Auteur Sujet: Official bad revue for NTW  (Lu 3400 fois)

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
Official bad revue for NTW
« le: 10 mars 2010, 16:00:07 pm »
I have just read my sons "Game Informer " magazine. They have done a review on NTW. The main reviewer, Matt, basically loves the game but even he admits that the AI is so bad, that in his words, they better fix it  "Before they compromise the Franchises integrity"

The Second Opinion reviewer, Adam, is even more scathing about AI, he states "I don't know how much longer my tolerance for the constant bugs and AI issues, that have plagued this series, will last".

Makes our little complaints about HLG seem insignificant and should reinforce just what a fantastic creation JMM and his team have engineered.

I emailed both of these gentleman and explained that as a war gamer, I had discovered the ultimate Napoleonic simulation.  I extolled the virtues of JMM's beloved game, especially the AI (we don't think it's perfect yet but apparently it's a thousandfold better than NTW's) and pointed them to our web site to learn more.      

Here is the link to their review

http://gameinformer.com/games/napoleon_total_war/b/pc/archive/2010/02/23/review.aspx

JMM, the enemy is on his heels, get the next patch up and start doing some marketing.  Their left flank is retreating and their center wavering. It's time for a General Advance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

Moved discussion by Montecuccoli from Announcements

This is not an announcement concerning the game, it is more an opinion on a different; maybe related game 
;)

« Modifié: 10 mars 2010, 16:22:39 pm par Montecuccoli »

Hors ligne spec10

• Officier d'HistWar
  • Lieutenant
    • HistWar: Les Grognards unofficial File Depot
Re : Official bad revue for NTW
« Réponse #1 le: 10 mars 2010, 16:09:20 pm »
NTW and ETW have very nice graphics, animations and stuff like that, but they lack more important things. One of the biggest problems I have with those games is, that the battles are far too small. They don't give you the feeling of what was going on in that era. HWLG does that much better. HWLG is a Simulation whereas NTW and ETW are just games :)

Hors ligne General_Chasse

• Lieutenant
« Réponse #2 le: 10 mars 2010, 16:25:26 pm »
I find myself playing in F2-view most of the time, so graphics, schmaphics.
Lord Uxbridge: As I am second in command and in case anything should happen to you, what are your plans?
Duke of Wellington: To beat the French.

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
« Réponse #3 le: 10 mars 2010, 16:56:25 pm »
Sorry once again Monte, I was just trying to find the right place to put it.  Maybe you could put it in the "General Discussions" of the other languages too.

Hors ligne Montecuccoli

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateur
  • Colonel
Re : Re : Official bad revue for NTW
« Réponse #4 le: 10 mars 2010, 21:30:58 pm »
Sorry once again Monte, I was just trying to find the right place to put it.  Maybe you could put it in the "General Discussions" of the other languages too.

No problem at all  :mrgreen:
Histwar beta tester