Auteur Sujet: Gunner24 - a bit about me.  (Lu 9649 fois)

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
Gunner24 - a bit about me.
« le: 06 février 2010, 00:07:15 am »
Hello all....not many checked in here yet.

I am open to PBEM games now I THINK I understand how they work.  Please PM me here if you would like to try one.

Background stuff about me : Played ntw2 (Rome Total War mod) for about 3 years, then Empire Total War mods Tac War and now TROM in MP format most evenings for the last year. Will also be getting Napoleon Total War in a few weeks.... I'm not interested in SP games.

I formed NBC almost three years ago for Napoleonic MP gaming and currently run it as a joint CiC with DougieJ.  I made over a hundred maps for ntw2 and helped the Lordz make some maps for Empire.  I also help run http://nwg.freeforums.org/ with elected members and took over an LG site founded by Rustem http://hwlgchallenge.com/

I have many books on the Napoleonic times but I'm not a "detail" person so my knowledge is not that great, my main interest is in the epic battles and in whatever way they can be fought using a pc !. 

If you check the nwg site nwgLL battle results forum you will see I enjoy not only playing the MP games, but also the chit chat and discussion that goes on afterwards - I hope LG generates this as well.

I'm in England.....on the pc most afternoons (forums) and MP gaming most nights......apart from this my interests are golf, the stockmarket, reading, history, poker, films and Friday afternoon pub lunchs !.

Hope to meet some of you soon on the LG battlefields.

Hors ligne Count von Csollich

• Officier HistWar
  • Colonel
Re : Gunner24 - a bit about me.
« Réponse #1 le: 06 février 2010, 00:16:58 am »
Hi Gunner24!

well, simply welcoming you on this forum isn't really an appropriate action anymore :mrgreen:
Everybody knows you already... :mrgreen: only good stuff of course... :mrgreen:

but welcome to you anyway...I'll see you on the field then  :mrgreen:
many times I hope...It would be an honour... :mrgreen:

Cheers

CvC
"parcere subiectis et debellare superbos", Vergil

Hors ligne dOrleans

• Sergent
    • NBC
« Réponse #2 le: 06 février 2010, 01:46:58 am »
Hello Gunner24!

I too have been a fan of the Total War series. I like ETW quite a bit but mostly play the grande campaign and really enjoy the naval aspect of it for multiplay.  Looking forward to NTW in a few weeks aslo :)

Cheers

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Réponse #3 le: 06 février 2010, 14:31:27 pm »
Hello, for MP gaming the TROM mod is well worth trying, you can get the whole d/load from the nwg site which has an auto installer, it's a big d/load but installation is very simple. 

When NapTW arrives TROM may not be needed, I'm sure we will meet either on the LG or NapTW battlefields soon.

Hors ligne dOrleans

• Sergent
    • NBC
« Réponse #4 le: 07 février 2010, 02:36:20 am »
The Rights of Man?  I will try that out :)

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Réponse #5 le: 07 février 2010, 16:06:23 pm »
Yes, sorry about that, I should have said : The Rights of Man (TROM).

Hors ligne dOrleans

• Sergent
    • NBC
« Réponse #6 le: 17 février 2010, 05:14:07 am »
Installed and tried a few games with TROM.  Excellent :)  I can't believe I was playing vanilla ETW all this time..

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Réponse #7 le: 17 février 2010, 14:57:06 pm »
Most people say the same thing after they try it, the big problem is getting folk to try it.....and that's a lot to do with installing mods, but Moopere at nwg has done a great job of making the nwg auto installer.