Auteur Sujet: Model Seams  (Lu 9917 fois)

ezjax

• Invité
Model Seams
« le: 06 février 2010, 04:02:08 am »
....bump
« Modifié: 11 mars 2010, 03:39:39 am par ezjax »

Hors ligne Formaldehyde

• Capitaine
Re : Model Seams
« Réponse #1 le: 06 février 2010, 04:20:11 am »
Ezjax, could you post a picture of the DDS you have modded (or attach it)?  That might help give an idea if it is indeed something with the texture.

Nice work on the HPS games, by the way.  Glad you are working on something here.

Hors ligne Formaldehyde

• Capitaine
« Réponse #2 le: 06 février 2010, 05:32:12 am »
I just looked at them by comparing the two texture as a set of layers in Photoshop.  everything seems to line up.  There may be a row of pixels that may be off somewhere, but I don't see it. 

Try making a dummy DDS with each are mapped out in a solid block of color (using your DDS as a guide), and see if that reveals where the little bit of white is coming from.

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
    • http://www.histwar.com
« Réponse #3 le: 10 février 2010, 21:23:11 pm »
Congratulations...  ;)

JMM

PS : you can upload your files on the histwar server : click on Additional Options and upload the file

Hors ligne gazfun

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateur
  • Colonel
  • Avartar
    • The Generals HQ
« Réponse #4 le: 10 février 2010, 23:20:59 pm »
good work ezjax
Write your own History!

Online most times @Skype "The Generals HQ or gazfun. Friday 1900hrs +10 GMT join us if you can!
http://www.thegeneralshq.org
http://www.histwar.org/forum/index.php/board,118.0.html
Histwar Les Grognards beta tester

Hors ligne Jack Aubrey

• Officier d'HistWar : Grognard de la Jeune Garde
  • Colonel
  • HMS Surprise
    • http://www.histwar.com/screenshots/Banniere/Ban260206-19.jpg[img][/img]
« Réponse #5 le: 10 février 2010, 23:37:17 pm »
very very nice !! good work
”Never mind the manoeuvres, just go straight at 'em.": Horatio Nelson

Hors ligne Fusilier

• Officier HistWar
  • Lieutenant
« Réponse #6 le: 10 février 2010, 23:59:30 pm »
Ezjax, I knew it wouldn’t take you long to start turning out fantastic mod’s!

Thanks’ for using your skills and expertise to enhance an already fantastic simulation.

Hors ligne glaude1955

• Major
« Réponse #7 le: 12 février 2010, 18:23:04 pm »
Bravo, …., j'ai essayé vos pics polonais (dds) et je n'ai qu'un mot à dire : splendide !
C'est un vrai plaisir. J'ai envie d'employer des corps polonais dans tous mes scénarios.
Je n'ai pas observé de défauts flagrants, il faudra vérifier plus tard, lorsque nous aurons un éditeur d'unité, à quelle unité est affecté tel pic…et vice versa car il y a des pics génériques.
Le processeur semble accepter ces nouveaux pics en 256x256. Pour les 512x512, il y a un risque de ralentissement, taille du fichier  4 fois plus grande. Histwar supportera t il la modification ?

Encore, encore…

Yves

Bravo,…., I tried your Polish pics (dds) and I only have a word to say: splendid! 
It is a true pleasure. I want to use some Polish Corps in all my scenarios. 
I didn't observe any flagrant defaults, it will be necessary to verify later, when we will have a editor of unit, to what unit is affected such pic…and vice-versa because there are some generic pics. 
The processor seems to accept these new pics in 256x256. For the 512x512, there is a risk of slowing, size of the file bigger 4 times. Will Histwar support the modification? 

Again, again…   

Hors ligne glaude1955

• Major
« Réponse #8 le: 15 février 2010, 17:38:01 pm »
Bonjour Ezjax, 

J'ai regardé d'un peu plus près les modifications que tu as effectuées. Malheureusement comme je le craignais, il s'avère que diverses unités sont affectées, pas seulement les unités polonaises. Sont touchées les unités de Chasseurs à cheval-' fini la tenue verte ainsi que les unités d'artillerie françaises. Je n'ai pas tout analysé, ce sont les 2 choses qui me sont apparues tout de suite. 
Tant que JMM n'aura pas donné l'accès à ces fichiers en expliquant les divers liens, les modeurs devront patienter. 
L'idéal (je l'écris pour JMM s'il lit ce post) serait qu'il nous offre un éditeur complet permettant de modifier de A à Z tous les champs nécessaires. Ce genre d'éditeur je l'ai rencontré dans Winspww2 où les concepteurs SPCamo permettent de changer les noms d'unités, la composition, l'armement, le blindage, la photo représentant l'unité, le son de son déplacement, le son de son armement… bref de créer n'importe quelle unité. 
Histwar est un peu différent puisqu'il y a la 3D mais une fois que nous saurons quels fichiers influent sur telles ou telles choses, il y aura du pain sur la planche pour les modeurs. JMM a promis dans un post antérieur qu'il fournirait des renseignements à ce sujet une fois le jeu sorti commercialement. 
Là ou le bât blesse, c'est que Winspww2 est un jeu gratuit est qu'Histwar ne l'est pas. Je ne sais ce que nous donnera JMM mais je me doute qu'il gardera quelques secrets (peut être pour les extensions) et c'est bien normal. 

Tes images sont vraiment belles, félicitations 

Yves 

hello Ezjax,

I looked at a few more near modifications that you did. Unfortunately as I feared it, it proves to be that various units are affected, not only the Polish units. Are touched units of Chasseurs à Cheval - ' finished the green uniform as well as the French artillery units. I didn't analyze everything, it is the 2 things that immediately appeared me. 
So much that JMM won't have given the access to these files while explaining the various links, modeurses should exercise patience. 
The ideal (I write it for JMM if he reads this post) would be that he offers us a complete editor permitting to modify for A to Z all necessary fields. This kind of editor I met him in Winspww2 where inventors SPCamo permit to change names of units, the composition, arming, the armor, the picture representing the unit, the sound of its displacement, the sound of its arming… brief to create no matter unit. 
Histwar is a little different since there is the 3D but once we will know what files influence on such or such things, there will be bread on the board for moders. JMM promised in a previous post that he would provide information after the game is out commercially. 
There or the packsaddle wounds, it is that Winspww2 is a free game and that Histwar is not. I don't know what will give us JMM but I suspect that he will keep some secrets (can be for extensions) and it is well normal. 

Your pictures are indeed beautiful, congratulation 

Yves 

Hors ligne Ras

• Chef de Bataillon
  • MizuRas
« Réponse #9 le: 28 février 2010, 11:19:44 am »
Hello Ezjax,

great work on the textures. They're really nice.
I just had a look at your site and found this comment:
THis project is on hold / canceled. As I was making these I ran into various problems (mainly in the seams) and I have come to the conclusion that while I can improve the Unit textures, I think the real improvement would be in redoing the unit models. Plus I see there does not seem to much interest in improving the Units away

It's a pity that you didn't get the proper motivation when you posted your stuff. I suppose the game was just too new and people were busy playtesting and getting used to the interface, etc. I for one would love to see more of your stuff. And I'd appreciate it if you could keep us updated.
Perhaps we could even join forces for a larger project. I'm modding all the flags atm and I hope in the future we are able to give each regiment its own flag.
I'd like to know if you have discovered any rule as to which texture is assigned to which unit. I looked into editing a texture but can't find the corresponding file for the Cleve-Berg infantry.

Cheers,

Ras

Hors ligne glaude1955

• Major
« Réponse #10 le: 28 février 2010, 11:51:47 am »
Bonjour les amis,
Je pense que maintenant que JMM a sorti son premier patch, il aura un peu plus de temps à accorder aux modders.
Ezjaz pourrait écrire sur Redmine un post à ce sujet. JMM avait indiqué qu'une fois le jeu sorti, il donnerait des outils ou des indications aux modders. Il est temps de le lui rappeler pour la plus grande joie des utilisateurs.
Peu de joueurs ont manifesté leur intérêt mais cela ne signifie pas qu'ils n'utilisent pas les textures modifiées.
Pour ma part, j'utilise les drapeaux de Ras et le drapeau polonais d'Ezjaz.
Vous avez fait un beau travail tous les deux, ne vous laissez pas décourager par le manque de réaction de la communauté.
Si je peux vous aider pour des tests ou d'autres choses, n'hésitez pas à me le demander. Cela me fera plaisir.
Yves

Hello friends,   
I think that now  JMM took out his first patch, he will have a few more of time to grant to modders.   
Ezjaz could write on Redmine a post to this topic. JMM had indicated that once the left game, he would give tools or indications to modders. It is time to recall it for the biggest joy of users.   
Few players showed their interest but it doesn't mean that they don't use the modified textures.   
For my part, I use flags of Rast and the Polish flag of Ezjaz.   
You made a beautiful work all two, don't let discourage you by the lack of reaction of the community. 
If I can help you for tests or of something else, don't hesitate to ask me. It will make me pleasure.

Hors ligne Fusilier

• Officier HistWar
  • Lieutenant
« Réponse #11 le: 28 février 2010, 13:07:23 pm »
It’s very true what glaude1955 has just stated, that many people download and use the Mods produced by our more gifted members and yet make no comments on the forum.

There are various reasons why players don’t post, language difficulties, shyness to name but two. That is not to say that the work of the modders is not appreciated and used by members.

The same problem is found with  Map, OOB and Scenarios, many download’s but few comments.

Lots of people are working hard and using their various expertises to enhance this marvellous simulation of JMM’s and for that they deserve our thanks.

This is a great friendly multinational forum and I gain a lot of pleasure when reading through the posts and following the many discussions each day.

Hors ligne mccourt

• Adjudant
« Réponse #12 le: 28 février 2010, 20:14:01 pm »
Downloaded this.... looks excellent

Thanks

Tom

Hors ligne glaude1955

• Major
« Réponse #13 le: 01 mars 2010, 13:55:21 pm »
Bonjour Ezjax et Ras,

I dispose Photoshop CS2, Paint Shop Pro 7 and a DDS converter.  
If you bring up a common project, I would be able to give you a stroke of hand but I confess that I will need your advices.  
If it doesn't ask too much work of your part, could you bring up a light tutorial explaining the method to follow with your advices.  
I only ask to learn.    

Je dispose de Photoshop CS2, de Paint Shop Pro 7 et d'un convertisseur DDS.  
Si vous montez un projet commun, je pourrais peut être vous donner un coup de main mais j'avoue que j'aurai besoin de vos conseils.  
Si cela ne demande pas trop de travail de votre part, pourriez vous monter un léger tutorial expliquant la méthode à suivre avec vos conseils.  
Je ne demande qu'à apprendre.    

Yves
« Modifié: 01 mars 2010, 14:12:02 pm par glaude1955 »

Hors ligne Ras

• Chef de Bataillon
  • MizuRas
« Réponse #14 le: 01 mars 2010, 21:50:48 pm »
Hello glaude1955 (et al),

thanks for your encouraging words. It's appreciated.

A tutorial explaining my method? I could do one later if I've time.
A few notes: I use Photoshop CS 4 with the free Nvidia dds plugin. Your CS2 should also work with that. With the plugin you can load and save all kinds of dds files. Another good tool is Irfanview. It's an image browser for all formats and it allows you to see the dds files as thumbnails.