Auteur Sujet: modding the game  (Lu 4991 fois)

Hors ligne alessillo

• Soldat
modding the game
« le: 03 février 2010, 12:17:50 pm »
Hello all,

I would like to know if it's possible to alter the 3d models present in the game; in other words a Seven Years War mod or a Crimean War mod can be done?

Cheers

Hors ligne Fusilier

• Officier HistWar
  • Lieutenant
Re : modding the game
« Réponse #1 le: 03 février 2010, 13:22:06 pm »
If you had the skills you could probably change some of the 3D to look like soldiers from another period.

But the whole simulation is designed around Napoleonic Warfare and attempting to play it using completely different strategy and tactics would in my opinion be hopeless and not enjoyable at all.

Enjoy the simulation for what it is and admire the amount of effort and expertise that JMM has put into his project.

Hors ligne Montecuccoli

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateur
  • Colonel
« Réponse #2 le: 03 février 2010, 16:36:42 pm »
For Seve years war i suggest you to work on doctrine editor first and then work on 3d graphic, i have to take confidence with doctrine editor but i think it is a powerful tool.

For example in Malburian war one can hold the units of Corps (well Wings for that kind of warfare) by disabling the possibility for units to go in help of units of different Corps/Wings

P.S. My compliments for your Mod for TC2M if you are the same alessillo i am confident that a mod by you for HWLG for 7YearsWar will be a masterpiece
Histwar beta tester

Hors ligne Regiment 0

• Lieutenant
« Réponse #3 le: 03 février 2010, 22:17:53 pm »
I haven't looked at the final release yet (haven't even had time to install it  :roll:) but in the demo I was not able to identify the file type for 3D models.

At a guess I would say that JMM is using a propriety file type and we will need his help and some sort of converter to modify the models.

The textures are all DDS by the looks of it.

Hors ligne Pom

• Caporal
« Réponse #4 le: 04 février 2010, 09:38:19 am »
A SYW mod would be great, I also enjoyed the modded TC2M, wanted a proper SYW mod for ETW, but as has been said, time to rediscover the joys of Napoleonic warfare, and there's so much to enjoy about this game and more to come.

Hors ligne TC237

• Sergent
« Réponse #5 le: 08 mars 2010, 01:37:36 am »
Are the .x2 files the 3d models?
What program can open and edit them?
3dsMax?
« Modifié: 08 mars 2010, 03:39:26 am par TC237 »

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
    • http://www.histwar.com
Re : Re : modding the game
« Réponse #6 le: 09 mars 2010, 19:05:22 pm »
Are the .x2 files the 3d models?
What program can open and edit them?
3dsMax?

Yes, all .x2 files are the 3D models (man,building...)
It's a specific format. I'll be back on the organization of the 3D models in the game.

JMM