Auteur Sujet: Corps-level retreat orders  (Lu 3146 fois)

Hors ligne EarlofWarwick

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Lieutenant
Corps-level retreat orders
« le: 23 mars 2010, 21:32:35 pm »
I'm loving this game! One concern, though:

I am fighting a battle against  a slightly larger force of Austrians and I am pretty well holding my own. Both of my corps commanders, however, seem to have issued a retreat order, and most of the battalions are streaming back towards my line of communications entry point. Neither of my lines of communications seem to be threatened, so a wide scale retreat does not strike me as warranted.  The white-coats have approached one of them, but they are still far away from the wagons.

What would account for this?

Am I doing something wrong? Has anyone else experienced this?

"Festino lente."

--Caesar Augustus

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
Re : Corps-level retreat orders
« Réponse #1 le: 23 mars 2010, 21:36:30 pm »
Are you playing solo or pbem?

Hors ligne Smokehammer

• Caporal
« Réponse #2 le: 24 mars 2010, 00:40:02 am »
I've see corps do this in PBEM games whilst they're winning enagaements. It seems to happen if a lot of units are starting to get low morale and the corps is in 'danger'.

Hors ligne Hook

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateurs
  • Général de Brigade
« Réponse #3 le: 24 mars 2010, 00:41:16 am »
Occasionally one or more corps will order a temporary retreat to regroup.  They generally get right back in the action, but sometimes they can retreat completely off the map.  

If neither of your corps commanders has a status if "army rout" you should be in good shape.  Just make sure they don't retreat too far, because anyone who makes it off the map is considered lost.  If it appears the corps is going to retreat off the map, issue it new orders, and you can give orders to individual units to keep them from leaving if they get too close to the map edge.

Let us know how it turned out.

Oh... and this happens in single player too.

Hook

Hors ligne EarlofWarwick

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Lieutenant
Re : Re : Corps-level retreat orders
« Réponse #4 le: 24 mars 2010, 01:55:26 am »
That's what happened: I ordered each Corps commander to rally troops and then issued new defensive line orders. That seemed to help.

But now my games don't seem to be saving on exit. ???

Otherwise a great experience.  I'm getting the hang of it, I think.

Occasionally one or more corps will order a temporary retreat to regroup.  They generally get right back in the action, but sometimes they can retreat completely off the map.  

If neither of your corps commanders has a status if "army rout" you should be in good shape.  Just make sure they don't retreat too far, because anyone who makes it off the map is considered lost.  If it appears the corps is going to retreat off the map, issue it new orders, and you can give orders to individual units to keep them from leaving if they get too close to the map edge.

Let us know how it turned out.

Oh... and this happens in single player too.

Hook

"Festino lente."

--Caesar Augustus

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
« Réponse #5 le: 24 mars 2010, 02:55:24 am »
As I tell everyone , it's like learning to drive all over again, hard, but once you've done it you can't live without it!!!!!!!!!!!!