Auteur Sujet: the most frustrating thing known to man!  (Lu 3022 fois)

Hors ligne Markwooda

• Lieutenant
the most frustrating thing known to man!
« le: 06 mars 2010, 12:40:24 pm »
I've just been playing a small battle with the french drawn up in a defensive line, with a battery of horse artillary extremely exposed on the defensive line. A choice target for a detached cavalry unit I think - could I attack it, could I hell!

I tried in 2D mode, 3D mode and everything and still orders were ignored by several units. It was only once the belonging Corps started to retreat and it's status changed back to normal that I was able to destroy it. Which was bloody annoying due already flanking the damn thing and getting in it rear.  Does anybody know if this is a acknowledeged bug?

Also I had some Horse Artillary that had been shot up a bit, but although functioning, when I wanted to move it it remained in the same spot for the rest of the game. I think this might be because the horses and limbers have been damaged, it kind of makes sense, ut I'm not a hundred percent certain.

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
Re : the most frustrating thing known to man!
« Réponse #1 le: 06 mars 2010, 14:16:18 pm »
I'd post the save file and report on Redmine. JMM wants to know about these things.  I've had some similar problems with attack orders on artillery being ignored, I did post it, you should post yours.  What was the artillery units name?

Hors ligne JCM101

• Capitaine
« Réponse #2 le: 08 mars 2010, 21:18:58 pm »
I've had similar experiences & reported it.  AFAIK JMM is working on fixing these incidents of illogical troop behaviour. 

The issue of a patch for the early demo addressed some similar previous AI problems so it is fixable &  shouldn't be long before it gets ironed out.

Hors ligne Markwooda

• Lieutenant
« Réponse #3 le: 08 mars 2010, 22:08:59 pm »
Thats good to know and thanks, because I'm not quite sure how to report stuff and upload files etc.

Hors ligne General_Chasse

• Lieutenant
« Réponse #4 le: 10 mars 2010, 12:53:40 pm »
I had similar things - I scored a marginal victory at Montebello (60.000 Frenchies of mine left, against 45.000 Allied), yet I wanted to continue to mop everything up, as I had a nice "hockeystick" setup of my Army in the valley, with the curved part in the south ready to flank and destroy the Allied center.
This curved part consisted of several corps, who did not at all respond to my deployment orders. Closer inspection revealed that the regiments were "attacking units" but there were no enemy units in the vicinity (they were more up north, about >2.000m).

To my dismay, my army reduced to 50.000 because the flanking manoever never happened, and the battle outcome became indecisive.

This was all in conscript mode, as I am learning the ropes - I thought maybe I was doing something wrong, but reading the previous posts, it might be some sort of bug. Or maybe I still am doing something wrong :)
Lord Uxbridge: As I am second in command and in case anything should happen to you, what are your plans?
Duke of Wellington: To beat the French.