Auteur Sujet: Is it possible to...  (Lu 3633 fois)

Hors ligne Lucan

• Caporal
Is it possible to...
« le: 16 avril 2010, 01:43:05 am »
Make the units display in a 1:1 scale (I.E One unit represents one unit, rather than one unit equaling 10)? Or can the engine not handle it?

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
Re : Is it possible to...
« Réponse #1 le: 16 avril 2010, 01:54:54 am »
I know that this has been handled before somewhere and there are those that will explain it in far more depth. However, as I understand it, it's not possible because the map and battle area would become totally overcrowded, there has to be space between units and room for manoeuvres etc..

Hors ligne Soldat Louis

• Major
« Réponse #2 le: 16 avril 2010, 14:02:14 pm »
Well, I understood the opposite: actually with a 1/1 scale, the space occupied by the units would not be bigger: it is the soldiers size that would become smaller. At the moment the soldiers are 10 times bigger that what they should be with respect to the map scale. Am I wrong?

At the beginning I was disapointed because I wanted to see crowded battlefields, but now it's OK I came to admit that it was not the case in the historical battles. It seems that there were big gaps in between units in order to allow them to manoeuvre and adapt their formations to the different situations.

Still... I have problems to figure out a division attacking a key position in columns with big intervals in between the columns. May be in the future (no need to rush, JMM) it would be nice to have 2 options to give offensive orders:
- "deploy" orders as we know them with the units maintaining intervals for flexibility
AND
-"attack" (or "charge, for the cavalry) orders with units moving close to each others (not like marching orders). In this latter case there would be no possibility to deploy on line if the attack fail : just forming square or retreating with a big moral penalty so that this order should be use carefully only one or two times during the battle. I thing that would make historical sense and would add a lots of spice to the game.
What do you think ?

Hors ligne Lucan

• Caporal
« Réponse #3 le: 17 avril 2010, 02:44:15 am »
@ Soldat Louis: In that case, might you know what file I might have to look to to edit the size? Or can I not?

Hors ligne Soldat Louis

• Major
« Réponse #4 le: 17 avril 2010, 03:25:18 am »
No, it is not yet possible but I remember that JMM said that getting down to 1/5 scale should be possible. After I guess one reach the computer limits

Hors ligne Lucan

• Caporal
« Réponse #5 le: 17 avril 2010, 06:57:32 am »
Oh. So, by that does he mean that it will be an option in a future patch or that it can currently be edited via a file? I am almost certain that my computer could handle a 1/1 scale, but if it's not possible then oh well.

Hors ligne Darsh

• Chevalier HistWar
  • Général de Brigade
  • 1re Division de Cavalerie
Re : Re : Is it possible to...
« Réponse #6 le: 17 avril 2010, 14:41:45 pm »
No, it is not yet possible but I remember that JMM said that getting down to 1/5 scale should be possible. After I guess one reach the computer limits

I thnik that any modern average computer could support the 1:1 scale with perhaps shorter men.