Auteur Sujet: Strange orders behaviour in Campaign sized PBEM  (Lu 8308 fois)

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
Re : Strange orders behaviour in Campaign sized PBEM
« Réponse #15 le: 15 mars 2010, 18:01:51 pm »
Thanks for the confirmation Hook, I have seen all the things you report - often.

I have many PBEM games on the go and all the things you mention are happening in all of them.....the ones in standard basic conscript mode work almost perfect, but even in those (like you say) I have seen the odd orders problems.

Best stick to conscript mode for now.

Hors ligne Hook

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateurs
  • Général de Brigade
Re : Strange orders behavior in Campaign sized PBEM
« Réponse #16 le: 15 mars 2010, 19:10:34 pm »
why the weird F8 and the CinC continuously going to the Tavern?

The orders in the F8 screen might show a very strange location at first, but they usually sort themselves out after a short time.  I've had more problems with the order destination being in a wrong but completely valid place after giving an order.  I usually give new orders in that case.  It's almost as if the corps AI has changed my order.  It was a reasonable order, but not the one I wanted.

The only time I saw the CinC go to the map edge is after he'd been near the fighting.  He acted like he was a normal unit that had gotten attacked and was trying to leave the field.

Hook

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
Re : Strange orders behaviour in Campaign sized PBEM
« Réponse #17 le: 15 mars 2010, 21:27:19 pm »
Now that you mention it those weird orders in F8 do seem realistic for AI, it's almost as though AI is trying to give advice on what it would do