Auteur Sujet: Three scenarios from three authors:Wertingen,Lindenau,Caldiero  (Lu 11086 fois)

Hors ligne nix

• Officier d'HistWar
  • Chef de Bataillon
Three scenarios from three authors:Wertingen,Lindenau,Caldiero
« le: 10 février 2010, 20:59:08 pm »
I have taken the liberty of gathering the three scenarios already up on other threads:

(NB Wertingen map must be played in 'COMMAND BOTH SIDES'' mode to avoid a hang: read the Read me file which is in the zip. Which ever side you play in this mode  the AI automatically plays the other)

Wertingen 1805 : http://www.keepandshare.com/doc/1741488/wertingen-1805-nix-zip?da=y by nix

French 10,852  in 5 divisions  vs Coalition    6336 in 2 divisions.  Map 10Km Action N,S

Lindenau 1813: http://uploading.com/files/b289f8ed/New%2BWinZip%2BLindenau.zip/ by zu peferd

French 28,372 in 3 divisions vs Coalition 16,884 in3 divisions. Map 10 Km Action W,E

Caldiero 1805: http://www.wargamer.com/gamesdepot/details.asp?sid=4763 by Montecuccoli

French 40,218 in 4 corps vs Coalition 46,766 in 4 corps. Map 10 Km Action W, E

The OoBs we now have for Haslach, Wertingen and Lindenau mean we can have lots of smaller battles  (5338 v 6336 i.e Haslach Fr v Wertingen Austrian) , (10,852 v 16884 Wert Fr v Lind Coalit) and (28,372 v 23,574 Lind Fr v Haslach coalit) as well as intermediate ones such as Caldiero and the huge actions which came with the game...

« Modifié: 11 février 2010, 10:16:34 am par nix »

Hors ligne Count von Csollich

• Officier HistWar
  • Colonel
Re : Three scenarios from three authors:Wertingen,Lindenau,Caldiero
« Réponse #1 le: 10 février 2010, 21:01:18 pm »
This is what I call "constructive posting"...thank you very much for this first summary... :mrgreen:

CvC

btw...I tried them all out...they work fine...and are great fun... :mrgreen:
« Modifié: 10 février 2010, 21:15:51 pm par Count von Csollich »
"parcere subiectis et debellare superbos", Vergil

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
    • http://www.histwar.com
« Réponse #2 le: 10 février 2010, 21:12:15 pm »
Hi,

Thank you for this action ;)

Comments:
a) you can upload the files within your post : open Additional Options (under this box) and attach the files
b) sometimes, the Great Tactical AI can't find a solution for some maps (and LG hangs); so, I must add a procedure to test the "quality" of the map in order to caution the gamer.

JMM

Hors ligne thilio

• Général de Brigade
« Réponse #3 le: 10 février 2010, 21:26:15 pm »
Thanks nix,

I hope these are only the beginning of a long series  :smile:

Hors ligne Taff

• Lieutenant
« Réponse #4 le: 10 février 2010, 21:42:04 pm »
Have done An OOB for Davouts IIIrd Corps & the III & IVth Austrian corps on the 19th April 1809 It is set  as Divisions for Corps & is for playing on Herms great Rattisborn map. But…. It crashed half way through :-{ so don’t want to put it up unless someone is willing to take a risk & run it. Seems that there problems with which parameters you use on senarios so more trials needed

Hors ligne Uxbridge

• Chef de Bataillon
« Réponse #5 le: 10 février 2010, 23:21:02 pm »
Thanks Nix and zu Pferd - I played Lindenau and really enjoyed it (although it was very easy as the French to beat the smaller Austrian army).

Wouldn't it be nice to have 1:1 or 1:2 scale when playing these smaller battles?
Has anyone seen my leg?

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
« Réponse #6 le: 11 février 2010, 05:23:12 am »
Think I posted this in the wrong thread before, sorry for that.

Wertingen, is superb. Problem though, I gave the French all their delayed orders, switched sides did the same for the Allies.  I hit "P" and nobody moved at their given time.  F8 & F7 showed each Corps had the orders with the correct times but nobody obeyed them, I ran the game forward on fast and every body's deadline came and went.  Any ideas?

Hors ligne nix

• Officier d'HistWar
  • Chef de Bataillon
« Réponse #7 le: 11 février 2010, 10:15:57 am »
Thats odd!  :?

I may be wrong but I assumed the time on the slider is the clock time at which the order will start and not the delay time added to the battle start time, so eg Oudinard gets the order to move off at 14.00 so the timer for the 'initiate at' should be set at 2h00 and not for 2h30 (the time since battle commenced at 11.30).  ( Also I made the times to give correct arrival in grognard mode (full view) so they already factor in travel times for the order to get to the divisions from murat, for organising the move and then setting off.

The times I gave are the times you enter onto the slider.

Note some of the divisions arrived some hours after battle commenced. Try playing in conscript mode and see if they turn up earlier.)

Did you check with F8 that all the orders and their times had been recieved before you start play? (to do this roll the cursor to the division name on drop down menu for orders then roll it horizontally off the menu into the blued out deployment zone and the order is displayed as an appropriate arrow with time attached. For example I set up with Beaumont  making a diversion on line (so yellow arrow with 11H45 on it, while I issued  two orders to oudinard : march to col near wertingen: green arrow 2H00, and deploy on line and attack wertingen: red arrow 2h10)

If you interupt play after starting the game  and then reload it to continue play, the timed orders are lost (reported bug to be fixed) even though the arrows still apear in F8 so you need to play on through (or reissue orders to the french when you reload)

I cant think of anything else! hope one of these applies.....
« Modifié: 11 février 2010, 11:07:02 am par nix »

Hors ligne nix

• Officier d'HistWar
  • Chef de Bataillon
« Réponse #8 le: 11 février 2010, 11:54:59 am »
Just realised what might be happening!

If you are playing Grognard mode as Austria  the F2 map will not show the oncomming french delayed units untill they appear over the hill when they are in sight of any of your troops, unless you are out scouting for them.

If you have switched to French side to see if the troops are obeying your initial orders they may still be at their initial positions on the F2 view but greyed out ( last known position reported to Murat) However they may have moved already: its just that Murat cannot see them yet so he doesnt know if they are on the way either!  If you are playing grognard but with full view for the camera, you can fly over to see if they are on the way (bit of a cheat but ok if you are just seeing all is working!). 

What will happen if all is running well is that the french units that at one moment are on the start positions  greyed out will suddenly appear at wertingen as murat can now see them.

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
« Réponse #9 le: 12 février 2010, 02:20:06 am »
OK guys, tried it again and everything worked perfectly this time.  What a superb small action Wertingen is, well done that man!!!!!!!!!!

I deployed the Allies directly to the left and right of the town of Wertingen, With artillery on both hills to the west and east, each  supported by a cavalry regiment.  I tried to be as fair as possible knowing that it was going to be my job to smash them.  I figured that with Wertingen defended in their center and artillery deployed on the east and west heights commanding all approaches, I was being fair. I had to take into account they were resting there that night and had know intelligence of an approaching enemy.  If they would have had that knowledge they would probably of spent the night on the heights to east and west.

I ordered Beaumont to march behind the smaller hill to the Ne of Wertingen and deployed his Corps on the reverse slope behind the tree line and wait (Shades of Wellington).
Similarly I ordered Fauconnet via march to deploy on the reverse slope behind the tree line of the hill directly west of Wertingen and wait.
Oudinots Corps marched and deployed in the east entrance to the valley, between the hill of Fauconnets deployment and the small hill just to the north.

Now the fun began.  As Oudinot was deploying in the valley entrance, still unseen, Beaumont deployed his artillery just over the ridge with cavalry in support.  Fauconnet made an identical move.  They both began bombarding the allied flanks. This was the first the Allies knew of an enemy in the vicinity but by this time it was to late, the trap was sprung.

Meanwhile Klien marched and liaised on Beaumonts left flank and Nansouty marched and liaised on Oudinards right flank.
It was a great battle I won with a 6% CEH to the Allies 34%.  However the battle was terminated before I was allowed to close my pincer movement, which was a little disappointing.  I hope JMM will make an option to fight tbe battle until darkness falls, but I know he has a lot to do already.

The more battles I fight the more I understand the controls and the reaction of the A!.  JMM you are a genius!!!!!!!

I have attached a couple of screenshots for those who are interested.

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
« Réponse #10 le: 12 février 2010, 02:23:56 am »
Don't know what happened to the other two screen shots.  The one above was the end of the battle, you can see why I wanted it to play out.
Here are the other 2.

Hors ligne zu Pferd

• Colonel
    • [IMG]http://i59.tinypic.com/20f5jja.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i59.tinypic.com/20f5jja.jpg[/IMG]
Re : Re : Three scenarios from three authors:Wertingen,Lindenau,Caldiero
« Réponse #11 le: 12 février 2010, 06:39:42 am »
Thanks Nix and zu Pferd - I played Lindenau and really enjoyed it (although it was very easy as the French to beat the smaller Austrian army).

Wouldn't it be nice to have 1:1 or 1:2 scale when playing these smaller battles?

Very Glad to hear it!!
To be truthful Gyulai had 25,190 troops at Lindeanu:  however after  detaching 5000 to guard his flanks and
communications only 20,000 or so were available  to launch an attack a number insufficient to take Lindenau
a very strong French defensive position.

Bertrand had been ordered by Napoleon to march south and give aid to the crumbling right wing resting on Dolitz
and Markleeberg (another scenario I'm working on...alas no Prussians yet  I'm patient :))  around 10:00 am
On his march south Bertrand was intercepted by Arrighi which commanding the Leipzig Garrison 5,500 men
was the only troop available to defend the west approach to Leipzig and the only corridor available to Napoleon in the
event of a retreat. Bertrand agrees to give aid to Arrighi  and was kept away from aiding his Monarch in turning the
tide against the Coalition.

I will research the oob a little more and possibly I'll have an improved version soon

Cheers

`` Non ridere, non lugere, neque detestari, sed inteligere``
Spinoza

Hors ligne Théodoricus

• Major
« Réponse #12 le: 12 février 2010, 10:17:03 am »
Hello nix and Zu Pferd,

I believe you've made great works in those 3 scenarios ! But there's something I 'd like to understand.

I would like to try those 3 scenarios you made but I'm french and I'm playing Histwar with the french language game.
So I'm asking if I can put your 3 english langage scenarios as they are in the french game and if it will run. I guess it won't.

Do I have to translate all the Orders of Battles in the french OoB editor and all the scenarios too ? And I guess the maps should be utilize as they are.

Can you tell me if I'm right or wrong ? How should I do ?

Cordially,
 :D

Théodoricus

Hors ligne DominiqueT

• Officier HistWar
  • Colonel
    • Les Monuments de l'Empire
« Réponse #13 le: 12 février 2010, 10:36:02 am »
Je peux vous dire que les 3 scénarios fonctionnent parfaitement, avec des OdB en français, sur une version française d'Histwar. Vous vous en faites pour rien.

No language problem, these three scenarios work perfectly in French, don't bother.

Hors ligne nix

• Officier d'HistWar
  • Chef de Bataillon
« Réponse #14 le: 12 février 2010, 10:37:35 am »
I dont think you need to translate anything: in the OoBs  the units are choosen from the preset list without alteration. You will have the division names (1st inf div etc) on the unit cards of the UI in English but if you can live with that all is well :D