Auteur Sujet: F2 2D view - seeing, giving orders to specific units  (Lu 3591 fois)

Hors ligne AnkLrd

• Major
F2 2D view - seeing, giving orders to specific units
« le: 17 février 2010, 09:48:44 am »
Mostly using 2D view (%95) ...

While i am on 2D (F2) view, i enter F7 menu and then Corps lets say...
I hit on an artillery unit for example to choose it and then on the map there is no sign where the unit is...
until i hit an order for it...move or attack etc. (an arrow appears).

Is it possible to see the unit on 2D map when i hit the unit name on F7, corps... before giving orders ?

Is it possible to choose multiple units to give independent but same orders on 2d map ?
« Modifié: 17 février 2010, 09:50:25 am par Rustem35 »

Hors ligne GrosPaul

• Chef de Bataillon
Re : F2 2D view - seeing, giving orders to specific units
« Réponse #1 le: 17 février 2010, 12:48:30 pm »
Rustem, when you first place your cursor mouse on a Corps Commandant then you push F7 the display concerns this Corps.

For you second question I ignore and doubt it is possible.

GP.

Hors ligne Fusilier

• Officier HistWar
  • Lieutenant
« Réponse #2 le: 17 février 2010, 14:25:13 pm »
GrosPaul is quite correct about not being able to pick multiple idepentant units and give a joint order to, that’s what the Corps commanders are for!

What you can do after you detach your units is give a “support a unit” order and the units will generally stick together.

Beware though, the Corps commander can and will often override your independent orders if he thinks the integrity of the Corps is at risk. 

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Réponse #3 le: 17 février 2010, 14:31:25 pm »
I'm finding it's best to detach as few units as you can get away with, if there are too many away from the Corps Command it becomes a nightmare keeping track of them....one or two key units to mirco manage is enough for me.

I notice several units get detached at the start, something to do with the deployment area's I'm guessing.

Hors ligne Count von Csollich

• Officier HistWar
  • Colonel
Re : Re : F2 2D view - seeing, giving orders to specific units
« Réponse #4 le: 17 février 2010, 14:47:48 pm »
I'm finding it's best to detach as few units as you can get away with, if there are too many away from the Corps Command it becomes a nightmare keeping track of them....one or two key units to mirco manage is enough for me.

I notice several units get detached at the start, something to do with the deployment area's I'm guessing.

Each Unit you detach, has a heavy impact on the strentgh and the units the Corps Commander has available to deal with his orders - which means he has to adjust his line accordingly - which might result in complete and utter chaos, because he is simply lacking the proper units to fulfill his task...
If I detach a unit...then only to occupy a village or to scout...
but this is only my approach.... :mrgreen:

As to the detached units in the deployment phase...I saw it happens if you move your Corps over a village...it usually leaves a unit in there to occupy it and then this unit get's detached...I haven't checked it thoroughly though... :mrgreen:
« Modifié: 17 février 2010, 14:50:51 pm par Count von Csollich »
"parcere subiectis et debellare superbos", Vergil

Hors ligne AnkLrd

• Major
« Réponse #5 le: 17 février 2010, 17:37:58 pm »
I understand what you all say and very helpful.
But as i watch 2d view and units seem to be on top of each other i cant find my artillery for specific duty. If i hit on corp commander and then F7 i see my corp, right, but i cant again find my artillery when its square is under another infantry square on the related corp. I just want to find an artillery easily left click it and zone bomb for example. But a corp may have more than 2-3 artillery, i cant sort which is on north which is on south, i have to hit an order and get an arrow to find my artillery situation... would be great if the unit flashes on F2 view for example when i hit it on F7 menu... :roll:
« Modifié: 17 février 2010, 17:40:42 pm par Rustem35 »

Hors ligne Franciscus

• Colonel
Re : Re : F2 2D view - seeing, giving orders to specific units
« Réponse #6 le: 17 février 2010, 18:15:07 pm »
I understand what you all say and very helpful.
But as i watch 2d view and units seem to be on top of each other i cant find my artillery for specific duty. If i hit on corp commander and then F7 i see my corp, right, but i cant again find my artillery when its square is under another infantry square on the related corp. I just want to find an artillery easily left click it and zone bomb for example. But a corp may have more than 2-3 artillery, i cant sort which is on north which is on south, i have to hit an order and get an arrow to find my artillery situation... would be great if the unit flashes on F2 view for example when i hit it on F7 menu... :roll:

+1