Auteur Sujet: Making OoBs for everyone  (Lu 6615 fois)

Hors ligne HarryInk

• Grognard de la Vieille Garde
  • Major
Making OoBs for everyone
« le: 15 janvier 2010, 12:29:03 pm »
This is just a 'well, will you look at that!' kind of comment.  I'm reading vol.2 of the manual about the OoB Editor and realising that we can create the OoB for various campaigns, save 'em, and post the file on some forum or website for everyone to use thereafter.

The sheer volume of shareable features in this game is going to blow everything else in its class totally clear of the water!  JMM may have to be beatified!
"But I vil not divulge any furzer informazion!"

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
Re : Making OoBs for everyone
« Réponse #1 le: 15 janvier 2010, 15:31:39 pm »
That kind of thing is going to be needed for MP games, so we don't have to keep sending OOBs to each other, everyone can collect them (from the central point) and have them ready on their pc, ready for the host to use, without having to wait for them to be e-mailed  to them - again.

Hors ligne Montecuccoli

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateur
  • Colonel
« Réponse #2 le: 15 janvier 2010, 15:33:18 pm »
the editors (as i said several times) are really a game into the game... i spend many hours in Oob editor and map editor; anyway if i do not want to spend time just 2 click away i can make random oob and random map  :mrgreen:
Histwar beta tester

Hors ligne gazfun

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateur
  • Colonel
  • Avartar
    • The Generals HQ
Re : Re : Making OoBs for everyone
« Réponse #3 le: 16 janvier 2010, 23:52:17 pm »
the editors (as i said several times) are really a game into the game... i spend many hours in Oob editor and map editor; anyway if i do not want to spend time just 2 click away i can make random oob and random map  :mrgreen:
But you would have to admit making an OOB frpm scratch does have big appeal.t does for me, and also I have changed some of the names of the Regimental commander to yours truly and looks good as you see your "own regiment" go into battle........its great fun.
Ive changed names of up to Divisional Commander as well, thats something else to look at as well.
We have ideas of managing players this way for a bit of novelty.
anyone?
Write your own History!

Online most times @Skype "The Generals HQ or gazfun. Friday 1900hrs +10 GMT join us if you can!
http://www.thegeneralshq.org
http://www.histwar.org/forum/index.php/board,118.0.html
Histwar Les Grognards beta tester

Hors ligne Gaston45

• Adjudant
« Réponse #4 le: 17 janvier 2010, 01:12:38 am »
Exceptional... truely fantastic...JMM...IM naming my first born after you.
As a guy who loves making maps and OOB's this is going to be a delight, I cant wait.

Hors ligne Napoleonic Wargaming

• Adjudant
  • Napoleonic Wargame Club (NWC)
    • Napoleonic Wargame Club (NWC)
« Réponse #5 le: 18 janvier 2010, 08:45:23 am »
Very cool option! I fancy I'll be making OOB's loaded with people from my Clubs.  :D
Napoleonic Wargame Club (NWC)

Club Public Relations Officer

Hors ligne EylauHurricane

• Capitaine
  • Rgt. Italien de Osimo -SINE CAPITE GENTIUM CIVITAS
« Réponse #6 le: 31 janvier 2010, 10:37:18 am »
This is just a 'well, will you look at that!' kind of comment.  I'm reading vol.2 of the manual about the OoB Editor and realising that we can create the OoB for various campaigns, save 'em, and post the file on some forum or website for everyone to use thereafter. (HarryInk wrote).

I've posted in the Forum Francais a topic with the same idea of sharing OOBs. :idea:
Now, I'm reading a lot about Peninsular War (at the moment the retreat of sir John Moore). I have many very good sources. I know British are not in the game for the moment  :((but someone could make a mod waiting for the official expansion :lol:). What do you think if I begin to develop an OOB for Corunna and a map for Corunna, and share it on the site, of course after a bit of discussion to do a correct OOB and map (some things are controversial, the sources don't agree sometimes or are sometimes "obscure" expecially about OOBs)?. Moreover,  it's possible to make fictional scenarios (like battle of Lugo with all historical forces of Soult+Ney, for instance,  against the whole army of Moore, the latter with all the troops before the begin of the embarkment of some of them). I think I have all the data available! :)
I will post this proposal in the Forum Francais too.

P.S.:
Sorry for the mistake in the configuration of the topic :oops:, the words of HarryInk are at the top,  in white; the black ones are my words!
Bye ;)
« Modifié: 31 janvier 2010, 10:46:23 am par EylauHurricane »
"LES OFFICIERS NE SONT RIEN QUAND ILS N' ONT PAS DE POUVOIR" (Napoléon,  "Guerre et Paix" de Lev Tolstoy)

Hors ligne Darsh

• Chevalier HistWar
  • Général de Brigade
  • 1re Division de Cavalerie
« Réponse #7 le: 31 janvier 2010, 11:24:44 am »
I imagine that with all the editors there are many people who want make their British/Prussian/Spanish/Portuguese etc. armies and thy could also remake the famous battle of the Peninsula wars, the campaign of 1814 etc.

With little of imagination, the possibilities with Histwar are infinite because each player can be his own modder.

Hors ligne LNDavout

• Modérateurs
  • Chef de Bataillon
« Réponse #8 le: 31 janvier 2010, 13:01:54 pm »
I have the Greenhills " Napoleonic Wars Data Book". And you will see some battles from me for download.  :twisted:

Hors ligne EylauHurricane

• Capitaine
  • Rgt. Italien de Osimo -SINE CAPITE GENTIUM CIVITAS
« Réponse #9 le: 31 janvier 2010, 20:48:22 pm »
Hi, LN Davout!

I have the same book. It's great, but often OOB are not very detailed, expecially regarding the strenght of divisions or regiments. According to me, it's better to refer to many sources ; of course, the Data Book is one of them, and very important ;).

Bye
"LES OFFICIERS NE SONT RIEN QUAND ILS N' ONT PAS DE POUVOIR" (Napoléon,  "Guerre et Paix" de Lev Tolstoy)

Hors ligne KO|Druid

• Adjudant
« Réponse #10 le: 31 janvier 2010, 21:19:54 pm »
I have Scott Bowden's Auserlitz campaign with full and precise OOBs for all the protagonists at all major junctures of this blitzkrieg campaign.
"No Wife, no Horse, no Moustache..."

Hors ligne HarryInk

• Grognard de la Vieille Garde
  • Major
Re: Making OoBs for everyone
« Réponse #11 le: 31 janvier 2010, 21:23:42 pm »
Gill's 1809 Vol.1 with the OoBs of the Imperial+allies and the Hauptarmee for the April days of 1809. :)
"But I vil not divulge any furzer informazion!"

Hors ligne LNDavout

• Modérateurs
  • Chef de Bataillon
Re : Re : Making OoBs for everyone
« Réponse #12 le: 31 janvier 2010, 23:22:44 pm »
Hi, LN Davout!

I have the same book. It's great, but often OOB are not very detailed, expecially regarding the strenght of divisions or regiments. According to me, it's better to refer to many sources ; of course, the Data Book is one of them, and very important ;).

Bye

True and i also got more books.

But mainly for a good game close numbers are all you need. It doesn`t matter if you got 10 more or less.

:)