Auteur Sujet: Artillary Not Seeming to do anything on the defensive line  (Lu 3495 fois)

Hors ligne Markwooda

• Lieutenant
Artillary Not Seeming to do anything on the defensive line
« le: 28 février 2010, 22:20:03 pm »
Artillary when positioned forward on the defensive line does not seem to do anything even when enemy units are in close proximity, but saying that neither do the enemy do anything to them either.

Is this an animation bug and actually the correct calculations are going on in the background? Only it is bloody frustrating watching a enemy unit directly in front of artillary not firing.

Hors ligne Count von Csollich

• Officier HistWar
  • Colonel
Re : Artillary Not Seeming to do anything on the defensive line
« Réponse #1 le: 01 mars 2010, 00:17:40 am »
Have you deployed these guns in the initial deployment phase or during the game?...
what I mean is: Have you given the defence order to your corps, to which these inactive guns belong, before the battle started or afterwards?

CvC
"parcere subiectis et debellare superbos", Vergil

Hors ligne Markwooda

• Lieutenant
« Réponse #2 le: 01 mars 2010, 09:11:09 am »
I've deployed the guns before the game starts running - why does it make a difference?

Hors ligne Markwooda

• Lieutenant
« Réponse #3 le: 01 mars 2010, 10:04:36 am »
I've just tried deploying the defensive line after the game started and it made a massive difference, with cannon letting fly all over the place! I guess that works, but why can't you deploy a defensive line before hand?

anyway thanks for the tip, because that really works.

Hors ligne Hook

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateurs
  • Général de Brigade
« Réponse #4 le: 01 mars 2010, 16:05:39 pm »
I just ran some tests on this and there's a definite problem.  I reported it as a bug.

The problem happens during initial deployment when you give an order to deploy on defensive line and the units immediately jump to their defensive positions.   When this happens you might want to cancel the order (in the F7 Orders screen), detach the artillery from the corps, give the order again, place your artillery by hand, unlimber them, then reattach them to the corps (see below).  Yeah, it's a bit of a pain, but it will eventually be fixed.  If the units don't instantly jump to defensive positions, everything works normally.

Hook
« Modifié: 01 mars 2010, 17:31:06 pm par Hook »

• Officier HistWar
  • Colonel
« Réponse #5 le: 01 mars 2010, 16:54:24 pm »
Thanks Hook!

because I kept seeing the same thing, and thought I was barking mad...(glad I'm not after all :mrgreen:)

CvC

Hors ligne Hook

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateurs
  • Général de Brigade
« Réponse #6 le: 01 mars 2010, 17:30:25 pm »
There are other weirdnesses as well.

I suggest if the units want to jump directly to defensive line positions, you cancel the order and give a new one with a delay to be executed a few minutes into the battle.

Hook

• Officier HistWar
  • Colonel
« Réponse #7 le: 01 mars 2010, 17:51:00 pm »
Hey Hook!  8)

Nice idea...in full grognard mod however...I have already tried this some time ago (having one of my brighter moments  ;))...and the corps commanders didn't carry out my orders, dunno why..only delayed the orders for about 15 min...so...stuck again... :mrgreen:

CvC
« Modifié: 01 mars 2010, 17:52:40 pm par Count von Csollich »

Hors ligne Hook

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateurs
  • Général de Brigade
« Réponse #8 le: 01 mars 2010, 18:19:29 pm »
I just tried it with a 1 minute delay and it worked.  Was Conscript mode though.  I give the order during the initial deployment phase, so it should work.  I'll try some more tests.

Hook