Auteur Sujet: Divisions? Brigades?  (Lu 3625 fois)

amrcg

• Invité
Divisions? Brigades?
« le: 13 avril 2010, 03:27:35 am »
The manual mentions orders at Division and Brigade level, but there seems to be no such thing in the game. Is this true?

Regards,
A. Grilo

Hors ligne Franciscus

• Colonel
Re : Divisions? Brigades?
« Réponse #1 le: 13 avril 2010, 03:41:01 am »
Not quite...
The game is /was designed with the "big picture" in mind, meaning that your main interaction with your units should be through your Corps Commanders (in the smaller scenarios they can be Division commanders, really)

But...
You can detach and/or give fairly specific orders to each single unit (which in the larger OOB represent a brigade, in the smaller ones a regiment). It is also possible to give orders to a Division (ie, a group of 2 or more brigades), by clicking on the commander's name that appears when you click an individual unit. Nevertheless this last function is not working well.

Other related things that are not yet implemented are the sublevels of AI between the "grand tactical" and the "Regimental", a reactive "grand tactical AI" (ie, the Ai sticks to an initial plan and allways leaves a Corps guarding her LOP, for instance) and the possibility to take command of a single corps or division in an army commanded by the AI.

Regards

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
« Réponse #2 le: 13 avril 2010, 14:38:59 pm »
Amreg, there was an in depth discussion of this topic already, in fact most of the questions you have asked in other threads have already been discussed, if you use the "Search" feature above, you will find a lot of answers. Hope this helps, here is the thread on the Divisional Control discussion.

http://www.histwar.org/forum/index.php/topic,4361.0.html

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Réponse #3 le: 13 avril 2010, 14:49:38 pm »
The manual mentions orders at Division and Brigade level
I nearly sure it also says this feature is for the future - not in the current release, but I'm unable to find the page in the manual right now.

amrcg

• Invité
« Réponse #4 le: 13 avril 2010, 16:20:59 pm »
Gunner24, you are right. There is a small note after the description of the divisional order options.

Anyway, the manual does not explain very well the "Division" commander feature. I had already noticed that a kind of grouping below corps was in place (I noticed this through the highlighting of units), but since the user guide is silent about it, I though it was only a coincidence.
This makes me very optimistic regarding the future introduction of Divisonal orders. In fact a complete hierarchical AI command system seems to be very difficult to implement and I can understand why it was not introduced in the first release of the game. Orders given/received by humans are very flexible, varied and command intent interpretation is often subjective. To coordinate AI orders hierarchically so that the resultant behavior appears to be human is very hard.

Anyway, in its current state LG is already the best Napoleonic simulator.  And I am happy that it was already released even with some of the desired features still not implemented.

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
« Réponse #5 le: 14 avril 2010, 15:54:58 pm »
In fact, right now if you give a divisional order wierd thing happen so don't use it untill it's been patched