Auteur Sujet: Downloads at www.guggs.de  (Lu 5571 fois)

Hors ligne Mikesla

• Soldat
Downloads at www.guggs.de
« le: 15 avril 2010, 03:08:57 am »

Hi.

I live in Canada, and I have a dial-up connection.

I cannot download any file which is above 1.4 megs in size.

I have tried using Firefox, then Windows explorer, then using a download manager...all with the same results.

Does this site have a download cap? If so, perhaps having someone other than myself ask the moderator to increase the cap, or have a look at all the files on it's server...perhaps they are corrupt.

Thanks.

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
Re : Downloads at www.guggs.de
« Réponse #1 le: 15 avril 2010, 15:02:02 pm »
It's probably your ISP, not many out there with dial up anymore. Firefox is notorious for having problems with certain sites downloading files, it has a built in download manager that some sites don't like.  I'd make sure your browser setting allow the Guggs site with no restrictions as a trusted site, you can so this in tools/options in IE8. Really though you can get some pretty low cost deals on Cable/DSL Hope this helps

Hors ligne Hook

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateurs
  • Général de Brigade
« Réponse #2 le: 15 avril 2010, 15:21:32 pm »
Most people who are using dialup are doing so because no other options exist where they live.  You'll see me on dialup more often than I'd prefer because my satellite Internet will take a break once in a while, and if there was *anything* else I'd be on it.

I ran across a problem with one download site, not guggs.de, that apparently had a 7 minute limit.  If you didn't have your file in 7 minutes, it cut you off.  In cases like that, the best you can hope for is that the site has resumed download support and a good download manager will help;  you can download the file in 7 minute increments.

If you live somewhere that doesn't have broadband, you have a few options.  It's possible, though unlikely, that you can find an Internet cafe or public wifi hot spot.  You may have a friend with broadband who can download a file and burn it to CD for you, or even transfer it to a USB drive.  When all else fails, check the local library, which usually has good Internet access, and ask about downloading a file. 

Good luck!

Hook

Hors ligne zu Pferd

• Colonel
    • [IMG]http://i59.tinypic.com/20f5jja.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i59.tinypic.com/20f5jja.jpg[/IMG]
« Réponse #3 le: 25 avril 2010, 21:05:18 pm »
Mikesla, I also live in Canada, I can mail u all downloads that you need
send address and the list you wish to download.

Regards

zu Pferd
`` Non ridere, non lugere, neque detestari, sed inteligere``
Spinoza

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
« Réponse #4 le: 25 avril 2010, 21:08:59 pm »
Hook, you're spot on. I was at a client's house a few weeks ago and the only High Speed they could get was Satellite

Hors ligne spec10

• Officier d'HistWar
  • Lieutenant
    • HistWar: Les Grognards unofficial File Depot
« Réponse #5 le: 27 avril 2010, 15:19:57 pm »
Does this site have a download cap? If so, perhaps having someone other than myself ask the moderator to increase the cap, or have a look at all the files on it's server...perhaps they are corrupt.

Sorry for the late reply, this thread somehow slipped through under my radar. Unfortunately the only information I can add to this thread is that there is no server side cap or anything similar. You're the first person reporting this kind of problem :(