Auteur Sujet: Trouble After Patching  (Lu 6461 fois)

Hors ligne Bis

• Caporal
Trouble After Patching
« le: 11 mars 2010, 01:36:29 am »
After installing the patch, I'm unable to access the orders menu on the 2D screen.  The counters for the tutorials are also different from the first version.  Should I uninstall?  Can I download again?

Hors ligne Bis

• Caporal
Re : Trouble After Patching
« Réponse #1 le: 11 mars 2010, 02:42:48 am »
OK, I found the problem but it's odd.  When I open the tutorials now, I'm playing Allies,  How did this happen and how do I switch back?

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
« Réponse #2 le: 11 mars 2010, 03:13:53 am »
In the main menu click solo mode and at the top change to Command Grand Armee

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
« Réponse #3 le: 11 mars 2010, 03:26:47 am »
Bis, sorry I was busy right then. When you have changed to Grand Armee click Main menu then Tutorials.

A word of advice. When your starting out, explore every new screen you come to, click on all the options, you can't do any harm and you learn a lot.  Play those tutorials a lot and I mean a lot.  HLG is so deep it's like learning how to drive for the first time but in the end it is so rewarding.

Hors ligne General_Chasse

• Lieutenant
« Réponse #4 le: 11 mars 2010, 09:05:52 am »
I made a scenario which had little or no Allied army and a full blown Grand Armee with every corps I could find.
Then I started manoevering, observing order delays, seeing what right and left echelon does, observing how linking up works for the corps, what it means to have 25% or 50% reserve, etc.
All without the trouble of being pestered by the Czar.

It was really helpful.
Lord Uxbridge: As I am second in command and in case anything should happen to you, what are your plans?
Duke of Wellington: To beat the French.

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
« Réponse #5 le: 11 mars 2010, 15:31:29 pm »
General, a wise decision.  I think many who have just purchased the game try to rush into fighting a full blown battle, I know initially I did too.  When I realized I was in over my head, I went back to the beginning and started to experiment.
I would spend hours in the tutorials, ignoring the instructions and deploying and redeploying Corps in all their different Order possibilities. I was amazed where some of my defensive lines would go and the difference deploying on echelon would make etc...

I think some of the posts about game anomalies, are just that the user hasn't learned how to drive the "Stick Shift"

Hors ligne Broadsword

• Capitaine
Re : Re : Trouble After Patching
« Réponse #6 le: 11 mars 2010, 17:35:42 pm »
I made a scenario which had little or no Allied army and a full blown Grand Armee with every corps I could find.
Then I started manoevering, observing order delays, seeing what right and left echelon does, observing how linking up works for the corps, what it means to have 25% or 50% reserve, etc.
All without the trouble of being pestered by the Czar.

It was really helpful.
Some sort of walkthrough or tutorial with screenshots of this would be a huge help in making this great game more accessible to its target audience. I'm still pretty clueless, but maybe the community will eventually develop something like this...

Hors ligne Hook

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateurs
  • Général de Brigade
« Réponse #7 le: 11 mars 2010, 17:57:27 pm »
Some sort of walkthrough or tutorial with screenshots of this would be a huge help in making this great game more accessible to its target audience. I'm still pretty clueless, but maybe the community will eventually develop something like this...

You can do pretty much the same thing in tutorial 3.  It's not often that the Allied forces decide to attack.  And it gives you someone to play with should you want to experiment with attacking.

Hook

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
« Réponse #8 le: 11 mars 2010, 18:02:34 pm »
And Hook, I did a lot of FOW and Marker etc.. in tutorial 3.  I still go back there now and again to try experiments etc....
Hey you want a PBEM with Marker, you spend so much of your time putting us all on the right track, that you don't get any fun yourself

Hors ligne Hook

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateurs
  • Général de Brigade
« Réponse #9 le: 11 mars 2010, 18:41:01 pm »
And Hook, I did a lot of FOW and Marker etc.. in tutorial 3.  I still go back there now and again to try experiments etc....
Hey you want a PBEM with Marker, you spend so much of your time putting us all on the right track, that you don't get any fun yourself

All the tutorials are good for experimentation.  It just depends on what level you want to experiment. 

I'm a little PBEM'd out at the moment, waiting for a new test version.  But thanks for asking.

Marker is probably my least favorite mode.  If information is set to precise, you can get all the same information as you would in Conscript by moving the mouse over an enemy unit.  Setting information to vague at least gives you blank unit info cards, which probably needs to be done if you're using marker anyway.  Probably better to set information to vague and keep the normal icons.

And you can always see where all the enemy troops are.   This is really the only reason to play with fog of war for visibility... giving the two sides the ability to "hide" forces from the enemy until they're used.  I've found that with a bit of recon you can either find out where all the enemy is, or can guess pretty closely.

I play both Conscript and Grognard, mostly to get a change of pace.  My battle plans don't change enough  to matter no  matter which mode I'm playing. 

Hook

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Réponse #10 le: 11 mars 2010, 23:45:13 pm »
I've found that with a bit of recon you can either find out where all the enemy is, or can guess pretty closely.
I agree with this, even with a full FOW there is only so many places the "enemy" can be.  It is a little different if using a BIG map and a very small OOB, then true FOW takes on a different meaning - you may never find each other.  On a normal map with a big OOB you are not going to be too long before you bump into each other !.

I'm a little PBEM'd out at the moment, waiting for a new test version
This sounds good.  The PBEM is proving very popular and we are very eager to get it into operation, with FOW working better - along with the MP as well.

Hors ligne Bis

• Caporal
Re : Re : Trouble After Patching
« Réponse #11 le: 12 mars 2010, 01:21:57 am »
Bis, sorry I was busy right then. When you have changed to Grand Armee click Main menu then Tutorials.

A word of advice. When your starting out, explore every new screen you come to, click on all the options, you can't do any harm and you learn a lot.  Play those tutorials a lot and I mean a lot.  HLG is so deep it's like learning how to drive for the first time but in the end it is so rewarding.

Thanks guys.

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
« Réponse #12 le: 12 mars 2010, 01:33:24 am »
Bis, Listen to Hook and Gunner24, these two guys really know their stuff.