Auteur Sujet: Considering to Purchase  (Lu 3314 fois)

Hors ligne jhdeerslayer

• Soldat
Considering to Purchase
« le: 25 mars 2010, 14:40:09 pm »
The usual question from somebody sitting on the fence.  I played the latest demo and not sure what version of the demo it was patched to.  I can certainly see the attention to detail and the potential but the demo left me wondering where the current game is and whether I should consider.  The sounds were terrible in the demo I felt (MG42 style firing sounds) and just some other generally less than polished things went on.

Anyway, any comments about current status of the real game and especially with the 01B patch being out?

Hors ligne JCM101

• Capitaine
Re : Considering to Purchase
« Réponse #1 le: 25 mars 2010, 22:26:12 pm »
Actual release with new 01b patch very much better than either demo.
Battles much more hard-fought, some gfx & sfx issues fixed, the gun-fire has improved but it isn't up to the standard set by the multi $million studios (for obvious reasons).  I am more happy with this aspect of it now than previously.  New smoke fx are good.

I can honestly say its improving as a game & as a work of art.  Mods & future effort will make all the difference to the 'cosmetic' side I think.
I have played a couple of new & 'beautiful' RTSs lately & was wowed by the sfx & gfx but the gameplay just isn't there.  I definitely won't be buying them...
I know with this game I will always get the gameplay & the rest will follow in due course.

Hors ligne jhdeerslayer

• Soldat
Re : Re : Considering to Purchase
« Réponse #2 le: 29 mars 2010, 17:44:43 pm »
Actual release with new 01b patch very much better than either demo.
Battles much more hard-fought, some gfx & sfx issues fixed, the gun-fire has improved but it isn't up to the standard set by the multi $million studios (for obvious reasons).  I am more happy with this aspect of it now than previously.  New smoke fx are good.

I can honestly say its improving as a game & as a work of art.  Mods & future effort will make all the difference to the 'cosmetic' side I think.
I have played a couple of new & 'beautiful' RTSs lately & was wowed by the sfx & gfx but the gameplay just isn't there.  I definitely won't be buying them...
I know with this game I will always get the gameplay & the rest will follow in due course.

Thank you sir.  It is just a matter of time before I buy this I have no doubt.

Hors ligne JFG

• Lieutenant
« Réponse #3 le: 29 mars 2010, 20:05:07 pm »
The demo 1 had some drawbacks and bugs and have been considerably improved since the demo 2 (only access to those who pre-ordered), then the release + Patches 01a and 01b.

Anyway, If I well remember this demo 1 (so long ago, I mean 3 months :D), it was sufficient just to have an idea of the concepts of this game (i.e. not the same concepts as ETW/NTW ones for example ;)).

So, if you agree with this concept, I think that you may buy on trust the current version even if it remains some imperfections but that do not prevent you from playing.

At least, it is my opinion ...

PS : I think that JMM will update the demo but up to now, the priority was put on the release. So I don't know when it will be done.

Hors ligne Darsh

• Chevalier HistWar
  • Général de Brigade
  • 1re Division de Cavalerie
« Réponse #4 le: 29 mars 2010, 20:54:20 pm »
Much better than the first demo and it'll be only the beginning.

Histwar must be buy only for this unique approach of the strategy game and his montruous pontential with the futur patch/mods and extentions.