Auteur Sujet: Aides-de-camp ?  (Lu 4085 fois)

Hors ligne Franciscus

• Colonel
Aides-de-camp ?
« le: 09 janvier 2010, 11:55:10 am »
What exactly are the aides-de-camp for ? Are they useful only in maximum FOW or are they also useful in the other game modes (ie, to relay orders more quickly ?) And what is the difference between sending one aide at a time and clicking on the 2nd option ("aides") Is this 2nd option equal to sending aides to all CC ?

Thank you

Hors ligne Hook

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateurs
  • Général de Brigade
Re : Aides-de-camp ?
« Réponse #1 le: 09 janvier 2010, 12:13:38 pm »
Aides-de-camp carry all your orders no matter what the setting is for Fog of War.  The unit info card for the commanders shows the number of AdCs currently available, it's under the quill pen icon.  When you send an order, that number will decrease by one until that AdC returns.  If you've sent all your AdCs out with orders, you cannot issue another order until one or more return.

The second option (aides) will send an AdC to each corps commander to get updated information from him.  Useful for Fog of War.  The white number in the lower left of the unit info card is the time that unit has been out of contact with the CinC.  With some Fog of War settings, a higher number there indicates that your information on that unit's location may be out of date.

I don't know if an AdC is required to give an order to an individual regiment, or if an AdC is sent to each detached regiment to get a status update. 

Hook

Hors ligne Pariente

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Brigade
  • Ἐργάζομαι καλοκάγαθικῶς. J'agis avec probité.
    • La Division Infernale !
« Réponse #2 le: 09 janvier 2010, 12:17:53 pm »
« If the time delay option is enabled, two factors will determine how long it will take for
orders to be executed:
· The period of time needed by the aide-de-camp to deliver the orders
to your subordinate commander [...] »

(User Guide)

Without any aide-de-camp, you cannot send an order to a corps. But as a commander in chief, you have 30 aides-de-camp, if I'm not mistaking. So you might never lack candidates for suicide. :smile:

Hors ligne Franciscus

• Colonel
Re : Re : Aides-de-camp ?
« Réponse #3 le: 09 janvier 2010, 12:41:55 pm »
(...)
The second option (aides) will send an AdC to each corps commander to get updated information from him.  Useful for Fog of War.  The white number in the lower left of the unit info card is the time that unit has been out of contact with the CinC.  With some Fog of War settings, a higher number there indicates that your information on that unit's location may be out of date.
(...)
Hook

So, when we send an order, an AdC is automatically sent to the respective CC. What use then to send an independent AdC to just a CC ? Is it just to get updated info from that CC alone ? No other benefits ?

Hors ligne Hook

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateurs
  • Général de Brigade
Re : Re : Re : Aides-de-camp ?
« Réponse #4 le: 09 janvier 2010, 12:51:19 pm »
So, when we send an order, an AdC is automatically sent to the respective CC. What use then to send an independent AdC to just a CC ? Is it just to get updated info from that CC alone ? No other benefits ?

One advantage is, if you're a little low on AdCs, you can conserve them if you only need updates from one corps commander.

Hook

Hors ligne lodi57

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Général de Brigade
Re : Re : Re : Aides-de-camp ?
« Réponse #5 le: 09 janvier 2010, 13:09:23 pm »

If the CiC needs to stay on the spot to follow an important action, it is very useful to send an AdC to a CC that you can't see the action and have information on the situation in this sector.
“Jamais d’aultres armes nous prendront, que celles que nous élisons ; et nous disons pour réconfort, nous voulons la liberté ou la mort !”

Hors ligne Gaston45

• Adjudant
« Réponse #6 le: 21 janvier 2010, 01:59:40 am »
What a good Idea.

Wouldnt it be great if you could send General Rapp to take over a division ?

Can you form Corps during a game and have a Aid-de-camp command it after you switch some units into it ?

Hors ligne Broadsword

• Capitaine
« Réponse #7 le: 21 janvier 2010, 03:38:03 am »
Speaking of aides-de-camp, I can't manage to use them in the game.
When I open the CinC's menu and click on "aide de camp" (the singular one), I see a very faint and hard-to-read list of corps commanders appear just to the right of the box. The font appears over the battlefield graphics, so it's very hard to read. Then I try to select one of the commanders' names from the list, but as soon as I click the mouse or even mouse over a name, the list and box disappear. Extremely frustrating! Any suggestions?

Hors ligne JCM101

• Capitaine
« Réponse #8 le: 21 janvier 2010, 14:36:29 pm »
Speaking of aides-de-camp, I can't manage to use them in the game.
When I open the CinC's menu and click on "aide de camp" (the singular one), I see a very faint and hard-to-read list of corps commanders appear just to the right of the box. The font appears over the battlefield graphics, so it's very hard to read. Then I try to select one of the commanders' names from the list, but as soon as I click the mouse or even mouse over a name, the list and box disappear. Extremely frustrating! Any suggestions?

If I hover the cursor over a commander after clicking AdC I get the yellow 'support' icon that I then click to link the AdC to that corps.

Hors ligne lodi57

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Général de Brigade
« Réponse #9 le: 21 janvier 2010, 15:20:08 pm »
Can you form Corps during a game and have a Aid-de-camp command it after you switch some units into it ?

You can form a corps during a game if the scenario maker have leave a CC without any unit or if one of your CC lose all his units.
“Jamais d’aultres armes nous prendront, que celles que nous élisons ; et nous disons pour réconfort, nous voulons la liberté ou la mort !”