Auteur Sujet: Wow...Very impressed and overjoyed!  (Lu 3037 fois)

Hors ligne kondor999

• Soldat
Wow...Very impressed and overjoyed!
« le: 07 mars 2010, 12:08:42 pm »
I just happened across this wargame, and I just can't believe my good luck.  What an incredible piece of work this appears to be.  I have literally been waiting since 1988 - when SSI's 'Battles of Napoleon' was published - for a game like this.

In that time, I've certainly enjoyed a few Napoleonic computer wargames (The Talonsoft series especially), but nothing like this.  Thanks so much to the developers.

One quick question:  I'm assuming that once you complete the  tutorials, then more game modes become available?  As it is, I see no scenarios other than the aforementioned tutorials.

Lastly - while I do enjoy Napoleon: Total War's "Hollywood" take on things, it's nothing compared to this game.  It's so refreshing to see a serious Napoleonic wargame at last.

Hors ligne Hook

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateurs
  • Général de Brigade
Re : Wow...Very impressed and overjoyed!
« Réponse #1 le: 07 mars 2010, 12:45:07 pm »
If you mean the demo, it has the battle of Montebello.  Select the Montebello map and the Montebello orders of battle.  I think you have to select these separately by clicking on the menu items.

You can play either side in Montebello and change the game options as you wish.

Hook

Hors ligne kondor999

• Soldat
« Réponse #2 le: 07 mars 2010, 22:40:20 pm »
No, I meant the full release.  Initially, you can only choose the tutorials or multiplayer.

Can someone clarify if that's normal?

Hors ligne Hook

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateurs
  • Général de Brigade
« Réponse #3 le: 07 mars 2010, 22:46:45 pm »
We've seen a rare bug where sometimes the first time you run the game you don't get all the menu options.  Are you getting the other options after running it again?

Hook

Hors ligne kondor999

• Soldat
« Réponse #4 le: 09 mars 2010, 00:42:25 am »
Yes, the option for solo play appeared upon running it again and hasn't reappeared.

Man , what a game.  I know there are some bugs, but please keep at it.  Very impressive - I've been telling everyone I know.