
Franciscus, the grahics card drivers are updated and the card has 256mb of dedicated as well as 1900mb shared, 3gigs of DDR2 RAM. The card scores 5.9 out of 7.0 In windows gaming Benchmark. So I can't see the cardor RAM being the problem here.
I may have a corrupt Histwar.exe, I moved it several times on a scanstick. I do remember NIX having a similar problem sometime ago, he had to reinstall a couple of times before it solved itself. The first time I run a file there is no gliding it is only on the second file onward that it happens.

Hors ligne Franciscus

• Colonel
« Réponse #3 le: 05 mai 2010, 20:44:36 pm »
I repeat, the red border is normal - see attached pic of how it looks on my widescreen 22' 1920x1080 screen

As to the memory, the issue some games have is not related with how much the GC has or how much is shared, but with the fact that there IS sharing. I really do not know if HWLG suffers from this, as none of my PCs have shared GC memory. Maybe some other users could share their experiences.  ;)

What I always knew as a fact is that a serious gaming rig should NOT have a GC with shared memory. Maybe someone can correct me here, if I am wrong.

Regards
« Modifié: 05 mai 2010, 20:53:33 pm par Franciscus »

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
« Réponse #4 le: 05 mai 2010, 21:18:15 pm »
Franciscus my friend. The red border thing is acceptable, I have had that back from a few guys, I understand that now.
This isn't exactly a top flight gaming rig or it would have had a 4500 series card. Shared memory should only affect the most demanding games which HLG is not supposed to be.  HLG has not had a problem in the past with shared memory as far as I remember, and on the occasions that it has the PC's memory had been to low which isn't the case here. Many guys here are running HLG with integrated standard Intel and Nvidia cards with few or no problems.
I'm pretty sur that I've corrupted my original HLG exec by copying it to scandisc a few times instead or re downloading it, we'll see'  Thanks for the input though.

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
« Réponse #5 le: 06 mai 2010, 01:12:13 am »
I now report SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!! With the help of JMM I finally got hold of the original Histwar .exe (well o1.ob), and upon installation the gliding stopped, no gliding even when closing and relaunching multiple files multiple times.