Auteur Sujet: Markkleeberg 50CEH Scenario  (Lu 3799 fois)

Hors ligne zu Pferd

• Colonel
    • [IMG]http://i59.tinypic.com/20f5jja.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i59.tinypic.com/20f5jja.jpg[/IMG]
Markkleeberg 50CEH Scenario
« le: 20 février 2010, 18:40:56 pm »
Hello,

I've designed another 50 CEH scenario for the Community.
I've played it out until game crashed while I was micromanaging both sides.
I have a replay file, however I'm not sure if you can look at it without all the scenario files in your computers.
(not being very bright when it comes to understanding how programs work in a computer   :lol:)

10 Km map....same larger Battle : Leipzig     scenario name Markleeburg
The map can accommodate also  a scenario around Wachau and Liebertwolkwitz together.  I have a rough OOB for this one
but I'm not even going to try to build it yet.  The Map is free for all you Gentleman of the Community so you
can build your own OOB  and share possibily with me if you run into a Nazfiger OOB or any other of the Great Ones :p

Not having the Prussians is not a problem because at the moment it is not a Historical Scenario...
I have added more Austrians to replace the Prussians....The Tzar commands and we obey!

I have seen the usual 2D 3D bug  units not being in the same place and time.
as well as  :

Grenz Artillery in the river unlimbering and opening fire in 3d   in 2d on solid ground on the bank of the river

Austrian Infantry units  advancing across a wooden bridge fight it out with Polish Infantry and retreating not over
the bridge but through the river: the backward step retreat  and not able to climb the opposite bank of the river were
destroyed by artillery fire...no splash explosions in the water but the ones that go off on the ground.

Deployment flags prevent proper disposition for the French  so March order to the heights is required
I tried Defend in line on the south edge of the slope and I didn't see it happen for either French Division.
I hope this feature of the game can be fixed  as it makes it hard to draw historical map.

Over all after the 1hr delayed March Order to the Allies  is over things move along :  I set orders for both sides
so I'm not sure how the AI would deal with it.  ....there is the old stand by 'RIVER' obstacle on the West map edge.
I will try later on a Player Vs AI version of the battle both sides to see at what point I can save the OOB file for
initial disposition as well due to the ...deployment Flag area (gray shaded area)

If any one is interested in this replay file : its in the link below (apologies its Uploading.com again) If it can be viewed of course...

http://uploading.com/files/657fa4bf/Markkleeberg-100220-07H45.sav/

If it doesn't work the way I think things work  I'll post all files as well

CHEERS :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

`` Non ridere, non lugere, neque detestari, sed inteligere``
Spinoza

Hors ligne nix

• Officier d'HistWar
  • Chef de Bataillon
Re : Markkleeberg 50CEH Scenario
« Réponse #1 le: 22 février 2010, 13:18:06 pm »
Hi just downloaded your sav file. It does play back as 'view a saved video' without the map and OoB files  :D (I think they are only needed if you want to load a game and resume playing). Nice map and game, the mist makes it very atmospheric!.

I hadnt seen the ? marks in the unit cards on the F2 view before. Were you in grognard mode? I notice that at the same time the rollover unit cards info did tell you what the  blank cards were and as the troops came into contact the little squares did identify themselves as inf , cav or artill on the map so I guess this is by design perhaps related to the fog? Nice

The retreat of the austrians across the bridge was odd they were walking in the air at the level of the bridge but over the water so the program must think they are still on the bridge hence the artill dust bursts rather than splashes.

The F2, F3 separations of the positions only seem to be a few feet but it does lead to these oddities with the battery deployeed in the river a few feet from dry land.

As I played it back I changed sides a few times to look at the F8 view to see the orders the troops on both sides were following, this is a nice feature! Just before the end I used F7 and looked at the statistics at that point: it tells you all the info you would get if the battle had ended properly at that point....Well done look forward to the 'published' map and OoB :smile:

Hors ligne zu Pferd

• Colonel
    • [IMG]http://i59.tinypic.com/20f5jja.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i59.tinypic.com/20f5jja.jpg[/IMG]
Re : Markkleeberg 50CEH Scenario
« Réponse #2 le: 23 février 2010, 06:46:12 am »
Hello Nix,

a few oddities indeed. The fog is a nice feature in the game, I wish JMM would program it to lift after say
10 am that would be a nice effect. ( I saw it in the Jena Documentary)

The other odd thing is that after the game crashed, I could not get it to play again.... :cry:
I've re-written it and now its a full 50CEH both sides. It seems I was overloading the map with too many
things. The new map is a little leaner and the the gameplay is smoother.
I'll publish the map and OoB and send in the replay file.

Its not the full battle of Wachau-Liebertwolkwitz  the Prussians are missing.
I switched liberally (for the view)from playing easy to regular level, after I realized what a great plan the Strategic AI
was setting in motion. French in defense along the ridges from Markkleeburg to Liebertwolkwits.
French weak in the Cavalry arm but the whole of Pahlen's division is in play....Schwarzenberg against Augereau.
Schwarzenberg exploiting nicely the weakness in the French Left, while attempting to pin Victor's 6th Division (on the left)
Large cannonade and artillery battle, eventually I started micromanaging because the French refused left flank
was in real danger of collapsing.

On the right the Bulk of the Austrians on the opposite salient with the Pleisse on their left stayed put
as well as the French 51st and 52nd division. The AI did not try to go around the River 3 bridges, and land behind
Turreau and Legarde around Dolitz...I had sent all of the French strategic reserve : the Polish Division as well as a
2 French Rgt Garrison + 1 artillery battery left to guard Dolitz from a possible incursion in that sector.
The end was terrible for the Coalition and an Overwhelming Victory for the French.

The very 'spare' map I think its the key : my computer has stopped crashing at the red journal cover.
I 'll do the same with Lindenau : tone the trees elelments down.  ( I need at least another gig of ram)

Well I hope to post everything tomorrow or the next day :smile:
Thanks
`` Non ridere, non lugere, neque detestari, sed inteligere``
Spinoza