Auteur Sujet: British brigades?  (Lu 5567 fois)

Hors ligne rbbane

• Adjudant
  • In honour of my Rifleman son, and all 4 Rifles.
British brigades?
« le: 28 décembre 2009, 17:33:21 pm »
Not a question specifically for JMM, as I know he is very busy, unless he particularly fancies answering.
And also not really an immediate question, as the British, (along with the Prussians) won't be included until later.

In the demo, and the main game I expect, in all or most of the French and "Allied" armies, what I think looks like a "brigade" is depicted as the Regiment with it's constituant Battalions.  And I've no doubt that is accurate for those particular nations.

But with the British army, I think I am right in saying, that in nearly every theatre of war the (British) Regiment was represented by a single Battalion.  And a British brigade was made up of two, three, or possibly four "none related" Battalions.

Can anyone speculate if JMM is intending the British brigades to be made up as was historically accurate, and not like the majority of other nations, as "Regimental" groups?

Many thanks and appreciation for any opinions on this matter.
XP SP3
Intel Core i7 3770K/3.5 GHz.
Asus P8Z77-V Pro
Corsair PC1333 4 Gb
Asus GeForce GTX 760 1006Mhz 2Gb
Xonar D2 7.1

"Now Maitland, now's your time!
Stand up Guards!
Make ready,
Fire!"

Hors ligne CBR

• Capitaine
Re : British brigades?
« Réponse #1 le: 28 décembre 2009, 17:59:41 pm »
I'd say the main issue would be the size of the army. As soon as you have more than 100 regiments/batteries then we are looking at brigades as the smallest "unit"

I'm not sure if such brigades are going to have same restrictions as regiments because as of now it looks like a regiment can never have more than 2 battalions (300 meters) of frontage.

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Réponse #2 le: 28 décembre 2009, 22:17:29 pm »
Can anyone speculate if JMM is intending the British brigades to be made up as was historically accurate
I will speculate that they will be, I would be surprised if all the historically correct details for the first release won't also be correct when the Brits arrive.

As an example, from Waterloo, the Brit 3rd Division's 5th Bdg contained the 2/30, 33rd Foot, 2/69 and 2/73 Battalions, total about 2,300 men.  I'm sure that's what we will see when the Brits arrive later, the 5th Bdg, having four Battalions, with 2,300 men total.

Hors ligne lodi57

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Général de Brigade
« Réponse #3 le: 29 décembre 2009, 13:14:22 pm »
The OoB editor allows to form regiment form 1 to 6 battalions so you can have 4 regiments of 1 battalion each under the command of a brigadier general.
“Jamais d’aultres armes nous prendront, que celles que nous élisons ; et nous disons pour réconfort, nous voulons la liberté ou la mort !”

Hors ligne War Depot David

• Caporal
« Réponse #4 le: 08 janvier 2010, 04:57:03 am »
"The OoB editor allows to form regiment form 1 to 6 battalions so you can have 4 regiments of 1 battalion each under the command of a brigadier general."

Awesome.  Does this mean we can edit the OOBs to allow for single battalion tactics?

Hors ligne lodi57

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Général de Brigade
Re : Re : British brigades?
« Réponse #5 le: 08 janvier 2010, 11:33:18 am »
Awesome.  Does this mean we can edit the OOBs to allow for single battalion tactics?

The basic unit remains the regiment ; the regimental AI manages 1 bat instead of 2 or more, that's all. For a general of brigade, commanding to regiments of 2 bat each or 4 rgt of 1 bat each is always commanding 4 bat. There is no change in tactical-AI and as for regiment of several bat, if you want to manage by yourselves your single bat regiment, you must detached the units from their corps.
“Jamais d’aultres armes nous prendront, que celles que nous élisons ; et nous disons pour réconfort, nous voulons la liberté ou la mort !”

Hors ligne War Depot David

• Caporal
« Réponse #6 le: 25 janvier 2010, 00:44:36 am »
Understood.  So set up 4 regiments of 1 battalion each and then detach all 4 when ingame?

Hors ligne LNDavout

• Modérateurs
  • Chef de Bataillon
« Réponse #7 le: 25 janvier 2010, 16:04:20 pm »
well after the game is ready for sale.. the brits will join up i´m sure :)

Hors ligne little soldier

• Capitaine
« Réponse #8 le: 26 janvier 2010, 16:17:47 pm »
The brits always show up on time.... :mrgreen:

Hors ligne Uxbridge

• Chef de Bataillon
« Réponse #9 le: 27 janvier 2010, 15:32:39 pm »
Provided it is not snowing
Has anyone seen my leg?

Hors ligne Darsh

• Chevalier HistWar
  • Général de Brigade
  • 1re Division de Cavalerie
« Réponse #10 le: 27 janvier 2010, 16:00:40 pm »
Perhaps we'll have an expansion with our "best ennemies" before the end of this year.  ;)

Hors ligne pharaon

• Chef de Bataillon
  • Général LASALLE
« Réponse #11 le: 27 janvier 2010, 17:29:42 pm »
Oui, espérons que les troupes anglaises débarqueront sur le jeu cette année... ;)

Hors ligne Hoplite42

• Officier HistWar
  • Major
  • 1re Brigade de Cavalerie Légère
« Réponse #12 le: 27 janvier 2010, 19:01:40 pm »
Oui, espérons que les troupes anglaises débarqueront sur le jeu cette année... ;)
Nous aurons le temps de nous occuper avec les autres troupes Russes, prussiennes, autrichiennes, etc...   ;)

We will have the time to occupy us with everything the others troops Prussian, Austrian, Russian, etc...        ;)