Auteur Sujet: DEMO2 BEFORE BUYING  (Lu 24927 fois)

Hors ligne LNDavout

• Modérateurs
  • Chef de Bataillon
Re : DEMO2 BEFORE BUYING
« Réponse #15 le: 25 janvier 2010, 14:16:45 pm »
True words Hook,

an if you think something is wrong, grap some books an try to proof that it is wrong. I´m pretty sure JMM will corect it then ;)

but more you will learn that this was the way the battles did go.

I had also to clear my mind of some Hollywood visions.... even fter reading so many books... rofl

Hors ligne Montecuccoli

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateur
  • Colonel
« Réponse #16 le: 25 janvier 2010, 16:07:07 pm »
I am glad to see a beautiful discussion considering even some aspects of the game to be perfected.

Thanks everyone for this tone of discussion, this really help in the growing of the game and the community, every idea by now written has my own support.
Histwar beta tester

Hors ligne trailape

• Soldat
« Réponse #17 le: 02 mars 2010, 11:19:29 am »
Hi :D
I'm very new to this forum (joined about 20 mins ago), so would really appreciate any help with my question. :roll:
Where Oh where is DEMO2, (or DEMO3 for that matter)??
 I have tried 5 times to download and run the Demo on the Home Web Page with no success.  :cry:
I'm VERY VERY keen to purchase the game, but without having a Demo that works I simply wont part with my hard earned dollars.
Having found NTW a HUGE disapointment I'm hoping that HWLG will provide that Napoleonic gaming experiance that I can only get from a miniatures game at present.
Thanks

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
    • http://www.histwar.com
« Réponse #18 le: 02 mars 2010, 11:36:25 am »
Where Oh where is DEMO2
Not yet...

The Demo2 isn't finished. I have to be sure this demo works fine on all front lines.
The first patch (01a) fixes several issues, but yet there are some bugs I want erase before launching the Demo2.

Today, Les Grenadiers help me a lot to find the problems... but as you konw, the team is very very very small and these adjustments need a few time.

Patience.. no other way  :p

JMM

PS : that said, maybe we have to rebuild the first demo for fixing some bad issues.. What do you think about this idea?
Perhaps this task only needs a few time.

Hors ligne trailape

• Soldat
Re : Re : DEMO2 BEFORE BUYING
« Réponse #19 le: 02 mars 2010, 11:46:59 am »
Patience.. no other way  :p

JMM

PS : that said, maybe we have to rebuild the first demo for fixing some bad issues.. What do you think about this idea?

Hi JMM
Thanks for your very prompt reply :D
I'm happy to wait, as I'm sure the game (and demo) is worth the wait  :p
As for your "P.S." suggestion; that might be a good idea. Either way I'd just like to see a demo PRIOR to me buying the game.
What I've seen and heard, the game is fantastic and I'm looking forward to having a crack at it.
Cheers!
 :)

Hors ligne JFG

• Lieutenant
Re : Re : DEMO2 BEFORE BUYING
« Réponse #20 le: 02 mars 2010, 12:46:48 pm »

I think the content of the Demo I (except the bugs of course) is more than sufficient. Think how much time, players as me spent on it even with its bugs, so let us imagine (almost) without bugs !

And commercially speaking, the goal of such demo is to convince to buy the complete game, so, may be it is not necessary to go too far. In my opinion, Demo I is the right level.

Hors ligne parmenio

• Sergent
Re : Re : Re : DEMO2 BEFORE BUYING
« Réponse #21 le: 02 mars 2010, 20:26:28 pm »
In my opinion, Demo I is the right level.

Demo I has some problems, so as a sales & marketing tool it needs updating- it didn't behave at all well on my machine. Having said that, half an hour later I was ordering the digital download - there was enough there to convince me that this was a game worth investing in and I was right.

However, there are clearly still some people adopting a wait-and-see approach and all of the positive posts here on these forum pages don't appear to be able to sway them.

Selfishly, since I've already bought it, I'd rather see JMM invest his time in something else  :mrgreen:...
...but he probably should look at it sooner rather than later.

Hors ligne british tommy

• Soldat
« Réponse #22 le: 05 mars 2010, 00:37:56 am »
Demo 1 had enough in it to spark any interest for this era. I would say leave demo 1 alone and concentrate on demo 2 which is the important one. JMM is right concerning demo 2, when it is released then the players can see how good it is and the orders for the game will increase.
And while I'm at it, could I thank JMM and his beta team for the hard work they have put in so far. This game is so special that most players are willing to wait!

Hors ligne Dominatus

• Soldat
« Réponse #23 le: 09 mars 2010, 22:09:20 pm »
Any news on Demo 2?

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
« Réponse #24 le: 09 mars 2010, 22:21:59 pm »
I think JMM is putting all his efforts into Patches for the release but he'll have to answer that one himself.
I myself, said I was going to wait for demo 2 but I changed my mind ( it was me who started this thread you are posting in) and not one regret.  The release is incredible and many of the guys have already made available new scenarios, maps and oob's.

Yes, we have our lively debates about bugs and the evolution of the game, but you have to realize, we are debating with each other about a game that already stands head and shoulders, and always will, above all others.

Hors ligne Dominatus

• Soldat
« Réponse #25 le: 10 mars 2010, 19:53:45 pm »
May you please answer some of my questions on the game? Firstly what is the smallest unit one can command and secondly, does the AI for different nations have a set character?
Like for example The British would typically use the Reverse Slope tactic behind the crest of a hill where as other nations would simply form their line on the crest itself.  Would I see such details? (I know Brits are not released :P)

Cheers
             Dom

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
« Réponse #26 le: 10 mars 2010, 20:05:17 pm »
Dom, there are others on this Forum, such as Hook, who are far better qualified than I to answer you in full but this is what I understand.

Currently AI has the same program for the French and the Allies, although I have seen the Austrians attacking in massed column.  You can change the way AI reacts for diferent armies and types of unit in the Doctrine Editor. This in essence, makes the AI customisable.  I also know from discussions on previous posts, that AI will be programmed for the Brits, when that expansion arrives, with "Reverse Slope Tactics".  Finally the smallest unit you can command is Regiment, however you can deploy skirmishers from an Infantry regiment.

Hope this helps

Hors ligne Count von Csollich

• Officier HistWar
  • Colonel
« Réponse #27 le: 10 mars 2010, 20:06:34 pm »
The smallest unit you can command is either a regiment of infantry, cavalry or a battery of artillery
and concerning the AI...this is one of the special features of this game....the British are this huge a task to complete, before implemented because of the reverse slope AI...
you can influence the behaviour of your nations with the doctrine editor...but the default settings have taken exactly your thoughts into consideration...

CvC
"parcere subiectis et debellare superbos", Vergil

Hors ligne Hook

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateurs
  • Général de Brigade
« Réponse #28 le: 10 mars 2010, 20:08:04 pm »
Firstly what is the smallest unit one can command

Smallest unit is a regiment of infantry consisting of 2 to 6 battalions.  Smallest artillery is generally a battery of 4 to 8 guns or more... I've seen up to 24.  Cavalry regiment has 2 to 4 squadrons, maybe more.

... and secondly, does the AI for different nations have a set character?

There are only a few national differences.  Artillery range, amount of artillery ammo, march speeds for various types of units.  Everything else is controlled by the doctrine editor where each nationality can have its own doctrines.  There may be some differences in what percentage of your force can be guard, or artillery, or cavalry in the order of battle editor, but I haven't checked that out.

Hook

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
« Réponse #29 le: 10 mars 2010, 20:11:08 pm »
I knew those two would help me out!!!!!!