Auteur Sujet: March in step  (Lu 3235 fois)

amrcg

• Invité
March in step
« le: 25 avril 2010, 15:45:14 pm »
The infantry soldiers seem not to be marching in step with the drum, both when in column and in line (their steps are not synchronized).
Also infantry lines seem to break a bit when a line infantry unit approaches the enemy ("attack enemy unit"). Then they stop still at a significant distance and reform the line. While I understand that attacking columns could march at discretion when marching right to the enemy line for sake of speed, this was not standard practice for a line, which would usually march in step to keep the formation as much as possible during movement and maneuvering (after all, the line was a more clumsy formation than the column). At least this is what the drill manuals say.
Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Regards,
A. Grilo

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
Re : March in step
« Réponse #1 le: 26 avril 2010, 02:34:38 am »
Amreg, no offence meant but I think JMM and his Beta Testers have bigger fish to fry, than whether Infantry are marching in step to the beat of the drum.

amrcg

• Invité
« Réponse #2 le: 26 avril 2010, 16:23:36 pm »
I agree. I just wanted to raise this note... For the future.  :mrgreen:

Hors ligne Montecuccoli

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateur
  • Colonel
« Réponse #3 le: 26 avril 2010, 16:29:01 pm »
That is unbelievable!!! I will personally order to whip those soldiers..... some "Der Alte Fritz" drilling is what they deserve if they do not march properly.  :mrgreen:
Histwar beta tester

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
« Réponse #4 le: 26 avril 2010, 16:36:24 pm »
Haa!!! Haaa!!!!! It's OK Amreg, all is good.   :p :p :p