Auteur Sujet: NBC Generals at War (GaW) - MP and PBEM games for all.  (Lu 47831 fois)

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
NBC Generals at War (GaW) - MP and PBEM games for all.
« le: 11 février 2010, 15:20:57 pm »
EDIT : as things changed here the name also changed to GaW

In an attempt to generate some MP games NBC have launched this, full information can be found on the NBC forum, it has it's own forum there.

SBs are a series of six MP battles for any number of Commanders on each side with each battle being larger than the previous one, there is no connection between the battles, this is not a “Campaign”.  

The first SBs will use CONCSRIPT mode, this will be reviewed in future SBs as we all gain experience using LG.  It may well be that Regular or Grognard mode will be used in  later SBs.

Battles will be approximate CEH 50,100,150,200,250 and 300 strength in size with random OOBs fixed before the start. Anyone who is a game host MUST download these OOBs before they host a game.

Randon CEH 50 OOB example :

The six maps will be used in this order :
1. Hanau
2. Haslach
3. Borodino
4. Montebello
5. La Rothière
6. Ratisbone

In future we may have different maps, with a standard length of battle, perhaps about 8 hours fighting time, to allow plenty of time to get a winning result.

Plans are to start on Monday 5th April 2010 to allow time for the full game release to the general public and lots of MP practice - before battle commences.
« Modifié: 22 mars 2010, 18:09:39 pm par Gunner24 »

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
Re : NBC Six Battles [SBs] mp game.
« Réponse #1 le: 11 février 2010, 16:26:44 pm »
I should mention, I'm more than happy to do the admin for this without being involved in the battles.

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Réponse #2 le: 12 février 2010, 17:55:41 pm »
I have been advised by NBC members that doing this in MP format might be a bit too ambitious......I'm now thinking about converting it to a PBEM system......I will post here within the next few days if that happens.

From the early mp experience with LG it does look like PBEM is very popular, and true MP not so popular.

Hors ligne Ras

• Chef de Bataillon
  • MizuRas
Re : Re : NBC Six Battles [SBs] mp game.
« Réponse #3 le: 13 février 2010, 12:25:37 pm »
From the early mp experience with LG it does look like PBEM is very popular, and true MP not so popular.
Give it time to pick up speed. At the moment people are holding back because of the bugs and the connection issues.
I for one would be interested in such a battle series and similar formats.

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Réponse #4 le: 13 février 2010, 13:25:09 pm »
Give it time to pick up speed. At the moment people are holding back because of the bugs and the connection issues.
I for one would be interested in such a battle series and similar formats.
Fair point this.  I have now made a poll to get some opinions on MP or PBEM being preferred.

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Réponse #5 le: 16 février 2010, 23:57:47 pm »
If this is of interest (I'm now thinking it can be for MP and PBEM) please see the full information on a possible change here :
http://napbc.freeforums.org/possible-conversion-to-pbem-format-and-mp-t1594.html

Hors ligne AnkLrd

• Major
« Réponse #6 le: 17 février 2010, 06:51:05 am »
Very good news Gunner! ...pbem ll be very good...
i joined to fight for Napoleon.

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Réponse #7 le: 17 février 2010, 14:53:42 pm »
Untill we get a solution to the "tech" problems with MP connections PBEM and 1v1 MP will be a good compremise for this.  If people get 2v2 and bigger games working then they can be used, but if not there is no reason to not push on with PBEM and 1v1s MP.

I think we now have two for and two against France, which could work even if no one else joins in, it will be far more interesting if we can get the numbers up to five or so on each side, but not critical - the numbers do not have to be even in this format.

All the information wil be updated very soon on the NBC SBs forum.

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Réponse #8 le: 17 février 2010, 17:18:53 pm »
All the topics on the SBs NBC forum http://napbc.freeforums.org/lg-sixbattles-forum-f97.html have now been amended to explain the new revised format of mostly 1v1 MP and PBEM, bigger than 1v1 MP will be allowed if people are able to arraange them. 

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Réponse #9 le: 27 février 2010, 14:51:12 pm »
With a month to go before we start there have been a few important changes recently, please check the topics which have a date showing the last update for each.....the main change is eveyone will build their own OOBs for battles - they will NOT be random unless that's what the player wants to do to save time.

SB Forum : http://napbc.freeforums.org/lg-sixbattles-forum-f97.html

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
Re : NBC Six Battles [SBs] MP and PBEM game.
« Réponse #10 le: 03 mars 2010, 22:46:37 pm »
With less than a month to go we have three Commanders for, and three against France, a month to practice MP and PBEM, making OOBs and doctrines and of course fighting the AI.

A few more Commanders on each side will make for a very good first "live" test of the SB idea.

Please see the NBC site to sign up if interested.

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
« Réponse #11 le: 04 mars 2010, 01:36:31 am »
I am interested if you can use me.  I don't build OOB's and I'm not particularly interested in PBEM, but I really want to get into MP.  I have only fought solo, so I'll need a lot of help etc... Let me know if I will be of any use.

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Réponse #12 le: 04 mars 2010, 15:07:41 pm »
I am interested if you can use me.

Yes, we sure can.  You will need to register on the NBC site.  That can be as a normal "guest" or a full NBC member, you can take part whichever you prefer.

I don't build OOB's
Have you tried the random one, it's very easy and only takes a few seconds......if you have a 100CEH battle make a random 100CEH......but don't worry if you don't want to do that.  During the next few weeks I will post some OOBs for different size battles and you can pick them as you need them.

and I'm not particularly interested in PBEM,

I thought the same to start with - but they are excellent, I would recommend you try one - with me if you like, but again if your not interested in PBEM you can do MP battles.

but I really want to get into MP.

That's the best way to play LG, we wait for the patch which Hook has said will improve things, MP wise.

I have only fought solo, so I'll need a lot of help etc...

All the NBC guys are very good at helping others - no problem there.

If you want to join in, you will need to post over at NBC and declare to fight for, or against France.....hope to see you there soon.

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
« Réponse #13 le: 04 mars 2010, 18:43:29 pm »
Gunner, I will register over there later today. After that I believe I have to have the same Map and OOB's as the other players, could you and I do a practice run some time? I'm in WA State, so in MP, how do we handle the time differences between participants? Yes I will also try the PBEM but I'm really interested in the "Real Time" nature of MP. I could never get used to PBEM Chess.

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Réponse #14 le: 04 mars 2010, 20:16:46 pm »
ajlewisbrookes :PM sent.

I have added a new topic about the "random" OOBs that can be used for those who don't wish to build their own OOBs for SB.

Added to the important info forum over at NBC/SB.