Auteur Sujet: to JMM: Modding questions  (Lu 19137 fois)

MadRussian

• Invité
Re : to JMM: Modding questions
« Réponse #15 le: 29 juillet 2010, 22:53:54 pm »
I want bigger trees on the 10K and up Maps, ??  is there a file the (C:\HistWarGames\HistWar\Constante ) folder that controls that, or is the size hard coded. 

thanks

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
    • http://www.histwar.com
« Réponse #16 le: 30 juillet 2010, 00:39:15 am »
Hard coded.
I can add a scale factor to modify the trees dimension.

JMM

MadRussian

• Invité
« Réponse #17 le: 02 août 2010, 00:17:14 am »
Sorry for late response, don’t have 24/7 internet,  :shock:

That would be nice thanks. I Need to come up with a long list of questions and post.

MadRussian

• Invité
« Réponse #18 le: 30 août 2010, 02:45:04 am »
I’m still trying to make a long question list but here 2 quick ones..

1.    Is it possible to change the underling color of the forest areas.

2.    Is possible to paint some grass color over the ( 00b.dds base grass file) on tiles next to water.  Currently it looks like no color is added so the raw color of the 00b.dss is only shown. I think those areas would look better with some color added.

Thanks

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
    • http://www.histwar.com
« Réponse #19 le: 30 août 2010, 16:41:41 pm »
Hi

Could you send the long question list because I am going to work on the ground during this month.
The present system was designed 8 years ago and I would like to modify a bit to get a better result.

If needed and possible, I can take account your different requests in order  to simplify the mods about the ground.

JMM

1) yes, it's possible but the algorithm is a bit complex; the best is to wait for a new implementation
2) not for this version... but it will be possible with the new design

MadRussian

• Invité
« Réponse #20 le: 17 septembre 2010, 02:21:50 am »
Some ideas or questions or thoughts I had were based on the current map rendering system so not knowing the corrections you will adapt,  I will ask only some of them.

* In game Mode I never see Crops, only see them in the map maker, can we fix.

* Tree shadows are sometime on and sometimes off, anyway to have them always on .  When off tree look to be floating.

* Is it possible to have the 03b.dds graphic randomly spin 0, 90, 180 or 270 before it renders on the map. This will break up any pattern effect.

* Any plans to add some bush files.

* Separate the reflection effects from rivers and lakes and have each render slightly different. Also with lakes maybe is it possible to render them similar to way streams are done. No gravel and high grass around the edges.

* MaraisB.dds has 2 graphics but only 1 renders.

Last question for now deals with  battlefield map size. Each map renders the map differently, 6k Renders Bigger  graphics to smallest with campaign. Is there anyway to make all maps draw to the same the portion.  I think the campaign map renders the best over all scale (except for the small Forest tree size). Is there anyway to have a preference checkable box, so I can get all the maps (6k, 10k, 15k, campaign) to draw the same scale. Example would be so people who like the way the 6k map renders the graphics can check that as there preference and all the maps render to that scale. Or people like me can check the campaign size and all the maps sizes render to that scale.

Thanks
« Modifié: 17 septembre 2010, 03:33:05 am par MadRussian »

Hors ligne Andrea

• Lieutenant
« Réponse #21 le: 13 novembre 2010, 18:41:12 pm »
Just one thought about modding developement. I refer to modding as the possibility to influence a unit behaviour, now we have the Doctrine Editor, I ask if with the coming of the Brits Expansion there will be an addiction in the AI mechanics in order to realize new tactics such the Revers Slope... or the new unit behavior can be completely modeled using the Doctrine Editor.

Again thinking about the coming of new scenarios involving the Brits I think it would be great to model villages and fortifications, for example I think about an historical construction of Hougomont, is it possible to create an object with 3dmax studio and introduce it in the game with the Map Editor?

Another question about unit creation : is it possible to change the value ("poor", "good", etcetera) of a unit? And how can I decide the morale of a unit starting a battle?
A final thought about unit editing : what are the features that influence a unit quality? I understand that unit type and value are the features that make a unit better or worse than another

best regards
Andrea